1 ... 8 9 10
secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/17 10:15 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: A little Smokey Yunick fuel line shenanigans maybe?

Impossible with the exhaustive tech inspections you guys have to deal with...

hhaase
hhaase Reader
5/12/17 10:43 p.m.
secretariata wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: A little Smokey Yunick fuel line shenanigans maybe?
Impossible with the exhaustive tech inspections you guys have to deal with...

Oh yeah? You never read the story about when he rebuilt an engine in front of a crowd of spectators, and STILL managed to get away with installing illegal parts.

That reminds me, I gotta get some fresh stickers from them. They'd be very upset if I didn't have Smokey's garage on the car for my own one lap.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/17 11:35 p.m.

In reply to hhaase:

I was referring to the strict One Lap tech inspections, but it sounds like they might have used the same inspection requirements...

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
5/13/17 1:57 p.m.

Hey, it was great meeting you folks today!

Have a safe drive home!

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
5/13/17 4:31 p.m.

Congrats on finishing another one! Safe travels home.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/13/17 4:45 p.m.
GPz11 wrote: Hey, it was great meeting you folks today! Have a safe drive home!

Fantastic meeting you as well. The number of GRMers that I've put faces to this week makes me happy.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/13/17 4:53 p.m.

Last day. Starts by lining up for the group picture of the cars that made it to the end.
Then on to the skid pad. Bit of a misunderstanding on the fundamental nature of what a skid pad is doing led co-driver to do it conservatively, which doesn't really work on a skid pad. At least we best the Griswalds.
Then inside the Tire Rack for food which was spectacular. I ate all the vegetables. Awards which always seem to got to other people and then back on the road. I still have lots to discuss, lots of thoughts, but last night at my brother in law's house the four cats decided to spend the WHOLE NIGHT messing with me. They were entertained. I am tired. Time for a nap.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/14/17 6:57 a.m.

Quick note to all the One Lappers who live within 10 hours of South Bend and got to sleep in their own bed last night, I hate you so much.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/14/17 7:18 a.m.

I'm not going to lie, it was really nice.

The OneLap clock wasn't quite off though, and I almost got up at 6:30am. Almost

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/14/17 7:22 a.m.

Ya, well, we pulled off at midnight and I zombie wandered into a hotel and got a room. Apparently I should have specified two beds. Neither one of us had the energy to walk back to the lobby to try and get a different room. Berk it, which side do you want. Still woke up five minutes before the alarm went off at 6:00. Grrrrrrrrr.......

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/14/17 12:59 p.m.

I'm home. Co-driver is on his way back to Austin. Before he left he had to load up a set of four takeoff 275/35-18's.
One Lap 2018 is 51 weeks away.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/14/17 1:09 p.m.

I thought those were for the as-yet unannounced maybe a project thing you were going to go check out tomorrow?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/14/17 4:48 p.m.

The potential car would require way more rubber than that.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
6/22/17 10:29 p.m.

I never did sit down and do a proper write-up, but luckily my co-driver did.
Looking forward to next year!

Brian does One Lap

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
6/23/17 6:48 a.m.

Did you guys get those flares and 315's on the car yet???

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
6/23/17 8:23 a.m.

We think we can get 275's on without cutting. On the front anyway. Co-driver is working on suspension right now, and winning local Rallies in his RSX Rally car and getting ready to start racing supermoto​. I'm sure we'll be sorting the car a week before the event next year, as is tradition.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
6/23/17 10:42 a.m.

275's without cutting??

that is far more tire than I would've expected. I am excited to see that!

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A2zZ8TzUJb9aYOVUUo89nhzqIPFTeVtc28mOK92aHwU5BpPeMeEdNJGjWpzHpVr6