Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/17/23 12:43 p.m.
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/17/23 12:58 p.m.

I love that idea.

Pricing starts at about $43,000–a little bit less than the Morgan Super 3's "On the Road Price" of roughly $56,500.

Color me interested.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/23 12:58 p.m.

Very cool. Is it FWD?

ConiglioRampante
ConiglioRampante New Reader
7/17/23 1:01 p.m.

Love it.  Thanks for posting!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
7/17/23 1:15 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Very cool. Is it FWD?

Sure looks like it, unless that's just the steering for some reason.  it's the spiritual successor to the Berkeley!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
7/17/23 1:17 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

FWD, Moto Guzzi 850, reconditioned/modified/bespoke ratio Citoen 2CV and inboard disc brakes.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
7/17/23 1:42 p.m.

This is very cool but as cheap as I am I'd rather have other toys.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/17/23 2:06 p.m.
mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/17/23 2:15 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

I watched the same thing. I'm more interested in the 3 wheeler, but after looking at their website I don't even see anything about USA sales. In the interview they said they only make 10 cars per year, so you might be in for quite a wait.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
7/17/23 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

It is amazing light; my Formula 500 weighs 640lbs and this is only about 150lbs more.

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
7/17/23 2:29 p.m.

FWD kills it. Ruins the driving dynamics of a car that small. It might be faster, lighter, or easier to live with, but you don't buyt this type of car for those aspects. 

Morgan Super 3 is RWD. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
7/17/23 2:46 p.m.

Looks like it would be a riot on twisty back roads.Now, just figure out how to build something similar for Challenge money.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/17/23 3:32 p.m.

Is that using the CV as load-bearing portion of the front suspension? 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
7/17/23 4:18 p.m.
pheller said:

FWD kills it. Ruins the driving dynamics of a car that small. It might be faster, lighter, or easier to live with, but you don't buyt this type of car for those aspects. 

I'm a RWD car guy but I would disagree; in a car that light you could chuck it about like a madman. FWD doesn't spoil the fun in a Mini.

Oapfu
Oapfu GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/17/23 5:01 p.m.
z31maniac said:

Is that using the CV as load-bearing portion of the front suspension?

Front suspension is single "leading arm" (i.e. a trailing arm except pointing forward), same style as Citroen 2cv suspension but uses all different components.  The bellows in the middle of the half shaft has to be a slip joint.  The guy from Pembleton says "swing arms"

https://youtu.be/ZouEkDHLJyQ?t=533

Frenchy_Jones
Frenchy_Jones SuperDork
7/17/23 7:59 p.m.

That sure looks like the perfect daily driver, for every household in America. Tires are cheap, great on gas (shame it's not electric). Room for 2, because most people don't need more (after all the average number of people in a car, on Thursdays between 10 and 2 is 1.75 from what I read) and short enough with no roof to fit under a cover, because no one "needs" to drive in the rain, that's a "want". I won't buy one, but it's perfect for you guys. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
7/17/23 9:04 p.m.

How the heck is it that light. My 550 Spyder which is just a bunch of tubes, fiberglass and a VW engine weights about 450 kg and a bit more with fluids. That is light. 

spandak
spandak Dork
7/17/23 11:21 p.m.

Moto Guzzi noises.... mmm

I've dreamed about a MG big block on the front of a Morgan. 

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/18/23 12:57 a.m.

I saved this similar one from a kitcar site a number of years ago. It is the same basic idea, but I believe the builder could choose between a BMW or Moto Guzzi engine attached to 2CV transaxle and 3 or 4 wheels depending on kit chosen.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
7/18/23 7:34 a.m.
Tom1200 said:
pheller said:

I'm a RWD car guy but I would disagree; in a car that light you could chuck it about like a madman. FWD doesn't spoil the fun in a Mini.

As a RWD guy myself, I agree. FWD doesn't kill the fun here, it's just a different type of fun.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sQRE82aZChS9EpvVY3ZucfelaOar0ZtsYDPkyuL0pZu0FPDkuZ2Ja7UH9yUNqDHD