1 2
z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
3/11/14 8:34 a.m.

It's looking 99.9% like she is going to take the job.

Waiting to get exact details on expectations/compensation before she says yes.

Aspen
Aspen Reader
3/12/14 4:23 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: That would have been my suggestion too...the CT200H. Yes, it's a Prius caked with lipstick, but I like it. Has a lot of the luxury touches and will get good mileage. I know they were offering some nice leases, but not sure about mileage limitations.

Just bought a CT200h on Saturday. It is NOT a prius with lipstick. It is a different platform altogether but shares the powertrain. Everything else is different and better. The handling is comparable to our R52 MINI S but much smoother. The interior is a very nice place. Acceleration is lacking above 50mph, but it is responsive enough at city speeds. The hatch is one reason why we bought it. If the wife is a hatch snob, then the ES300h would be worth at look but it is more $$.

frenchy
frenchy Reader
3/12/14 9:27 p.m.

I would pick up a newer Buick Lacrosse. A friend of mine has one and it is really nice. The interior is really nice and it is a great highway car. They seem to depreciate pretty badly so you should be able to pick up a 2012 with around 30k on the clock for 20 grand.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/12/14 9:45 p.m.

I'm going to throw this out because it's really popular in the traveling sales community. TSX. Nice but not show boaty. Pretty comfortable. Good gas milage. Pretty dependable.

One of the biggest things too is will their be customers in the car too? Will they be put off by a too showy car?

In the industry I worked in, I sold to a lot of work a day folks that would have been put off if I showed up in an Audi or BMW.

It's a fine line. You have to dress the part too and the car can be a part of it especially in that acquisition phase of the job.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
3/12/14 9:50 p.m.

Dyslexia "If you fly it, float it, or berkeley it,lease it". Cadillac.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/12/14 9:56 p.m.
bmw88rider wrote: I'm going to throw this out because it's really popular in the traveling sales community. TSX. Nice but not show boaty. Pretty comfortable. Good gas milage. Pretty dependable. One of the biggest things too is will their be customers in the car too? Will they be put off by a too showy car? In the industry I worked in, I sold to a lot of work a day folks that would have been put off if I showed up in an Audi or BMW. It's a fine line. You have to dress the part too and the car can be a part of it especially in that acquisition phase of the job.

Yeah, agreed. I think of salespeople driving the luxury sedan out of a full line brand, or from a second tier brand. So, Toyota Avalon, Lincoln anything, Chrysler 300C, Buick whatever. No Porsches, Mercedes, Jaguars or BMWs. Audi and Cadillac are up for debate.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9UfUsUnfmG2sMCH9vnGEQsbVYvnAKL6PE8PpG041XvajQeopBADker2YtJ5DV3lR