Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
12/19/08 9:12 a.m.

So this next semester of grad school is killing me. Not only do I have 15 credit hrs, I also have class on Saturday. (Thank you budget cuts!!!) /rant. My cousin (see Religious Experience) may have a parking pass in the PCA area which means he has solid parking. I really want to go to the race but classes don't get done until 4 PM and I am about an hour away from Daytona. So I will not get there till about 6 PM, perfect time to start seeing some glowing brakes!!

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get inside the race? I don't need to worry about parking inside, just getting inside. Also I will need to figure out a way to meet up with the GRM group. Will there be a GRM tent?

Thanks all for the help.

-Will

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/19/08 9:14 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/daytona-experience/

Short answer: Get parking, a hospitality tent with iRacing, slot cars, live race feed on TV, pit tours, dinner and fun with fellow GRMers for $99 at the GRM Experience.

Margie

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
12/19/08 9:27 a.m.

Thanks Marjorie! That looks like a great option!!! Hmm, maybe, Merry Christmas to myself?

Even if I am late to the party, that might be the best option?

Scott Lear
Scott Lear Club Editor
12/19/08 9:32 a.m.

The parking alone is worth the $99--I've had a car full of people offer more than that in cash just driving by to grab a spot. We were full, had to turn 'em away. The rest is delicious gravy.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
12/19/08 9:32 a.m.

The party part is best in the evening, and runs to the wee-est of wee hours. Midnight paddock tours are awesome!

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
12/19/08 10:31 a.m.

Alright, I am in. Going to send the wifey the link.

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
12/19/08 11:14 a.m.

Another quick question. What is the latest I can buy a ticket?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
12/19/08 11:17 a.m.

There's no time limit, but there are a limited number of tickets. We've sold out every year, so wait at your peril.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
12/19/08 11:18 a.m.

In reply to Rangeball:

Last year we sold out. I'd get a ticket as soon as possible. I know we have some left, but I wouldn't wait long.

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
12/19/08 11:45 a.m.

My concern is buying a ticket, getting my test schedule, and finding out I have two tests the following Monday. Ah, well, Berkely it! I will order tickets today.

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
12/19/08 5:24 p.m.

Ticket has been ordered. Will see you all there!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
akcLvLPuk4lE5QqEwt0UEy7qUWW4WtYbbW82C7sDg0O9ZNaveI7mmiQvpIyh45PB