1 2 3
crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/21/23 10:18 a.m.

Congrats to both! Keep up the good work that makes this section of the community so fun.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
12/21/23 10:28 a.m.

I wasn't there for the entire trip, but these last 20 years have been great.  Congratulations Tim !

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
12/21/23 10:45 a.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

And sometimes Tym.

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
12/21/23 10:50 a.m.

A very successful friend once said that he admired me because I was building something (the apartment complex that I had bought and was restoring).  That felt like the greatest compliment I ever received.  To that end, Tim, I admire you because you have built a wonderful business, a wonderful family and a small army of friends.  You can be proud.

KSB
KSB New Reader
12/21/23 10:54 a.m.

Enjoy! You earned it! I retired almost 3 years ago when I turned 62 and have remained just as busy as I was before. When you are playing around with old cars you never run out of projects! I didn't start reading GRM at the beginning, but close. You were writing a series about restoring a TR6. I subscribed then and bought the back issues so I would have all of the articles about that ( no internet then). Take care.

Vintage_Car_Lover
Vintage_Car_Lover New Reader
12/21/23 11:45 a.m.

Congrats Tom. You definitely earned this. Your hard work and determination always amazes me. 

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/21/23 12:40 p.m.

You built an amazing the frame work for the amazing GRM community that we have now. None of this could have happened without all your dedication.  I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
12/21/23 1:24 p.m.

It's not just the magazine. 

You and your people have also managed to create the best, most supportive, friendly forum on the internet. 

DavyZ
DavyZ New Reader
12/21/23 1:42 p.m.

You will be missed!  I have always enjoyed reading your articles and your depth of knowledge.  This is a smart move on your part and allows your talented son to shine.  How cool is it to have the family in the business (hobby?) you are so passionate about wink

Kevin_at_BW
Kevin_at_BW GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/21/23 2:11 p.m.

Man, and this whole time I thought JG was your son.  

This makes a little more sense, I guess.

kaybat
kaybat New Reader
12/21/23 3:29 p.m.

Will catch you over on CM Tim,Congrats to you both.

spitfire4gp
spitfire4gp New Reader
12/21/23 3:41 p.m.

Well, Tim, 40 is a pretty good number. Congratulations to you and best to Tom as he carries on (I hesitate to say "takes over" as I get the feeling that's still a little ways off). 
PS: I'm hardly a "new reader" LOL. --Rocky

Msterbee
Msterbee Reader
12/21/23 3:53 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Side note/fun piece of GRM trivia: For nearly 20 years now, both Tim and I have occasionally gotten emails saying "You idiot, you spelled your name wrong in your last article!" 

We definitely misspell stuff sometimes, but usually not our names. 

At least your names are not Marc with a "c".  frown

glenzo654
glenzo654 New Reader
12/21/23 4:18 p.m.

Congrats to both of you. It looks like the college major that i questioned you about years ago is going to work out ! Time to enjoy life Tim and Margie you guys have earned it!

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/21/23 4:32 p.m.
Kevin_at_BW said:

I'm more of a nephew no one likes to talk about

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
12/21/23 4:46 p.m.

All I know is Tom better get to making some babies right quick...............60 happens before you know it.

Congrats to you both.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UberDork
12/21/23 5:07 p.m.

Monty Python reference - "Some call me.... Tim?"

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
12/21/23 5:43 p.m.

Congrat to the whole family. I remember the day when my name changed to Calvin's Dad.  Sobering, satisfying and terrifying all in 2 words. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/21/23 6:56 p.m.
Kevin_at_BW said:

JG is family. We're just not related. He and David, and even our newer staffers (you know, less than 25 years at the magazines), not to mention longtime subscribers, are a very big reason why we have worked so hard on succession planning.

Margie

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/21/23 7:32 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
Kevin_at_BW said:

JG is family. We're just not related. He and David, and even our newer staffers (you know, less than 25 years at the magazines), not to mention longtime subscribers, are a very big reason why we have worked so hard on succession planning.

Margie

Yeah, I mean, she's not wrong. I've been doing this for going on 34 years. My mom was Tom and Katie's nanny. That kind of pushes things a bit beyond the level of "job," but honestly I can't really imagine doing anything else. Now being professionally involved with a whole other generation of kind and decent people is immensely satisfying because it means we've all built something worth turning into a legacy. 

erdocmitch
erdocmitch New Reader
12/21/23 7:45 p.m.

GRM, Suddards, Staff are a class act.  Great to see the progression!  

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/21/23 7:58 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

Oh yeah. I also remember David driving me and baby Tom to the pediatric ER because Tom had yet another ear infection, Tim was traveling and I, like the cobbler's child, was home without a running vehicle. You guys have showed up so far past "job" it's ridiculous. I will work until 90 to try to pay that back, but doubt it's possible.

Margie

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/21/23 8:11 p.m.

Congratulations, Tim!  And all the best in your "retirement". 

And good luck, Tom!  It will be interesting and fun to see how this evolves into your magazine. 

It's kind of hard to fathom how long it's been since we first met you all. Time really flies. 

94Brick
94Brick GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/21/23 10:13 p.m.

I still have my GRM copies from 1993 on.  You can't quit.  Or is it we are in are 60's and I don't realize it....   Thank you for every insight on both cars and thought process.

P.S.  Contrats on your son understanding new tech to old points dwell.  My sons not interested...

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/22/23 8:31 a.m.

This is the dream. Creating a meaningful and fun business/life that you can pass on to your kids.  At least it was and still is to some extent, my dads dream  he never realized that dream.  You did.  Congrats to you and the family  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hckr8sjNfE03OUdXp8lt4s52b1EXBCh0r0Q2iDWweNdF4EEZJ80SQRBRLpcpmZpY