conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
6/19/23 2:35 p.m.

Can anyone recommend a source for pre-made wiring harness jumper wires?  

I put a set of GMT 800 front seats in my 2009 Yukon because I find the 2007-14 GMT 900 seats uncomfortable.  The seats bolt right up.  Both pairs of seats are fully powered.  

To reposition the 800 seats I temporarily power them by using cannibalized multimeter wires to jump the male side of the seat harness to the female side.  I'd like to leave them permanently powered using a m/f jumper wire.   Audrino jumper wires are plentiful but too small.  Can anyone recommend a source for appropriately-sized connectors?  Worst case scenario, I can probably build a set but looking for something prebuilt if available.  

I'm only trying to power the tracks, no need for heaters, lumbar, etc.  

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/23 2:40 p.m.

In reply to conesare2seconds :

I usually get them from Amazon. Do a search for jumper wires unless you are looking for something for the wife. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/23 2:42 p.m.

I also have one of these from amazon that is super helpful. 30' long and on a reel so you only pull off as much as you need to test things. Nice to have on a boat, RV, or bus. 

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
6/19/23 4:38 p.m.

How about the wiring harness from a 2009?

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
6/20/23 6:51 p.m.

Both of those are helpful but I would need one end to be a pin. An alligator clip is ok for the other.  I do appreciate the suggestion, Toyman. 

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
7/8/23 1:14 p.m.
conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
7/23/23 2:09 p.m.

This service kit worked great.  I've got both seats jumpered with power. Now have full range of motion including lumbar.  

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
7/23/23 2:49 p.m.

T-pins are really useful for probing sockets and the backside of connectors.  Wouldn't want to put a lot of power through them, but for basic continuity checking they can be extremely useful.  From these use aligator clips to get power to your test wire. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IHRa7CrrHjqql6QrwszfT6ntxNIyVJGSmICEu8MrXb8ie3oEcSPC5aITNBvwgeoW