1 2 3 ... 14
feature_image

Motorsport Marketing, Inc., publisher of Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports, has provided our readers with a break from the outside world and a retreat from their daily grind for more than 35 years. We’ve hosted writers, advertisers, subjects and readers from all walks of life, using a shared love of cars as the glue to hold our community together.

Through …

Read the rest of the story

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/20 1:57 p.m.

Thank you.

chrisv
chrisv New Reader
6/1/20 2:10 p.m.

Thank you.

Awesome. Thank you!

Matt B (Forum Supporter)
Matt B (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/1/20 2:18 p.m.

Well said and another thanks.  There's a lot of good things to say about this community, but it's not quite time to pat ourselves on the back quite yet.  Let's just say I'm grateful for your message and a place to discuss on how to move to a better place than we are now.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/1/20 2:21 p.m.

Thank you.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
6/1/20 2:21 p.m.

Thank you and thanks for donating.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/1/20 2:23 p.m.

I really wish you guys would've looked into the SPLC before donating money to them.  They were once on the side of the common man like the ACLU, but anymore I doubt.  The one thing I respected in this country was the separation of business and politics.  Heck I served 10 years to protect that and our freedoms.  I think your hearts are very likely in the right place, but your donation might not be as charitable as you think.

parker
parker Reader
6/1/20 2:29 p.m.

Awesome.  Good job.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/1/20 2:31 p.m.

It's true–no charity is perfect. At the end of the day it's your money and your choice, and the ACLU is a fantastic pick for your donation. Our math was simple: Would the world be a better place if we spent our monthly marketing budget with Facebook, or with the SPLC? They'll definitely do more with it for the world than Facebook would. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/1/20 2:33 p.m.

I am happy you made this statement. I differ a bit than most, I know, but I tell my kids to be as colorblind as they can. Everyone has been through a lot. Judging what that is by the color of their skin is always wrong, and we are to love everyone. I know colorblindness is frowned upon by many in the mainstream but I maintain it's the best way to move past racism forever.

I'll echo the SPLC being a lousy choice, but it's your money. I can't in good consience feed it via patreon anymore, but I'm not leaving the forum or the magazine just yet.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
6/1/20 2:35 p.m.

I looked at their website. They list more hate groups in California than they do in Texas. 88 vs 63. 

Alaska only has two hate groups, but one of those groups follows the Pagan Viking religion and all want to go to Valhalla when they die. Not sure what to think about that. It might be the weather. 

Maybe it's time to grab my huskies and follow them North. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/1/20 2:43 p.m.

Thank you.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/1/20 2:44 p.m.

Tom, my point was the ACLU and SPLC are both bad.  Neither is what they once were.  You can easily find and search articles on the issues with both.  Even the New Yorker, which was 100% aligned with the SPLC wrote a very bad piece about them recently.  I'm just going to flat out go on record and say it.  If you can donate money to them, you no longer need any of mine.  Each of us would be better served by giving money directly to persons that need it.  The SPLC's use of your money would be no better than Facebooks or any other social media company.  So long GRM. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/20 2:56 p.m.

I appreciate your statement and bid anthony a bon voyage

John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/20 2:56 p.m.

Thank you for being here with us.

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
6/1/20 3:04 p.m.

Thank you.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/1/20 3:10 p.m.

You continue to be the kind of people that I'm proud to call my friends. Thank you GRM. 

(Jesse) Ransom
(Jesse) Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/1/20 3:11 p.m.

Thank you, GRM folks.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/1/20 3:13 p.m.

Thanks! heart

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/1/20 3:14 p.m.

Yes, thank you guys.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/1/20 3:14 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Sad to see you go. Think of me if you decide to let that yellow boxster go. If I could swing it at the time I'll gladly buy it. angel

R_Holland
R_Holland New Reader
6/1/20 3:16 p.m.

Thanks Tom. Continue to lead the way.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
6/1/20 3:17 p.m.

Thank you.

boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb Reader
6/1/20 3:19 p.m.

Well said, and Thank You!

Very few dissenters, that speaks well of the community.

Rog

1 2 3 ... 14

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
CAh7MI0LaJGRYjYeRcukngPo98Tt7nx69Zy4m9Ipdmdzo8JFg0cQ5pt1DRAQ1IA9