Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/27/24 2:35 p.m.
feature_image

Where do police cars go after a hard life of law enforcement? Often in low-buck racing series like the 24 Hours of Lemons.

[Why not a time trial series for old cop cars? | Spec P71]

Would the next-generation Charger–either all-electric or gas-powered–suffer the same fate?

Possibly. Dodge teased a Charger police car concept on Instagram.

…

Read the rest of the story

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/27/24 3:45 p.m.

Ford nor Chevy still produce cars for the police. Dodge might be the only viable answer for competing with an ex-police car 10 to 20 years from now.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
8/28/24 6:48 a.m.

I'm addicted to police chase videos on YouTube. Arkansas does them best. Occasionally, the camera car will be a Tahoe or Durango that struggles to hit 130. Eventually, a Charger will swoop in and handily dispatch the perp. It's almost laughable how fast they are compared to any other police vehicle. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
8/28/24 7:28 a.m.

The school behind me just received a donation of 3 P71s, silver and black and in really nice shape and one Black Charger also in really nice shape.  I may need to become a volunteer in the automotive department.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/28/24 9:22 a.m.

I actually saw an unmarked P71 with red/blue stealth lights pull someone over on the freeway yesterday.

I didn't think Delaware still had any Crown Vics in the fleet.  Been a long time since I saw one in action.  Either I was wrong about that or somebody just got shaken down.

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/28/24 11:41 a.m.
ddavidv said:

I'm addicted to police chase videos on YouTube. Arkansas does them best. Occasionally, the camera car will be a Tahoe or Durango that struggles to hit 130. Eventually, a Charger will swoop in and handily dispatch the perp. It's almost laughable how fast they are compared to any other police vehicle. 

I've had a few car chases in my residential neighborhood. It's all fun and games until the perp's car winds up flipped on a neighbor's front lawn wink. Oddly enough, the number of unmarked police cars following the perp's cars is astonishing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M1pCmupwqF17ojIOxyqu54xh0NIrKdPDc5z8EryXpinAfZ4GWbew4M1aSaj0tqBO