1 2 3 4 5 6
preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/4/23 4:21 p.m.

I have not been bringing my camera enabled phone to work since I can't have it in work and don't want it to freeze while there, so no pic.

All last week there was a full size Quiggly-type 4x4 van on the side of the road for sale. It was hard not to stop.

Solid front axle vans are cool.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/5/23 11:44 a.m.

GT4 Porsche Cayman?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/23 3:21 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

This has your name written all over it!

Link to thread

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/5/23 4:36 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

in for hybrid shenanigans

I'll post up some pics and stuff in my consolidated too many builds thread later. It's here. It has about 210k miles and looks mechanically good so far. The 12V battery was crushed. With the aid of a chain and fence post I got the old battery out and put a new one in, then drove it around the block.

1/10/23 4:38 p.m.

A guy is offering to trade an '85 Volvo wagon for a rusty Porsche 914 I'm selling. Pretty sure I don't want the wagon. I searched to see if it was listed and no, but this came up in the search results. Just listed, get it fast.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/23 6:01 p.m.

I like 85 Volvo wagons ...

1/10/23 6:37 p.m.
Stampie said:

I like 85 Volvo wagons ...

A couple (10?) years ago after a few Volvo 850s I was looking for a deal on a 240. Now I'm trying to focus on not bringing anything new home until I get a few things completed. I really almost went for one of those BMW 2002s though.

1/11/23 9:29 a.m.

How much will I suffer if I get an '85 Volvo 240 *DIESEL*. That's a VW diesel engine, not the turbo from the 740s.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/23 9:31 a.m.

The trans for the 240 diesel bolts to Audi engines. 5 cylinder turbo or v8 swap. 

Stampie
1/11/23 1:10 p.m.

Wow been a long time since I've seen one of those. Aren't diesels exempt from the engine swap rules in California?

1/11/23 1:53 p.m.

https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=14680

I have a 4.2L Audi ABZ engine in the garage. ...and a lot of bad decisions in the driveway.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
1/11/23 2:55 p.m.
Stampie said:

Wow been a long time since I've seen one of those. Aren't diesels exempt from the engine swap rules in California?

Is it that they are exempt from the swap rules, or exempt from emissions testing?

Stampie
1/11/23 8:18 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Maybe exempt from emissions testing means they don't know you swapped it?

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
1/12/23 1:03 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Bingo.  Not supposed to; never find out 

2/8/23 4:22 p.m.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/8/23 4:27 p.m.

I'm shocked that has made it 14 weeks. There is an ass for every seat and I would have thought someone would have big dreams and $450 by now...

2/11/23 9:33 a.m.

I love the TV in the dash - do you think it's color? But there's no way I am getting 34 feet of project car.  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/590043845910594/

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/11/23 9:39 a.m.

That TV is the rear camera screen.  See the big phallic at the rear roof-top?

3/27/23 10:55 p.m.

This guy has some junk cars, but they are actually reasonably priced junk cars for Marketplace.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/23 10:44 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The beauty of the DS is how Citroen built what they thought was correct. Feedback? No, we want serenity and isolation. Feedback is noise and vibration. I would love to add a proper DS to the fleet. An electric drivetrain would be interesting, as I suspect it has the attributes Citroen wanted.

It would be the perfect car for a tesla conversion. You could probably just fabricate the a-arms and driveshafts to compensate for the wide front and narrow rear tracks.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
3/29/23 1:37 a.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

I have not been bringing my camera enabled phone to work since I can't have it in work and don't want it to freeze while there, so no pic.

All last week there was a full size Quiggly-type 4x4 van on the side of the road for sale. It was hard not to stop.

Solid front axle vans are cool.

Any chance it was a Chevy? A solid front axle makes me think Ford but let me know if it's a Chevy it's still available!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/29/23 1:26 p.m.
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

Dang!

And see also:

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/23 2:05 p.m.
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

How much will I suffer if I get an '85 Volvo 240 *DIESEL*. That's a VW diesel engine, not the turbo from the 740s.

They had a knack, apparently, for running fine one day and then not starting the next morning because of poor compression.

4/6/23 11:43 a.m.

PIRATE SHIP!!!

4/16/23 9:59 a.m.

I don't want a motorhome (again), but I have a friend that does. I've explained to him that a cheap 30 year old motorhome  will be quite expensive if you want it to actually move anywhere, but he still wants me to watch for a deal. Too bad this ad popped up in my feed 24 weeks after it was posted.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Gmg2sseMp2kwYB24yE4P2BYu5I9grrmkIyhfZ4ggLRLVzyVUx7HZULgTqTaxGqh