1 2
kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/14 10:31 a.m.

The FF Roadster kit was designed around a torque-monster motor, which is to say that it's over-engineered for a high-revving four. There's a lot of weight and wind resistance there that isn't functionally needed. If you did it, I'd give you a hearty double-thumbs up, but at the outset, I'd say that there's a bit of a mismatch there.

I think that there's an unmet demand for alternative Locost bodies on this side of the pond. In the UK you could buy one of a number of cool skins to throw on a Locost chasis and have something better matched to the S2K motor. This guy made a body that I've salivated over for years, but it never went into production. IMO it does a nice job of blending lightweight roadster and hot-rod aesthetics.

Leafy
Leafy Reader
6/19/14 10:38 a.m.

Sounds like the kobra frame would just need to be attacked with a uni bit. Or the K24 would need a tarbo. How many 5.0 crate motors put out 400ftlbs of torque like a proper turbo k would?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/14 11:44 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote:
turboswede wrote: I say this because I want to build one with a Chrysler 2.5 Turbo with a Shelby valve cover on it.
Do it. That would be hilarious.

Yeah. Been thinking of doing that for years. However, I just sold my 2.5 turbo with forged internals along with a lot of my Shelby stuff. Still have the 2.5 Dakota RWD bell housing and a fresh 2.2 T2 bottom end. Need to find a job and sell off a couple of German cars to have the cash to pull this off :/

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/19/14 1:37 p.m.

Funny that this thread pops up now! About two weeks ago I was musing about what a FFR Daytona Coupe with a straight six or turbo straight six would be like. Great minds and all that...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
6/19/14 2:51 p.m.

to be honest, I'd rather have a turbo'd G13B in a 7 chassis.... I mean, if we're gonna go rev-happy, might was well do it old school. Give me a 9500rpm 1298cc engine in a 1100lb chassis.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uBkN7G9Ko1UPuuM95wm34ZKZfHTwjE6YWiRfiurhQyuDZTPKr3OjJwKQ6KIbYOqT