1 ... 12 13 14
GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
8/12/23 10:54 a.m.

Awesome brainstrom Oapfu! 

Tom1200 said:

In reply to Oapfu :

The F500 drive train is all of 80lbs; it's two stroke twin making 100hp.

Removing the motor would take the car (without driver) down to 550lbs. Remove the fuel cell and fuel would take the car down to about 510lbs.

So in theory you could have a 1080lb car.

2 Strokes at this size are likely gonna be one of the last things EVs can replace just due to their sheer power to weight, unless solid-state takes off in some massive way. Another consideration is cooling; lots of the brushless motors have continual ratings and 10 second peak power ratings, and I think most modern engines like your rotax are rated to run at redline for hours.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
8/12/23 6:59 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

I love two strokes; a friend joked that air cooled strokes (I have vintage MX bikes) are perfect for me because they require no maintenance.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/13/23 8:43 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to z31maniac :

My response could be brief or long.  You'd likely complain about it either way.  

I'm sorry, what can I do to help further your martyr complex? 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
8/13/23 10:59 a.m.
Tom1200 said:

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

I love two strokes; a friend joked that air cooled strokes (I have vintage MX bikes) are perfect for me because they require no maintenance.

I have interest in them too; I saw a video of a dude who makes custom bikes and even his own engines, who builds 2-stroke air-cooled diesels out of welded steel.

To get back on topic, I might be shooting a local offer on some serious "eBike" parts- but at this power level it's more akin to an eMotorcycle with pedals. It's a 3000 watt motor (effectively 4-4.5 HP) with an accompanying 60+ volt battery and lots of other ancillary parts; the owner said they put it together and ran it 3 times and realized it was far too much for them. It'll likely be far too much for me too, but if they take 600 for it all thats one hell of a cheap mistake lol

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/13/23 12:00 p.m.
z31maniac said:

In reply to z31maniac :

That's an interesting opinion you have.  This forum seems to think that often.  Sadly, the forum rules forbid me from telling you what I really think about it.  My interpretation of this differs very much from yours though.  

I personally find it interesting that you resort to personal insults often and then hide behind the rules knowing I can't reply in kind.  Without censorship I'd tell you what I really think.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
8/13/23 12:06 p.m.
z31maniac said:

In reply to z31maniac :

The irony...

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/13/23 2:02 p.m.

Whelp, that was a good run. 

1 ... 12 13 14

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
6be1krtbDynX95wyDcjsscqw6GQkICrGuZZwJO57MIDcpCBMQZGDTyQ5xDPkUNPs