1 2 3 4
Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/23/13 5:59 a.m.

Signed. I'll post this on the Wagonation page on FB later today.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/13 7:18 a.m.

signed.... we NEED that car if we are to ween people off of the hugely inefficent SUVs that trundle down the roads like blind elephants. Just imagine how much safer the roads would be without SUVs

ls1fiero
ls1fiero Reader
2/24/13 6:40 p.m.

I have been transitioned from the Buick store to the Mazda store within my company. The first question I asked the Mazda Regional Rep was if the wagon was coming here. Sorry to report that the answer was a flat no. DOH!

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/24/13 6:52 p.m.

If I didn't get such a good deal on my 2012 tdi jetta then I would definitely be all over that wagon. It's probably 10k at least MORE than what I paid for my car though and that's alot of extra money to put in other things.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
2/24/13 8:52 p.m.

I know we are getting the diesel sedan here but has it been confirmed we will see it with three pedals?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/13 9:45 p.m.
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/13 3:56 a.m.
ls1fiero wrote: I have been transitioned from the Buick store to the Mazda store within my company. The first question I asked the Mazda Regional Rep was if the wagon was coming here. Sorry to report that the answer was a flat no. DOH!

damn... that is a real shame. VW has already proven there is a demand for small fuel efficent wagons.. how can we let the germans win?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/25/13 7:33 a.m.

I think Porsche should take notice. This is what the panamera could have been.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
2/25/13 8:33 a.m.

Signed that petition.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/25/13 8:43 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Up to 65 now. Hopefully, posting it on the Wagonation FB site garnered a few.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/25/13 8:44 a.m.

Me likey.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/25/13 9:44 a.m.

For the well-heeled wagon enthusiast.

mike53
mike53 New Reader
2/25/13 9:54 a.m.

How would one find out if this diesel would mate up to the Miata Trans bellhousing? This could be an interesting crossover to the diesel miata thread floating around on this forum. If this bolts up, this could be very interesting a year or two down the road depending on a rear end total from the insurance co. or the local pick & pull... Just thinkin' out loud... Mike

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/25/13 10:16 a.m.
ransom wrote: I like it a lot, and unless there proved to be something very wacky about it when driving (I'm guessing the rear angle visibility is pretty awful, but that's not the end of the world, or at least that doesn't distinguish it from most modern cars), it would save me from the TDI wagon.

We've had our '14 CX5 for about a month and it is a great car to drive. The interior is directly lifted for use in the 6, except for the center console knob thingy, which suits me fine.

I think you can expect a backup camera standard, as with the CX5.

I ordered ours before the specs were announced, but I wanted the bigger engine. Ended up having a city braking feature, with lasers and stuff. Supposed to keep you from hitting anything if you're going under 19mph. Like airbags, I hope I won't test it.

These new Mazdas are great looking and well built. For bonus points, the engine bay is very well-packaged- clean and roomy. There is room to get at anything with hand tools. No wires and hoses running everywhere like the Escapes that we looked at.

As far as fit and finish and serviceability...the Escape was pretty pitiful. Turbo is the only thing it had going for it. The back seat was especially cheap, and the dashboard already had some waves in it, which is a huge pet peeve for me.

Bottom line, I bought a brand new car (something I said I would never do,) and it was a Mazda. Looking forward to seeing the diesels.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/25/13 10:43 a.m.

Petition signed! I would have to think hard about buying one of these upon release (given my job situation changes). This car is exactly what I have been wanting.

Side note, why can't BMW sell the 3 series wagon with a stick and diesel. It is ridicoulous that you can get a diesel but are limited to the sedan (Last body style, haven't check the new one yet).

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/25/13 11:01 a.m.
ls1fiero wrote: I have been transitioned from the Buick store to the Mazda store within my company. The first question I asked the Mazda Regional Rep was if the wagon was coming here. Sorry to report that the answer was a flat no. DOH!

Can you ask them if when the diesel 6 comes out in manual will it also come with leather

Enyar
Enyar Reader
2/25/13 12:52 p.m.

Signed and posted on dieselzoomzoom.com, though it won't help much.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
2/25/13 1:38 p.m.

Signed.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
2/25/13 1:39 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: For the well-heeled wagon enthusiast.

I SO want that.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
2/25/13 1:40 p.m.

That's cool; is that an Aston Martin?

Talking about the Panamera Wagon (actually called the Sport Turismo), here it is:

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
2/25/13 1:50 p.m.

That's purdy.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/25/13 1:54 p.m.
jstein77 wrote:
That's cool; is that an Aston Martin? Talking about the Panamera Wagon (actually called the Sport Turismo), here it is:

Looks SO much better than the current Panamera.

Enyar
Enyar Reader
2/27/13 3:18 p.m.

Anyone else receive the offer for the $25 visa prepaid after test driving the new 6? I signed the petition so I am wondering if that is where they got my email.

Just trying to give the heads up.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/27/13 3:27 p.m.

In reply to Enyar:

Nope, haven't gotten anything.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
2/27/13 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Enyar:

I haven't yet either, and my mailbox is usually a catch-all for Mazda mail between my wife's 3 and mine.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pcjmw1djDJu1rzGhk19NJL2XtPkCq3aog4jptbAPeACC8vVDVA8lTuM4lxs68vQQ