1 ... 3 4 5
JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 New Reader
12/9/10 10:44 p.m.

Yeah, he's clearly a great driver, but on the show I've been really unimpressed.

GreenFlag
GreenFlag New Reader
12/12/10 9:13 p.m.

Top Gear sneak preview... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79MdsAq8ra8

Watch for some green guardrails.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
12/29/10 12:31 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
irish44j wrote:
Cone_Junky wrote: Ripoff, unoriginal, copy cat - blah blah blah. Top Gear is a FRANCHISE. Just like every Subway, MCDonald's, WalMart, Costco, etc look the same inside.
Actually, that's an interesting comparison. But if we're using McDonald's.....TG UK is the real thing. And TG US has the same logo, but the burger patties are made of tofu, the soda is watered down, and the fries are cold.
That sounds like exactly the sort of McDonald's[+] I'd expect in some of the more tofu-obsessed parts of California. McDonald's are not the same the world over. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/518661/mcdonalds_in_india_wheres_the_beef.html
McDonalds in India provides westerners with a little taste of home. Just don't expect the menu to be the same as it is in the U.S. Among other differences, you won't find beef on the menu. Diets in India are often impacted by the many different religions in India. Hindus don't eat beef, so there is no beef on the McDonalds' menu in India.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread....I just wanted to share the UK's newest McDonald's burgar, the Brussel Sprouts Whopper

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Reader
12/29/10 12:55 p.m.

McDonalds have different menus in different countries. Just like we have different hosts and different cars in TGUS. But the themes, the logos, the restaurants, and the name are the same worldwide. Because it's a franchise.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
12/29/10 5:49 p.m.

+1

corytate
corytate New Reader
12/29/10 8:39 p.m.

This show, thankfully, did get better.
I missed out on the first two episodes, and I don't have BBC, but most of the episodes are pretty good
Still don't understand Adam Ferrara as a car show host, but I guess it works lol maybe they'll bring in someone else who's actually a good driver to help out the dynamic, kind of like the dynamic in Battle of the Supercars..
Pretty good show, overall, one of the few things I faithfully watch on tv

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vg3KmHjJQvYecaMhJnwbLmq6LcMAMyf7lMHcVwLML1UpUEnA2b5Ew950LzFku9K8