1 ... 4 5 6 7
Ian F
Ian F UltraDork
3/30/12 8:45 p.m.
Steve Chryssos wrote: I am ending this here. Now. I dare you to top the Corvette 789. (Caution: May cause temporary blindness)

Oh please... there are at least a dozen cars here worse than that...

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
3/30/12 8:51 p.m.

I don't know about that.

Ian F
Ian F UltraDork
3/30/12 9:06 p.m.

I'm not saying I want one, but I've seen enough of them in person to not be offended by them.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/30/12 10:30 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Not 100% sure this belongs here. I gotta respect the overall design, and the get-it -done attitude.

I'm almost afraid to admit that I kind of love this. But, I'd leave it just the way it is and power it with a big, smokey diesel.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
3/30/12 11:19 p.m.
snap_understeer wrote: Or you could turn your original mini into one of these abominations... The Ogle SX1000

I don't see anything wrong with this. And I don't think it's trying to be anything other than itself.

You really think this qualifies as an "abomination?"

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
3/31/12 7:35 a.m.
Ian F wrote:
Steve Chryssos wrote: I am ending this here. Now. I dare you to top the Corvette 789. (Caution: May cause temporary blindness)
Oh please... there are at least a dozen cars here worse than that...

Yes, ugly, but definitely not the ugliest.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
3/31/12 8:11 a.m.
JamesMcD wrote:
snap_understeer wrote: Or you could turn your original mini into one of these abominations... The Ogle SX1000
I don't see anything wrong with this. And I don't think it's trying to be anything other than itself.

Huh? It's a knockoff of a Jag e-type!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
3/31/12 2:18 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
JamesMcD wrote:

Bring up a rear-view of an E-type and compare...Aside from the fact that they both have round-ish rear ends, EVERYTHING is different.

The Ogle's rear window is much larger relative the rest of the car.

The Ogle has a character line down the side.

The Jag has a coke-bottle body shape.

The Jag has horizontal rear bumpers.

The Ogle's rear tail lights are faired into the side of the body.

The Jags rear 1/4 window has a rounded trailing edge.

pstrbrc
pstrbrc New Reader
3/31/12 3:46 p.m.

Really? REALLY???? Designed by a fan of a Muppet movie????

pstrbrc
pstrbrc New Reader
3/31/12 3:49 p.m.

pstrbrc
pstrbrc New Reader
3/31/12 3:51 p.m.

And. I. Don't. Know. What. To. Say.

The Manta Ray is the quintessential blending of 50's and 60's Bertone and Michelotti concept and production designs, a concept car for the street.

"Quintessential" - Yeah. At least the 5th ugliest.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/31/12 6:50 p.m.
pstrbrc wrote: And. I. Don't. Know. What. To. Say.
The Manta Ray is the quintessential blending of 50's and 60's Bertone and Michelotti concept and production designs, a concept car for the street.
"Quintessential" - Yeah. At least the 5th ugliest.

Okay. Those people need to be killed. Like RIGHT NOW.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/31/12 8:43 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with this. And I don't think it's trying to be anything other than itself. You really think this qualifies as an "abomination?"

I quite like it

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/31/12 9:00 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
JamesMcD wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with this. And I don't think it's trying to be anything other than itself. You really think this qualifies as an "abomination?"
I quite like it

Ditto

slopecarver
slopecarver New Reader
3/31/12 9:15 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote:

Yellow car in background

snap_understeer
snap_understeer New Reader
4/10/12 11:20 a.m.
RexSeven wrote:
Otto Maddox wrote: 928
When I first glanced at this wannabe 928 I thought the sign on the door said "testes." Not that it would be far off, because this car looks like balls. What the hell is it based off of?

Oh my god, I think it's a Chevette

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/10/12 11:25 a.m.
dculberson wrote:
JamesMcD wrote:

Knockoff of an MGBGT maybe. No way do I see any E-Type. I like it.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
4/10/12 12:14 p.m.

Really? The split little chrome bumpers, the funky horizontal tail lights, etc. It's not exact just like the other cars in this thread aren't. It's a pint size homage to it. Let's see if this hot link works:

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
4/10/12 12:21 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Well, he likes it too.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
4/10/12 12:24 p.m.
pstrbrc wrote: Really? REALLY???? Designed by a fan of a Muppet movie????

Is it bad that I like that?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/10/12 12:30 p.m.

There is one of these abominations for sale just down the street from the GRM office. It nearly caused me to lose my lunch.

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
4/10/12 12:58 p.m.

Oh wait! It's real.

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
4/10/12 1:00 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: There is one of these abominations for sale just down the street from the GRM office. It nearly caused me to lose my lunch.

That has highschool reunion car written all over it.

RandyS
RandyS Reader
4/10/12 1:09 p.m.

I actually don't mind that front clip. I wouldn't buy it but it doesn't make me puke. Would need a completely different rear clip though.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/10/12 2:04 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
pstrbrc wrote: Really? REALLY???? Designed by a fan of a Muppet movie????
Is it bad that I like that?

That's a waste of a studebaker

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dvhyxQjQgr9keqQ0zqqiDu7qW2lqzI4MsHAsRGu2EZCs7YXCcqODsXNwz2iJDeyh