1 2 3 4
Cadman5
Cadman5 Reader
12/26/20 5:43 p.m.

Just got the final inspection in the house addition, so of course there are still things to do, like trim, carpet, paint, etc. but I've been putting off a fuel delivery issue in the 1993 Astro van, so the trim will have to wait and the Astro gets some attention. 
Probably won't get around to swapping the transmissions on the 2 1996 Camrys, but I need to do it soon so one of them can go away. 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
12/26/20 6:23 p.m.

Finish weeding the gardens & mulching. Already put down 70 bags of mulch in the front yard now have to do the back & sides.

Mow lawn. S FL so even though it's winter still have to cut regularly. Fertilize & weed killer.

Power wash driveway & patios then spray Wet & Forget. Wash exterior of house windows while I've got the power wash rig out.

Prepping and painting parts for '67 Camaro. Need to break out the big sandblaster I use outside for stuff that won't fit in the cabinet. Will do the rear end, driveshaft, and exhaust system as well as an old Haro BMX frame. And continue reassembling the car.

Organize all the parts for the Camaro and order things I'll need.

Fix band saw.

sir_mike
sir_mike New Reader
12/26/20 6:30 p.m.

Way to cold now...about 20 degrees in the daytime....to play with the cars.Have to fix one garage light though...stay safe everyone

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
12/26/20 8:49 p.m.

I've got a model biplane to put together, learn how to use the Keurig I got for Christmas and if there is a warm day in the mix, sand and paint the shower rod tropical blue.

sergio
sergio HalfDork
12/26/20 11:08 p.m.

Doing valve cover gaskets, valve adjustment, plugs, thermostat and coolant on the TL. Speed 3 needs the same, so it's next.  

JTT
JTT New Reader
12/27/20 6:48 a.m.

Doing a suspension swap on my DE Miata, but waiting on parts, so moved over to the other car, my 996.  Fixed a little squeak in the dash, and repaired the heater flaps, so they will stop shedding foam out the vents.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/27/20 6:49 a.m.

First oil change on the new Si, fix the whole house humidifier, and play some more with the new (to me) 3D printer are on tap for me this week.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/20 7:00 a.m.
sir_mike said:

Way to cold now...about 20 degrees in the daytime....to play with the cars.Have to fix one garage light though...stay safe everyone

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/what-portable-heat-do-you-use-to-heat-your-shop-or-garage/179555/page1/

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/27/20 8:00 a.m.

Working on outfitting the new race trailer. I've assembled 7 cabinets for the living quarters and am installing a sink. I have installed 2 tire racks in the garage area, made a battery mount for the winch, installed a workbench, will be moving and installing overhead cabinets. Then I'll be putting a back up camera in the F-350 to help in hitching up the gooseneck. On the race car I'll be installing a front and read rear camera system and finishing the install of the AEM wide band. I almost forgot, I've assembled the new Quick jack and will be testing it and setting up it's storage in the trailer.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/27/20 8:15 a.m.

Cleaned up the engine bay in the corvair.

I have also been working on re dying the seats in my pontoon boat.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/27/20 9:05 a.m.

We've lived in this house for over 7 years and I'm finally getting around to setting up the shop the way I want it.  We started at Thanksgiving and I hope to have the bulk of it done by New Years.  I'm going to do a build thread somewhere.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/27/20 10:11 a.m.

swapping the ACT clutch onto this engine, installing the coolant reroute and stuffing the whole thing back in the Miata.   It still doesn't have an ignition system and I'll spend the best part of the next year sorting out wiring.  But the goal this week is to make it LOOK like a car.

And my family bought me a table saw for Christmas so I have shelves to build out at my sisters farm.

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
12/27/20 10:17 a.m.

replacing the top on the NC2. Loads of fun. First time I've ever done this. About every hour my brain says "who the #### came up with this?"

my fingers hurt. My harbor fright rivet gun is now well used. But last night the wife helped me get it closed. Just have to put the interior back in today. 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
12/27/20 10:23 a.m.

Routine transmission rebuild 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/27/20 10:26 a.m.

If I can deal with the cold and wind, I'm hoping to clean the carb on the Spitfire and get it to start, so I can test the clutch out and maybe finally get it into winter storage.

Otherwise, I plan to continue work on my basement and getting car parts out of the house and into the shed.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
12/27/20 10:47 a.m.

I need to help my youngest son paint hi bedroom in NY rangers colors, and then put up a lundqvist Fathead. 

I need to set up the portable garage to have a sheltered place to work on cars and snowmobiles.

One that is up the priority will be to help my older son repair the damage of his first accident:

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
12/27/20 11:09 a.m.

I'm going jy spelunking for a manual brake master cylinder.

After that it's time to test the levels of tolerating family...

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
12/27/20 11:22 a.m.

Basement storage and organization.  With a heavy dose of E36M3 removal.

The first step to getting better is realizing you have a problem.

The second step is organization and setting a limit on how much space will be allowed to store E36M3.  Thankfully I had snagged and stored about half the needed wood for the next steps.

Have I mentioned I need to buy a truck.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/27/20 11:47 a.m.

Try to finish this

and go get this

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/27/20 1:40 p.m.

1975 Goldwing has been sitting for ~30 years, the luggage rack and rear grab bar are rusty, I understand they're rare.  The previous owner bought up every chrome bolt on that JCWhitney offered.  Valve covers are aluminum coated with chrome which it badly pitted, on the left side, just missing all chrome down below.  So.  Do I pecker up the parts with media blast, use a good sealer and paint silver, send it out for powder coat or just polish what I can and ignore the bad?

Down in the basement with a few beers, stereo and a coal stove, I roughed up some surfaces with 100 emery and steel wool but not done yet, my fingers ache.  Eastwood used to sell a great primer called Adhereto, bonds anything to anything; I couldn't find it on their website.

Four bars on the left are hit with chrome polish and 0000 steel wool.  Paint the rusty part and polish the chrome? 

Maybe I'm too anal for projects ........

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/20 1:46 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Hm.

When I was a teen, my mom used to restore old floor lamps.  One of them had a beautiful base that was badly corroded.  We went to a lamp shop where they would strip the stuff down and plate it.  I remember that they were able to do chrome as well as gold plating.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/27/20 4:12 p.m.

I need to order some stuff in order to detail the exterior, so today was interior cleanup: vacuum, all surfaces cleaned/treated, glass, jambs, etc. 

Reaching the inside of the rear window is a pain. Explains why it was filthy. 

Doesn't look a whole lot different in the photos, but now things that are supposed to be black are now black. (Also, Rigby is my copilot.)

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/27/20 4:30 p.m.

New front end control arms on the wife’s Mazda, had me a little helper :)

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/27/20 4:57 p.m.

Waterpump and thermostat on my S4 today. 

Huge props to FCP Euro for their how-to videos. They had one for this car and it was a huge help. Had the video on the garage TV. I watched a segment, did the job, repeat until finished. It wasn't too bad. It seemed like 20 15 minute tasks to get the whole job done. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/20 11:12 p.m.

Been needing to do this a long time - make a real stand for my bandsaw.

A few weeks ago I snagged this old bench from the curb. Cut a hole in the top, and set my bandsaw in place. Even made a cord and switch from old renovations (why do I keep junk like this? Don't encourage me) so that I don't have to use an irwin clamp on the trigger. Also I welded wheels to the bottom of the legs and added the lower shelf.

Anyway, not bad for a free bench, some scrap wood, and some other junk I already had laying around! Best part is I get my vice back.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BUgTfjdekXtjlzRMih6Rbe7aKlqeUa514EddR3XrkDvvkxvEPeAv5G25u0r4B4eW