Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/16/24 2:42 p.m.
feature_image

Some cars are modified into sleepers, while others are tweaked into an OEM+ style build. This E36 BMW wagon is neither of those things–quite the opposite, actually.

The big-ticket upgrades? The S54 engine from an E46 M3 plus a six-speed manual gearbox–and the massive fender flares, of course, courtesy of Pandem.

Seemingly everything that could be modified or customized was …

Read the rest of the story

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/24 2:52 p.m.

I would take the cadge out of it and street drive that thing.  I really like the fender flares and the "stance" that it has been set up with. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/16/24 2:58 p.m.

Yeah, the cage might be a bit much for the street, but the swap, the stance, the flares and the colors....

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/16/24 3:09 p.m.

That cage is nightmare fuel.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/16/24 3:11 p.m.

That cage needs to gtfo.  That thing could kill you in a low speed wreck.

We used to call those poser cages.

The rest of the car?  Chefs kiss.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/16/24 3:15 p.m.

lol.  Came to comment on the cage and every previous comment is also about the cage.  Anytime I see those curvy front bars, I have to question the overall legitimacy of any build.   The rest of it does look great, though.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/16/24 5:54 p.m.
Lof8 - Andy said:

lol.  Came to comment on the cage and every previous comment is also about the cage.  Anytime I see those curvy front bars, I have to question the overall legitimacy of any build.   The rest of it does look great, though.

Agreed.  A cage with bars that curve around the dash like that adds safety hazards for street driving (head impact, plus egress concerns), while also simultaneously defeating the whole purpose of having a bar there in the first place.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/24 5:57 p.m.

I love this place.

Nothing to add to the general chorus of "hawt-but-oof-that-cage..."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OKZ6TmvH3DrmH6lsSLhaLjZRM2iIgebNInao7tRs4CF7s9u79Rfu10WtxXkCFYmK