1 2 3
Caprigrip
Caprigrip Reader
7/9/24 12:40 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

Well, Triumph got some actual asphalt (and some dirt in this parking lot) under its tires, but right now working on the Elise takes priority.

This pic should be the new ad for Triumph. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/24 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Caprigrip :

Thank you.

BoxheadTim
7/20/24 5:51 p.m.

Finally got a chance to take the R100GS around some local roads. I only rode it around the dealership's parking lot, so this was the first time getting it out of second gear.

Overall it did well with suitably bovine handling. Looks like there are some minor issues I need to look into - I think the front brake is dragging a little, and it's squeaking when you ride at really low speeds. I'll probably also have to check the carb balance as that feels a little off. If it's not, then the CV carbs probably want some new diaphragms.

Oh, and I remembered why I didn't like the OEM seat on the previous one I owned, and why there was a hideous Corbin-like contraption included with the bike. While I probably have to wear a dark visor if I have that seat on the bike, it should be a lot more comfortable and a lot less squishy.

All in all, so far it doesn't feel like the worst vehicle purchase I've made recently.

BoxheadTim
7/21/24 8:47 p.m.

And after yesterday's successful low speed loop of my local roads, I decided today was a good day to take the GS for a longer ride. The short ride reminded me why I'm not that big a fan of the OEM seat, so I put the other seat that it came with onto the bike. Frankly, not sure if this seat is a big improvement comfort wise, but I suspect I might have to give it some time to break in for my specific posterior.

All in all, it was a good mix of 55mph roads with slower roads, some decent corners and wildlife that had the good sense to run away from me instead of into me. Somewhere along the way, I managed to snap a pic with an appropriate sign.

BoxheadTim
9/7/24 10:14 a.m.

I have some moving pictures of the R100GS, finally:

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RTub8F6gPpZaujOMLsKa2pX0kR3lxdhzIryy788hRe3Iaj1XexgCR3ER1eIgcZhZ