patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/7/15 8:37 a.m.

i've got a 2006 h2 rear axle sitting on the garage floor. the center section has off to one side 2 wires coming out to a plug. what are they for? i've heard of electric locking rear diffs in some h2's, is this for that? don't believe it's for ABS as the wheel speed sensors are out at the ends.

Pbw
Pbw New Reader
3/7/15 9:00 a.m.
patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/7/15 11:42 a.m.

cool deal, thanks.

looks like something i will wire up when it gets warm out, since i need my truck back soon. getting sick of driving the 07 Express van that is my backup work vehicle, that's about to roll 420,000 miles.

putting the h2 14 bolt rear in my 1500 avalanche as the pinion gear blew sky high in the 10 bolt. next will be keeping an eye out for a hub to hub 2500 front axle to match the beefier rear, but for now going 6 to 8 lug adapters up front to match the wider rear track and 8 lug pattern.

sitting in the garage now with the truck is the 14 bolt h2 rear, new wheels, new hankook dynapros, front wheel adapters, conversion u-joint because the new rear is a 1350 yoke, and a factory set of fender flares to cover the new track width... new pads for the rear are on the way as well as plugs/wires, a new foglight switch(mine quit popping out), and my tire machines should be here tuesday so i never have to pay a shop to mount/balance again.

had to plasma cut the spare tire holder out as the secondary latch would not unhook. silly design, give me a stainless cable that won't rust and break versus a stupid "secondary latch" that's impossible to get to with anything but infant sized arms. spare going in bed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fBcCZBZDKybHHBedRMYTOw8CiHGSH2XSEuMiZufB9Kj6Pon1Nr9PYifBStS44toK