1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/2/15 11:26 a.m.
fritzsch wrote: There used to be a Gumbys Pizza in town that had good meaty wings. I liked those a lot but are closed now.

POKEY STIX!

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
6/2/15 12:38 p.m.

I loved Bdubs when I first had them visiting Dallas. We found some in CA en route from our snowboarding runs were happy to stop by on the way home. When they finally came to town (within walking distance) they were good but the last couple years, not so much. The wings got smaller, the prices went up and the service sucked.

Wingstop wasn't very local either but we had them a few times and they were good too, except when they opened across the street recently, the wings were small and the flavors were not nearly as good as we remembered.

The good thing about Wingstop coming to town is, it appears Bdubs wings are getting bigger again and I prefer their sauces over Wingstop.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/15 4:55 p.m.

Wegmans, order them fresh, not from the wing bar.

Foster's Grill, Greene Turtle would be my top 3 for chains.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/2/15 7:57 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: My problem with Bdubs is that their sauces and dry rubs are halfway decent... but the wings themselves are berkeleying atrocious. Overcooked and half the size or smaller what a real chicken wing is. If you're going to give me toothpick wings, sell them to me by weight, not count. And then take them out about 45 seconds earlier, goddamnit.

That one place we ate wings was pretty.good, especially when I ate two berkeleying pounds of wings whilst pounding sum king oatmeal stouts. I liked that place. Could a used some heat, but the flavor was on point.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/2/15 8:45 p.m.

Ale Emporium. I take everyone there haha. I learned that they have other flavrs, some of them hotter.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
6/3/15 8:45 a.m.
MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
6/3/15 9:40 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: Relevant? KFC sues for libel over rumors they are using eight legged, six winged chickens

Those rumors appear to be the set-up to an old joke.

Farmer: To get more meat on my chickens, I've bred a new variety with eight legs and six wings.

Visitor: So, what do they taste like?

Farmer: I don't know. They run so fast I can't catch them.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
6/3/15 10:09 a.m.

That would be really cool! Not sure I'd want to eat them though...

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/3/15 10:25 a.m.

You guys really have me craving wings now...

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/3/15 10:29 a.m.

Dominos and Pizza Hut are far from the best but they do make some competitive wings to most chains

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/3/15 10:56 a.m.
captdownshift wrote: You guys really have me craving wings now...

This thread had me craving wings last night strongly enough to order them at the boring old fogies' restaurant where we have our car club meetings. They were... acceptable; not quite crispy enough and their "hot" was approximately equivalent to most places' "mild".

fritzsch
fritzsch Dork
6/3/15 10:56 a.m.

My new favorite is wednesday night - $0.25 wings and $2 Long islands at a campus bar. Wings are pretty decent but the sauces could use work.

The wings used to be $0.15

failboat
failboat UltraDork
6/3/15 11:38 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
failboat wrote: breaded wings
What the berkeleying berkeley is this sacrilege?

hey man i like fried chicken too. doesnt matter if its wing sized

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
6/3/15 2:01 p.m.

Quaker Steak is definitely good. I just tried Raising Cane's this past weekend for the first time, but not sure how big of a chain they are. (West Chester just opened, and I went to one in Columbus.)

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
6/3/15 8:30 p.m.
Duke wrote:
captdownshift wrote: You guys really have me craving wings now...
This thread had me craving wings last night strongly enough to order them at the boring old fogies' restaurant where we have our car club meetings. They were... acceptable; not quite crispy enough and their "hot" was approximately equivalent to most places' "mild".

Also in need of a wing fix thanks to this thread, problly will wait til Friday though.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/15 8:35 p.m.

Pretty sure chain, wing and best don't belong in the same sentence.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/3/15 9:23 p.m.

yeah BWW started here, they sucked then and they suck now. quaker steak is fine if you like food poisoning and diarrhea from undercooked wings.

most chain wings leave me sad.

Morbid
Morbid HalfDork
6/3/15 10:23 p.m.

Applebee's used to be my favorite, then the local locations took a steep dive and I haven't been back. Now it's Pizza Hut or nothing. Then again I only ever order garlic and parm or honey bbq and they have to be boneless, so there's a chance I actually know nothing on the subject

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/4/15 7:26 p.m.

My wife likes Hooter's wings. I have to look lovingly in her eyes the whole time we are there!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
6/4/15 10:17 p.m.

My favorites are Wal-Mart deli andstrip mall cChinese joints. All of them look the same and serve the same thing, so it might as well be considered a chain.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
6/5/15 5:48 a.m.

The Wing Zone down the street (assuming it's a chain) has good stuff as well, and super fast delivery.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hqnijkvk8Iia2I1WJ6PqCNYEoBVaOxaFoCQlkZBQm2iZPo1Kn6J4piDkjWFbMVWU