1 2
novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/26/14 9:57 a.m.

i'm sorry people take things too seriously.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/26/14 10:21 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: i'm sorry people take things too seriously.

Swing and a miss! An apology that blames others for your own actions is a strike. But I am still willing to let bygones be bygones. After all, I'm sorry that you felt so stubborn about this that you had to take a cheap shot again

See what I did there?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
1/26/14 10:37 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: VW/Audi running gear and a 24V electrical system? I bet the CEL is as powerful as a laser.

I laughed hard enough my wife asked me what I was reading. Well done.

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
1/26/14 10:41 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: VW/Audi running gear and a 24V electrical system? I bet the CEL is as powerful as a laser.

Yup a VAG product built under licence by a snowmobile manufacturer. What could possibly go wrong?

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
1/26/14 11:03 a.m.

In reply to Wayslow:

But, this snowmobile manufacturer builds planes and trains,too. Actually that's no longer true. Bombardier sold the recreational products division back to the family.

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
1/26/14 11:13 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk: I was trying to make a funny. They were still making snowmobiles when they built the Iltis. Remember that these were based on early 80s Audi and VW mechanicals. They had a massive 75hp on a good day. Still a cool ride and I'd rock one in a minute.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
1/26/14 11:35 a.m.

The funny came through.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
1/26/14 1:02 p.m.

Man there are some Canadians with your long johns in a bunch aren't there?

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
1/26/14 2:25 p.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:
Now you're stereotyping us. I'm not wearing my long johns, it's cold enough to skip them and go straight to fleece lined jeans.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/14 4:42 p.m.
Wayslow wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
Yup a VAG product built under licence by a snowmobile manufacturer. What could possibly go wrong?

Ever consider that they might build it better than VAG could?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/26/14 4:52 p.m.

that thing is a TDI/VR6 swap away from being a riot

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/14 5:11 p.m.

Every snowmobile I've ever riden has been built better than a Volkswagon.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/26/14 7:05 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: Man there are some Canadians with your long johns in a bunch aren't there?

they are a touchy people... the maple syrup harvest outlook must be bad.. or maybe one of their hockey teams got beat by a bunch of teenagers from Minnesota. or both.

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
1/26/14 8:16 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: Man there are some Canadians with your long johns in a bunch aren't there?
they are a touchy people... the maple syrup harvest outlook must be bad.. or maybe one of their hockey teams got beat by a bunch of teenagers from Minnesota. or both.

No we are a nation that lost over 160 people in Afghanistan because we agreed to pull the hard duty in Kandahar.

If you want to make fun of somebody - make fun of the Germans who insisted that their troops could only serve in the north where there was little or no action.

Korea - The 2nd Regiment of the PPCLI and the 3rd Regiment of the RAR (Australians) fought off an entire Chinese Division to stop the Chinese taking Seoul, after a Korean Division collapsed.

In WWII - Canada had a one of 5 beaches. The others were 2 British and 2 U.S. No other nation our size took on this level of burden. Our Navy took more than its fair share of the Battle of the Atlantic.

In WWI our troops took objectives that no one else could - Vimy Ridge. We were often the allied shock troops from 1916-1918. Right at the sharp end.

The Canadian Military has served proudly in numerous 20th and 21st century theatres with distinction. Many people don't know the facts, because most history books tend to focus on bigger countries.

We don't make fun of your military - don't make fun of ours!

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/26/14 9:36 p.m.
NGTD wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
No we are a nation that lost over 160 people in Afghanistan because we agreed to pull the hard duty in Kandahar. If you want to make fun of somebody - make fun of the Germans who insisted that their troops could only serve in the north where there was little or no action. Korea - The 2nd Regiment of the PPCLI and the 3rd Regiment of the RAR (Australians) fought off an entire Chinese Division to stop the Chinese taking Seoul, after a Korean Division collapsed. In WWII - Canada had a one of 5 beaches. The others were 2 British and 2 U.S. No other nation our size took on this level of burden. Our Navy took more than its fair share of the Battle of the Atlantic. In WWI our troops took objectives that no one else could - Vimy Ridge. We were often the allied shock troops from 1916-1918. Right at the sharp end. The Canadian Military has served proudly in numerous 20th and 21st century theatres with distinction. Many people don't know the facts, because most history books tend to focus on bigger countries. We don't make fun of your military - don't make fun of ours!

you should make fun of our military.. it's hilarious.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/26/14 9:42 p.m.

Ok let's drop the military thing period, volunteering for something greater than yourself with the very real risk of being killed because of that choice is not something you joke about. I will poke fun at military intelligence and military lingo and the like but in the end these people serve something that is beyond them and to marginalize it shows nothing more than disrespect to the greatest possible sacrifice.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/26/14 10:03 p.m.

you gotta admit, this is a funny pic, even tho it's supposed to show how badass the vehicle is:

and that's all i was saying in the first place- nothing about the military or anyone in it... jeez, some people are just touchy..

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
1/26/14 10:05 p.m.

In reply to NGTD:

No YOU (like literally you) don't make fun of your military or ours, therefore you think no one should make fun of any military anywhere. I agree that we shouldn't make fun of soldiers out there volunteering to put their life on the line, but I'm not sure that should extend to the military in general. Because lets face it, they make some pretty bad decisions sometimes.

EDIT: after reading subsequent posts I agree with Flight Service on the matter.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
1/26/14 10:33 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

Thank you..

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/27/14 3:45 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Those things are cool, too.

Hey! Dad drove a G.O.E.R. in Vietnam. Looked pretty similar.

To give you some scale:

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/27/14 4:17 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: Am I not allowed to bring up the Polish submarine with the screen door?

That's fine because that shows how stupid the engineers are.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F6CvUNUiclEXtI4sdN7HdJE8rHFrN4j2T1JX36NFRqvdA72f0bsk7QsW812GoGtm