1 2 3 4 5 6
Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
11/29/12 5:16 p.m.

I want a halligan, and one of those s&w m&p 15-22s.

Did no one else read Adrian's undead diary?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
11/29/12 5:25 p.m.

A pair of glock 17's would do it for me. I'd set one up with a suppressed 22 conversion though I'd keep all of the good bits in the backpack too. What I really need are magazines. I've got the guns and I've got the ammo but I can reload about twice right now. Probably have a hard time getting some spares delivered after the zombies start showing up.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
11/29/12 5:31 p.m.
Racer1ab wrote: I want a halligan, and one of those s&w m&p 15-22s. Did no one else read Adrian's undead diary?

Hehe...oh yeah!

And team Vajay-jay for the win LOL!

Or just walk around like a 7' tall half Orc bad a$$ with a broadsword :)

Uncoiled
Uncoiled Reader
11/29/12 6:01 p.m.

.22 lr semi auto rifle with a suppressor, pretty much totally silent, head shots all day long, ammo is abundant and super lightweight, preferably this rifle...

Of course you need a center fire for all the bandits and humans who want to try and take your supplies.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
11/29/12 6:06 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: ...What I really need are magazines....

More? How about bigger?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/12 6:11 p.m.

Roast em and toast em!

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
11/29/12 6:16 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: Roast em and toast em!

http://zombiedefense.blogspot.com/2007/06/zombies-and-fire.html

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/12 6:23 p.m.

I did realize that fire would not stop them immediatly.. but if you used this on a large crowd of zombies.. there is a good chance they would spread the fire among themselves and take out a large number.

and if they catch you up in it.. I would rather be dead than looking for brains

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
11/29/12 6:43 p.m.

zombie can't get me if it's a fine red mist at 1000 yards.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
11/29/12 7:01 p.m.
mndsm wrote: zombie can't get me if it's a fine red mist at 1000 yards.

It can if you're in a narrow hallway and the muzzle of that cannon is pointed the wrong way

Then there's the question of feeding it.....

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
11/29/12 7:03 p.m.

While I salute your enthusiasm a .308 will reach 1000 yards just fine and weight in quite a bit less for moving around. Now if you still want to go "big" but be somewhat mobile maybe change up to a .338 Lapua rifle. Ammo costs virtually the same though is quite a bit lighter to pack. Not nearly as punishing on the shoulder and the round travels a bit flatter. 338 Lap is also designed for "soft" targets where as .50 BMG is more anti material than anti personnel.

On a side note a Barrett M82A1 is on my bucket list of guns to get.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
11/29/12 7:23 p.m.

308 AK47, with tons of ammo. Though traditional zombies I am running for the hills, fast zombies I want a chain gun and a tank.

Will
Will Dork
11/29/12 7:23 p.m.

I'd argue that the AR15 is just about perfect for this scenario. They're accurate. It's relatively light, as is the ammo. Mine have been excellent when it comes to reliability. It shares ammo with NATO-spec weapons, so there's a possibility of scavenging ammo from military/law enforcement. Less muzzle flash/report than many other weapons. I'll go with my ACOG-scoped BCM midlength. Would be better if it were suppressed, but oh well.

When it comes to pistols, normally I'm a .45 guy. But when only headshots count, a 9mm would be just as good, and offer more capacity, less weight for the same amount of ammo, and greater likelihood of snagging military/LEO ammo. But since I don't own a 9mm, I'll go with what I do own, rather than running to the fun store: a USP .45 Custom Combat (top one).

At least the .45 is a subsonic round, so it's already quieter than many other pistols.

singleslammer
singleslammer HalfDork
11/29/12 7:41 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

That gun was used in the new Bond movie. Sweet gun.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
11/29/12 8:12 p.m.

I'd like to add a one of these: -can be made if broken/stolen/lost, i made that one without power tools, using tools that fit easily in a backpack -adjustable draw weight - that particular one goes 31-45#, could theoretically be designed to handle any draw weight -reusable ammo, which can also be made in a world with no power -quiet -useful for hunting as well.

It won't work well for hoards unless you have a mini army of people with them, but that's what the rocket propelled chainsaw is for.

Edit: I guess it isn't technically a firearm, but the arrows themselves can be lit on fire. If a sword counts, this has got to count.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
11/29/12 8:55 p.m.

One of these would do nicely against both the living and the dead. For melee combat anyway.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
11/29/12 9:15 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: For hunkering down and staying put, you'll want something with distance. I'm thinking: Make that in .308 with a couple thousand rounds in stock. What is this, please?
moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
11/29/12 9:18 p.m.
conesare2seconds wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: For hunkering down and staying put, you'll want something with distance. I'm thinking: Make that in .308 with a couple thousand rounds in stock.
What is this, please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_rifle

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
11/29/12 9:21 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker: You only need enough ammo to get to a store with ammo really. Also one of these would be handy.

I've got some of these in the shop now.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
11/29/12 9:25 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote:
While I salute your enthusiasm a .308 will reach 1000 yards just fine and weight in quite a bit less for moving around. Now if you still want to go "big" but be somewhat mobile maybe change up to a .338 Lapua rifle. Ammo costs virtually the same though is quite a bit lighter to pack. Not nearly as punishing on the shoulder and the round travels a bit flatter. 338 Lap is also designed for "soft" targets where as .50 BMG is more anti material than anti personnel. On a side note a Barrett M82A1 is on my bucket list of guns to get.

You could always go to the .408 Lapua as well.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
11/29/12 9:28 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

Mmmm I love me a break down rifle.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
11/29/12 9:29 p.m.

I thought you might.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
11/29/12 10:18 p.m.

Oh yeah and don't you mean 408 Cheytac?

NTW-20

alex
alex UltraDork
11/29/12 11:21 p.m.
Uncoiled wrote: preferably this rifle...

Enlighten a rifle noob. What's that?

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
11/29/12 11:25 p.m.

In reply to alex:

That is an MP 15-22. Basically a .22LR AR.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hEF7C25J54L5etMzZnDTkjamJCDTreBk5O0mezWWaNmSV48uMxtwc7krZLmv2x2t