1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/26/12 4:15 p.m.

93excivic I really want to try fast food chicken in your area if Chic FIL a "blows". The only one you listed that we have in our area is crazy inferior to chick FIL a. I've always found CFA to have good food at the primarily Midwest CFA I've been to. Never had Bojangles but KFC and popeyes are not as good of food and the service is terrible (rude staff, slow, dirty bathrooms/restaurant).

Agree with the Christian values or not I've not been at a fastfood restaurant in the Midwest that puts the customer first as consistently as CFA. Possible exceptions are Moe's and Locally at least Jimmy Johns.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/26/12 4:18 p.m.

Local place for really excellent fried chicken: Zesto's. But only the West Columbia location, the other three are just meh. The owner is Greek; I have no idea of his politics or sexual proclivities. But you know what they say about Greeks...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/26/12 4:20 p.m.
nocones wrote: Never had Bojangles but KFC and popeyes are not as good of food and the service is terrible (rude staff, slow, dirty bathrooms/restaurant).

Bojangles is soooo awesome. At the local place, it is always clean, the service is really fast and they play classic music. Also the fried chicken is great and the biscuits are the best fast food biscuits out there.

I just really like the Popeye's spicy chicken fingers and fries but the local one is slow and the dirty but I like the food so I go anyway.

KFC just sucks.

I just find CFA's food bland and overpriced. Also the fries suck.

Guthrie's is by far the best though.

This thread was to argue about fried chicken right?

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
7/26/12 4:21 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Local place for really excellent fried chicken: Zesto's. But only the West Columbia location, the other three are just meh. The owner is Greek; I have no idea of his politics or sexual proclivities. But you know what they say about Greeks...

They berkeleying LOVE lamb!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
7/26/12 4:21 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
nocones wrote: Never had Bojangles but KFC and popeyes are not as good of food and the service is terrible (rude staff, slow, dirty bathrooms/restaurant).
Bojangles is soooo awesome. At the local place, it is always clean, the service is really fast and they play classic music. Also the fried chicken is great and the biscuits are the best fast food biscuits out there. I just really like the Popeye's spicy chicken fingers and fries but the local one is slow and the dirty but I like the food so I go anyway. KFC just sucks. I just find CFA's food bland and overpriced. Also the fries suck.

Bojangles RULES.

Popeyes is decent.

Church's is good E36 M3.

berkeley a bunch of KFC.

CFA sucks.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
7/26/12 4:22 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

So you like it extra greasy, extra spicy, extra cheap and with a side of biscuits. That explains it. CFA does not meet those requirements.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/26/12 4:32 p.m.

Yes argue about chicken please.

I just find it hard to say CFA sucks or blows and not have it be based on something other than their food quality. If so your mouth is radically different than mine.

I think its universal that KFC sucks bit there chicken is dry salty and hard and its amazing their restaurants pass a health inspection.

CFA I usually need a napkin to catch the chicken juice the breading is never overpowering and their restaurants are always nearly spotless. I've not been thanked or welcomed for my buisiness in ANY other fast food place except 2 times in a Moes but I have NEVeR left CFA without both of those things happening. Their pricing could be a little more competitive but compared to Wendy's or McDonald's premium chicken products it is very similar.

I will try bojangles next time I see one. Churches is the bomb for traditional bucket of chicken type product. They are amazingly good for fast food.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
7/26/12 4:36 p.m.
nocones wrote: Yes argue about chicken please. I just find it hard to say CFA sucks or blows and not have it be based on something other than their food quality. If so your mouth is radically different than mine. I think its universal that KFC sucks bit there chicken is dry salty and hard and its amazing their restaurants pass a health inspection. CFA I usually need a napkin to catch the chicken juice the breading is never overpowering and their restaurants are always nearly spotless. I've not been thanked or welcomed for my buisiness in ANY other fast food place except 2 times in a Moes but I have NEVeR left CFA without both of those things happening. Their pricing could be a little more competitive but compared to Wendy's or McDonald's premium chicken products it is very similar. I will try bojangles next time I see one. Churches is the bomb for traditional bucket of chicken type product. They are amazingly good for fast food.

Last time I ate at KFC, I got the spicy chicken mashed potato bowl. That is the sickest I've ever been on my life. I was worried my eyes were going to pop out, I was vomiting so hard. I spent most of the night on the bathroom floor wanting to die. So, they could give out free hookers and blow with their chicken and I'd still pass. Bad memories.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
7/26/12 4:51 p.m.

About a year ago Subway sponsored some "...of the Year" awards. "Sportsman" of the year was a pro football player who did (not enough) time for interstate gambling when he got busted in a dog fighting ring, he personally admits to killing by his own hands at least 8 of the dogs....but he's apparently a "sportsman". Entertainter of the year was convicted wife beater. But there's no uproar about that, most people probably never even heard of it, because those issues aren't the flavor of the day.

My opinion on the issue at hand is I don't care. And what I mean by that is it has no effect on my life if a gay couple marries, if my gay friends wanted to marry, I'd happily go to their wedding and support them. I support their choices and their fight for these rights because I do not see the negative effect so why should I care? At the same time I support the freedoms in our country which give people the ability to fight for their rights in these issues, one of the greatest of which is freedom of speech. Therefore I will not criticize or penalize a company because it has an opinions on a subject. As long as they do not allow that opinion to effect the business, who they serve and who they hire, then they have every right to have that opinion and I will support that right as well.

As far as Subway, I used to eat there for lunch 3-4 times a week because its about the only thing remotely healthy near my office. I haven't been there in over a year now. Glorifying people who set a bad example, putting felons up on a pedestal because they can throw a ball or sing, that does effect me and the world around me in a negative manner. But again, its not interesting enough for people to get up in arms about so we will continue to let out kids have the wrong heroes and role models.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
7/26/12 5:26 p.m.

Just to try and further flounder this thread towards a chicken discussion I'll just say this.

CFA is over priced for the portions you get compared to other places, but it does at least taste good.

Popeye's is the best but only when there isn't a Zaxby's around (no Zaxby's in Indy ). KFC is a greasy mess and so is Church's. I also prefer Wendy's nuggets to McDs.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/26/12 5:30 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: I also prefer Wendy's nuggets to McDs.

berkeley CHICKEN NUGGETS

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
7/26/12 5:35 p.m.

The only places you don't get nuggets now are popeye's and KFC. Well except for hardee's that wants to give you 3 of the smallest strips I've ever seen for way too much money.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/26/12 5:50 p.m.
bludroptop wrote: Well, you know Bert and Ernie....

scardeal
scardeal Dork
7/26/12 5:52 p.m.

Interesting op-ed piece by a pro-gay marriage writer on the subject: http://accordingtohoyt.com/2012/07/26/how-not-to-make-friends-and-influence-people/

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/26/12 5:54 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Man. This thread went from interesting and funny to full suck in a hurry. I'm going to go berkeley my boyfriend while enjoying a delicious chicken biscuit now.

Had me fooled.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
7/26/12 5:57 p.m.
scardeal wrote: Interesting op-ed piece by a pro-gay marriage writer on the subject: http://accordingtohoyt.com/2012/07/26/how-not-to-make-friends-and-influence-people/

A very good perspective and good read

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/26/12 6:12 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: I also prefer Wendy's nuggets to McDs.
berkeley CHICKEN NUGGETS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_oem9BqUTI

Zaxby's = yum. That's the only fast food franchise I would consider owning.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
7/26/12 6:12 p.m.

KFC had, a few years ago, Tender Roast Chicken. Unfried, not breaded, tasty and delicious. When I had my first helping, I knew it would never last. I am the anti-barometer of popular culture, at least when it comes to food.

When I go to a sit down restaurant thats likely to have them, I order boiled carrots and butter instead of fries...

On topic, I don't think there is a court in the land that would allow a refusal of a business licence based on political issues to fly.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
7/26/12 6:25 p.m.
scardeal wrote: Interesting op-ed piece by a pro-gay marriage writer on the subject: http://accordingtohoyt.com/2012/07/26/how-not-to-make-friends-and-influence-people/

True!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/26/12 8:51 p.m.

Our mayor has a different way to keep them out of NY, by making them serve sweet tea in a thimble

Rahm Emanuel said: "Chick-fil-A's values are not Chicago values," the mayor had said in response to the chain CEO's anti-gay marriage stance. "They're not respectful of our residents, our neighbors and our family members. And if you're going to be part of the Chicago community, you should reflect the Chicago values."

Has he checked to see what his states policy is?

Illinois

Main article: Recognition of same-sex unions in Illinois

In 2007, 2008 and 2009 state representative Greg Harris introduced the Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act to the Illinois State House of Representatives, in order to implement same-sex marriages in the legislation, the bill has not moved. Also in 2009, The Equal Marriage Act, Bill 2468, was introduced in the Senate by Senator Heather Steans (D)-Chicago. This is the first time a same-sex marriage bill has been introduced to Illinois Senate. The bill would provide eligible same-sex and opposite-sex couples with the same treatment as those in a civil marriage. Senate Bill 2468 states that the current state laws relating to marriage discriminate against same sex couples. It changes the statute by saying "that a marriage is between 2 persons (rather than, a man and a woman)." The bill has not moved.

Texts : Illinois Compiled Statutes 750 ILCS 5/201. Formalities.

A marriage between a man and a woman licensed, solemnized and registered as provided in this Act is valid in this State. 750 ILCS 5/212. Prohibited Marriages.

(a) The following marriages are prohibited:... ... (5) a marriage between 2 individuals of the same sex. 750 ILCS 5/213.1 Same‑sex marriages; public policy.

A marriage between 2 individuals of the same sex is contrary to the public policy of this State.

No marriage license or recognition, no other relationship or its recognition from other jurisdictions for same-sex couples.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/12 9:23 p.m.

My sentiments almost exactly.

Grizz
Grizz Dork
7/26/12 9:25 p.m.

I'm just stopping in to say berkeley chikfila for making garbage food, berkeley stupid people telling me "I just went to a bad one" when it's been every berkeleying one I've ever gone too, berkeley chicago, berkeley boston, every city on the face of the planet is a berkeleying E36 M3hole and anyone who disagrees with me right now is probably sober and not devouring massive amounts of mexican food.

That's all, go back to your petty squabbling about chicken or whatever now.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/26/12 9:31 p.m.

I agree that the politicians making all this grandstanding is ridiculous and in my opinion pandering to the voters but even if I like CFA I wouldn't go like I don't go to Wal-Mart and some other companies because I don't agree with there business practices or beliefs.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/12 9:34 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: While we are blasting them, why are the chick fil a cows white? They couldn't find a qualified fake black cow? Please. Racist AND homophobic.

THAT is one of the most ridiculous and absurd things I've ever heard.

They are ALL black AND white. Many of them are nearly 50/50%.

Good grief.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/26/12 9:34 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: While we are blasting them, why are the chick fil a cows white? They couldn't find a qualified fake black cow? Please. Racist AND homophobic.

Pretty sure they're white AND black, which would make them mulatto...errr...mixed! No wait....MULTICULTURAL! If you only recognize them as white, maybe YOU'RE the racist. E36 M3, I think they'd be offended being called "White." You know they speak in ebonics & E36 M3, right?

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
0uFGC4biSOsvknEc3s8chI1KgxPlfITF6JfrG319O7bLPYFZ4O4w9vpdmmJ5hG0Z