1 2
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/23/12 11:20 p.m.

My best pal in the whole world just decided to drop everything and go into business for himself dealing in antiques and collectibles. He's got a real nose for the stuff.

He just opened his eBay store and is launching it with a bunch of cool automobilia signs and collectibles. Some seriously cool stuff in there, too. Do a brother a solid and check it out and spread the word. Manifest 20th Century Antiques

jg

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
7/24/12 6:55 a.m.

Checking it out now. If I spend all my money and lose my house, can I move in with you?

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
7/24/12 9:19 a.m.

I'll check back from time to time. Some vintage signs for the products I'm a dealer for would be cool in the shop.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
7/24/12 9:23 a.m.

"Oh cool, I've been looking for a sweet sign for the man cave...hunnnnnh that's $400."

Crosspost to Classic Motorsports, maybe? Those guys are loaded.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
7/24/12 9:28 a.m.
Osterkraut wrote: Crosspost to Classic Motorsports, maybe? Those guys are loaded.

I was trying to figure out why I stopped posting there....

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
7/24/12 12:21 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Osterkraut wrote: Crosspost to Classic Motorsports, maybe? Those guys are loaded.

Same here.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/24/12 12:41 p.m.

I would love to have some of those vintage signs...

I'd also love to have a garage to put them in.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
7/24/12 12:54 p.m.

Does this count as a canoe?

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
7/24/12 2:27 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
bravenrace wrote:
Same here.

Yeah...I mostly dig the older stuff, but don't have trust funds. Classic Grassroots Motorsports anyone?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
7/24/12 2:51 p.m.

pretty cool stuff, but my pockets arent that deep...he needs to set up a booth any time Mecum is near him.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/24/12 3:34 p.m.

I'M OFFENDED!!! Is that an Xb on DR-20's in the background? Peeyulmp.

DonovanDwyer
DonovanDwyer
7/24/12 8:13 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: I'M OFFENDED!!! Is that an Xb on DR-20's in the background? Peeyulmp.

Those are actually Axis Oldskools... but close enough :) And don't worry GRM peeps, less fancy stuff soon forthcoming.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/24/12 8:28 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Does this count as a canoe?

I'll let it slide if JG will send me some of that nifty camera gear he fabricates on the side.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
7/24/12 8:35 p.m.

Maroon92 needs some of this

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/24/12 9:48 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Do a brother a solid

I know I am getting old because that particular phrase has eluded me until recently when I heard a good morning america lady with cancer say it on air. I thought it had to do with taking a dump. Like, "Whew, I just did a brother a solid, do not go in there."

My wife thought I was nuts and really had a hard time believing that I didn't know that saying. I guess my resistance to facebook, social media in general, and just being basically anti-social is starting to show some real results.

Do me a solid, and someone hotlink a picture of some of this fine stuff for sale so I don't have to click on the provided link.

DonovanDwyer
DonovanDwyer New Reader
7/24/12 10:27 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

DonovanDwyer
DonovanDwyer New Reader
7/24/12 10:35 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/24/12 10:41 p.m.

Thanks Rut.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
7/25/12 1:00 a.m.

Guys, I deal in this stuff a bit in my spare time, the prices are all pretty good from what I can see of the quality.

Ok, so, a couple questions for the owner:

1) Got any B-A gas and oil stuff? How about Northstar, White Rose or Red Indian? Supertest is good too.

2) How much for the Hastings Aero-Type sign to take it right now?

Thanks.

Shawn

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
7/25/12 5:39 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Maroon92 needs some of this

I like the Avon tires sign, but I really need to save my pennies for someday.

DonovanDwyer
DonovanDwyer New Reader
7/25/12 7:49 a.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

Thanks Trans_Maro!

1) I'm afraid not, but always on the lookout for more obscure stuff like that...

2) I'd take $175 (GRM discount) to end the auction now, which is quite reasonable for how exceedingly rare a Hastings sign is (as I'm sure you are aware, haha...) Let me know.

If you're reasonably local and see anything large that you're interested in, contact me and I'll work with you... would rather not ship some of these if I can avoid it. The Avon sign alone weighs 80 pounds!

A ton more badass stuff coming, including a 19" BBS LM wheel lip from a 1998 Rolex 24 car (!) and a super awesome 1967 Tonka No.5 pumper firetruck.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/25/12 8:09 a.m.

Kudos for joining the forum and interacting with people. That's the best way to have people pay attention to the stuff you are offering.

DonovanDwyer
DonovanDwyer New Reader
7/25/12 9:52 a.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

Yeah, been reading GRM for 20+ years and just now decided to sign up here, haha...

and sorry for the redonk photos, don't know how to link them any smaller off of Ebay.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
7/25/12 9:59 a.m.

In reply to DonovanDwyer:

Thanks!

I'll have to check the funds in the play money account but that is a good price.

Shawn

DonovanDwyer
DonovanDwyer New Reader
7/25/12 10:01 a.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

Much appreciated :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n30pGVTurrr7Y513ahfRqRyAXmH0T5L4l9Z9Q75yW8oVzAkdi1rXCpNHS6lUxjot