1 2 3
Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/24/13 11:18 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: My MKI GTI had FSTBNY and I had a girl ask if I worked for playboy. WTH?

FaST BunNY...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/24/13 11:36 a.m.

There was a guy in my old neighborhood with a 350Z with plates that said "10TILL4", I always thought that was comical

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/13 11:41 a.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

Actually, it could be because gramps had 68 AMX and 69 AMX on his two for the last 37 years...

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/24/13 11:48 a.m.

I have IDIFTL on the Yugo.

photo IMG_4804.jpg

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/24/13 12:14 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
ransom wrote: It's a somewhat unusual name, but how *else* would anyone pronounce it?
You would be *amazed* The most common mispronunciation generally sounds like slang for a woman's genitalia But yes, if you stop and think about it for just a second it's not very hard to pronounce.

I've heard many terms for that and i still can't arrive at any of them starting with your last name.

So here i sit on my lunch break, mentally going over everything i've learned so far as a man.

... Bob Costas, gash, vag, etc...

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/24/13 12:16 p.m.

I think i need "MLPWNIE" for the MX6. Or "HAZTORK"

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/24/13 12:17 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: I have IDIFTL on the Yugo.

Me too stupid to get it?
I'm difficult?
I'm de Fiat L?

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/24/13 12:27 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

I did it for the lulz.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
9/24/13 2:24 p.m.

The "no 69" story reminded me of one that got by the censors here- "4Q". Dangerous, though, because I'm not a vandal, but it was awfully tempting to take a key and scratch "4Q too" in the paint somewhere.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/24/13 2:38 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
JThw8 wrote: You would be *amazed* The most common mispronunciation generally sounds like slang for a woman's genitalia
So here i sit on my lunch break, mentally going over everything i've learned so far as a man. ... Bob Costas, gash, vag, etc...

Substitute a plain T for the "Th" at the beginning, then change the long aaaaay sound in the middle to a short ahhhhh sound...

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/24/13 2:39 p.m.
Duke wrote:
chandlerGTi wrote: My MKI GTI had FSTBNY and I had a girl ask if I worked for playboy. WTH?
FaST BunNY...

My '83 GTi wore 'WABBITT' for years. Once saw a white Cabrio with ML8ML8.

There was a very new black 7 series BMW around Charleston with 'PD CASH' on the tag. Of course it had been keyed on every surface.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/13 3:00 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: My parents' 1969 AMX has the tag "WOW AMX." They wanted "69 AMX" but some idiot at the tag agency decided that tags containing 69 cannot be issued because that is ALWAYS a sexual reference. When I finally finish the car, I am thinking about "32DATSN"

One of my neighbors used to have "68 AMX".

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/24/13 3:27 p.m.

Someone out there who has transplanted a FWD engine into the hatch area needs this

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/24/13 3:39 p.m.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/24/13 4:34 p.m.

I got tired of people calling my syncro a quattro.

Thus: NT A QTRO

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/13 5:11 p.m.

1983 Lincoln Mark Vi MSNGLNC (Missing Link)

1993 Mercury Topaz MAXIPAZ (Maximum Topaz... or little white rag)

1993 Ford Tempo TEMPON (I have no answers... they let me have it after I showed the girl the MAXIPAZ plate ;) )

1989 Ford Ranger STRANGR

1997 Ford Ranger ANGER

1968 Datsun SPL311 I8TOKYO

1986 Merkur XR4Ti HALFAST

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
9/24/13 5:22 p.m.

This was on my 20th Anniversary GTI. Also was(is) my screen name on that horrible forum (VWVortex).

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
9/24/13 5:22 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
JThw8 wrote: You would be *amazed* The most common mispronunciation generally sounds like slang for a woman's genitalia
So here i sit on my lunch break, mentally going over everything i've learned so far as a man. ... Bob Costas, gash, vag, etc...
Substitute a plain T for the "Th" at the beginning, then change the long aaaaay sound in the middle to a short ahhhhh sound...

Yeah, that's the one. Had a nurse come out to call me from the waiting room once. "Mr. TWAT!" I'm like "um thats Thwaite" "That's a mighty unfortunate name sir"

alex
alex UberDork
9/24/13 5:29 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: Yeah, that's the one. Had a nurse come out to call me from the waiting room once. "Mr. TWAT!" I'm like "um thats Thwaite" "That's a mighty unfortunate name sir"

"Not if you can read, m'am."

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
9/24/13 5:31 p.m.

My Suburban 2500, as seen below doing what it does best, has the custom plate "CNYNERO"

trucke
trucke Reader
9/24/13 6:40 p.m.

Love Jerry's plates!

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
9/24/13 6:41 p.m.

My Mustang, which was supercharged, had ILUV PSI as a plate. Unfortunately that mostly backfired and most people were like you love bob costas? You love playstation 1?

Now, in a post supercharged world it reads 1SLO 5OH.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
9/24/13 6:56 p.m.
Autolex wrote: My autox car says "N0 C0NE"

Belongs to one of the guys I Autocross with, shocker there

Same group, vehicle specific plate this time

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
9/24/13 8:25 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
ransom wrote: It's a somewhat unusual name, but how *else* would anyone pronounce it?
You would be *amazed* The most common mispronunciation generally sounds like slang for a woman's genitalia But yes, if you stop and think about it for just a second it's not very hard to pronounce.
I've heard many terms for that and i still can't arrive at any of them starting with your last name. So here i sit on my lunch break, mentally going over everything i've learned so far as a man. ... Bob Costas, gash, vag, etc...

Mulva?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
9/24/13 9:06 p.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VXATBEkBsiYKjX2y7JmF1rJ1LWJUwfXmYlS9kZowAM6rE5AfM4yp22smNLQSHXMg