The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/10/12 7:08 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Thanks for the info.

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/10/12 8:21 p.m.

Still not 100% on the Forester over the P71...The wife and I are debating the pros and cons of each...I refuse to turn this into a "what car" thread!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
9/10/12 10:15 p.m.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
9/10/12 10:18 p.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/10/12 10:19 p.m.

That's even more than less than unhelpful...

slefain
slefain SuperDork
9/11/12 9:55 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: Still not 100% on the Forester over the P71...The wife and I are debating the pros and cons of each...I refuse to turn this into a "what car" thread!

Is your wife comfortable with people asking her how she felt about Lilith Fair being canceled?

Hntsvl_E30
Hntsvl_E30 New Reader
9/11/12 10:19 a.m.

Well if you want a car that can outlast just about everything on the road, the Panther platform is it. With some mods, they handle shockingly well. With a tune, CAI and a ported intake manifold they pull very strong. Brakes are very good, has a decent front suspension, and the rear suspension is really nice when its all billet aluminum pieces. What other car goes from service as a police unit, to auction, then another lifetime as a taxi?

mtn
mtn PowerDork
9/11/12 10:23 a.m.

I'd have a hard time choosing between the two... I'd probably go Forester, but only because I've already had a Crown Vic.

So, since you've already had Subaru's, you should definitely go P71.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/11/12 10:35 a.m.

Or...

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
9/11/12 11:10 a.m.

For us, it would be Forester, because hatchback.

Hntsvl_E30
Hntsvl_E30 New Reader
9/11/12 11:46 a.m.

Or They do have less beat on identical cousins...

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/11/12 1:21 p.m.
slefain wrote:
The_Jed wrote: Still not 100% on the Forester over the P71...The wife and I are debating the pros and cons of each...I refuse to turn this into a "what car" thread!
Is your wife comfortable with people asking her how she felt about Lilith Fair being canceled?

We did have a girlfriend for a while...

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/11/12 1:24 p.m.

We're going to try to snag both but have to wait until Monday to pull the trigger. New union contract is being voted on Sunday and I'm not sure how it's going to go.

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/11/12 1:27 p.m.
Hntsvl_E30 wrote: Or They do have less beat on identical cousins...

I had looked at a few Marauders on line and they seem to hold their value quite well. The ones I found locally were about double the price of the P71. Definitely a want, though!

Hntsvl_E30
Hntsvl_E30 New Reader
9/11/12 2:32 p.m.

Its a '09 Grand Marquis. I wanted a Marauder, but they are way too expensive for what they are. I built a car that can out handle the original anyhow.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UltraDork
9/11/12 3:01 p.m.

they get almost the same fuel efficiency, but the ford can do a burnout 'till it runs out of gas.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
9/11/12 3:19 p.m.

I vote P71

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/11/12 8:17 p.m.

I keep trying to get the wife to voice her thoughts here but she doesn't post often and usually just lurks.

(If that doesn't draw her out I don't know what will.)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/11/12 8:18 p.m.

If you don't know how to draw your wife out, I don't know what to tell you.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/11/12 8:28 p.m.

Ugh... off to craigslist to lust for cars I can't have.

Morbid
Morbid Reader
9/11/12 8:35 p.m.
The_Jed wrote: I keep trying to get the wife to voice her thoughts here but she doesn't post often and usually just lurks. (If that doesn't draw her out I don't know what will.)

Yeah, yeah, I'm here now. You're an shiny happy person.

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/11/12 8:36 p.m.

Love you too, sweety!

Morbid
Morbid Reader
9/11/12 8:39 p.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

Uh huh.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/11/12 10:48 p.m.

Alright! I feel like court is in session. We are ready to hear the pleas for the P71...

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
9/12/12 7:31 a.m.
Hntsvl_E30 wrote: Well if you want a car that can outlast just about everything on the road, the Panther platform is it. With some mods, they handle shockingly well. With a tune, CAI and a ported intake manifold they pull very strong. Brakes are very good, has a decent front suspension, and the rear suspension is really nice when its all billet aluminum pieces. What other car goes from service as a police unit, to auction, then another lifetime as a taxi?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Xpm2T2klal5gAogn4zDCkqq4bt66yoiJ2SLiD1wYvt9YakMfH78hMvRYCLO48OAL