1 2
Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
11/3/12 5:39 p.m.

Glad things are looking OK, Slipery.

lastsnare, welcome to teh board. Your idea is interesting. The technology exists today. One could swallow basically a large pill shaped camera one could purchase for $50, keep your phone near you for the next day or so, then email the file bluetoothed from the pill/camera to the phone to your physician, who could then review the MPEG and make decisions from there. Like, you look fine and eat more fiber, or you need to come in for a biopsy. Damn, there may be money in this. Oh well, another Dr.Hess idea will be stolen, developed and hit the market. Just like my idea for taking a small low light video camera, mounting it in a tube with a small 800x600 VGA screen display on the other end of the tube. Add a little electronics, image overlay, couple of buttons and you have a 4th gen equivalent Starlight night vision scope for a hundred bucks in parts. I though this one up >10 years ago. Sportsman's Guide sells one today for about $1500.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
11/5/12 4:36 p.m.
Slippery wrote: The reason why I had this done is because lately I been having some acid reflux and whatnot. J

Who doesn't? Usually they tell you you have a hiatal (sp?) hernia. Some peeps say its treatible, others say it isn't. That's when you start prilosec, prevacid, nexium etc.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/12 4:51 p.m.

hmmm.. am I the only 40 something in the world without acid reflux?

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
11/5/12 5:01 p.m.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
11/5/12 5:46 p.m.
SkinnyG wrote: What's next - a tasty (chalky) cup of barium? Yum!

Urgh. Never again on that one.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
11/5/12 7:16 p.m.

Believe me, it's better to drink the chalky stuff than having it put in from the lower end.

I might could beat my acid reflux if I could correct my diet.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/12 7:30 p.m.

the good news about barium.. it does a good job of blocking you up if you got a serious case of the runs...

dellhog
dellhog None
12/3/12 10:04 p.m.

I have colonscopey this is in high range and image view is specific for solve any problem. It is followed by upper endoscopy. I think it is best according its price for viewing a high range image.

endoscopy sale

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/3/12 10:20 p.m.

This may be the first spambot that worked. I never thought of owning an endoscope and now I looking for them on ebay

allen_m
allen_m New Reader
12/3/12 10:37 p.m.

Drank the magic gallon and will get to do it again in '15. I have had two endoscopes, one nap time the second one wide awake could feel the camera in my stomach!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
12/4/12 7:09 a.m.
Wally wrote: This may be the first spambot that worked. I never thought of owning an endoscope and now I looking for them on ebay

Are,you thinking about a new line of work?

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/4/12 6:42 p.m.
Wally wrote: This may be the first spambot that worked. I never thought of owning an endoscope and now I looking for them on ebay

For inspecting valves and pistons through the spark plug hole? :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZZsiuxIZOXA4X9JHqcLD0XXQep096VpJwjSJf2h2E75k1bjFiZLD3fdAGtcbOOUH