Black Stig
Black Stig None
5/24/08 5:00 p.m.

Damnit motorsports . . . . why must you tempt me so with projects that are destined to just lure me in to spend more money . . . .I'm sooooooo thinking about it . . .and yes . . .it's 5 speed!

Discuss . . .

-Stig

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
5/24/08 5:32 p.m.

Heavy for their time, but not in comparison to todays cars. Suspension is better on the later ones, but none are stellar cornering cars. Small block chevy or Northstar fit nice and make good noises, but people usually hook them to the stock getrag which is a time bomb with even the stock motor. Kindof a gold chain guy type of car, but the community is pretty good and mechanically savvy.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
5/24/08 6:01 p.m.

Dude, you need another car like you need a hole in the head. i know of what I speak.. which leads me to believe you will get it. Good luck. P.S. You know the Cordele drift event has been cancelled, right?

Black Stig
Black Stig None
5/24/08 7:23 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Heavy for their time, but not in comparison to todays cars. Suspension is better on the later ones, but none are stellar cornering cars. Small block chevy or Northstar fit nice and make good noises, but people usually hook them to the stock getrag which is a time bomb with even the stock motor. Kindof a gold chain guy type of car, but the community is pretty good and mechanically savvy.

I was more thinking along the lines of a DD until I was ready to actually toss some money into it, which would probably be along the lines of a year or so (or until I graduate my CCNA classes)

I wonder what they're like on reliability and fuel consumption in stock form.

NYG95GA wrote: Dude, you need another car like you need a hole in the head. i know of what I speak.. which leads me to believe you will get it. Good luck. P.S. You know the Cordele drift event has been cancelled, right?

I know, I run through em, but man, that's an absolutely amazing looking car . . . .I don't know, it may make a cool DD, even if I only own it for a few months then let it go to some other fortunate racer. We'll have to see however how things pan out . . .

BTW, which Cordele drift event? The one that was supposed to happen in June? I believe that was the date, I've fallen so out of the loop lately with school and work hogging up my time. Hopefully we'll be able to make some more autocross events and track days happen here soon :)

Mental
Mental SuperDork
5/25/08 2:04 a.m.

If yuo don;t tell us how much, we can't help you.

OK, we won't help you but the only way we'd try to talk you out of it is if it was overpriced. So buy the damm car.

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/25/08 9:18 p.m.

I may be wrong, but that looks like an '87. They got good in '88.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
5/25/08 11:35 p.m.
Black Stig wrote: BTW, which Cordele drift event? The one that was supposed to happen in June?

Yeah, that's the one. Jamey and CoolCat had a falling out, and he has left. Without him spearheading the drift thing, we decided to hold off on any more.

neon4891
neon4891 Reader
5/25/08 11:52 p.m.

what is a good tranny option for these things?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0Z2UGN7FbSnzSqqSvUBiBWLyNDEgo25L0g0C5qFCJvi0ddZhD7nJ1hDEI4epCgYg