1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 43
Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
7/7/10 4:39 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Other than the 'Ring, the long courses make terrible racetracks. Too little room for racing, NO runoff room, BIG chances for contact, both with the wall and each other. Pretty much the only way you can pass anybody is if they stuff it in the armco and don't bounce back out in front of you.

are you talking about Kaido? It isn't too bad. Obviously there is no runoff room, but there are some great passing opportunities, and as I have a rally background, i actually have a chance, because fast people like you don't have the courses memorized as well.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/7/10 5:07 p.m.

Both of them. They aren't good as race tracks at all.

Now, if you put the settings on 20 sec. intervals for roll-off, best time wins, and treat it like a stage rally...

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
7/7/10 6:15 p.m.

So, we will join the East Coast scores with the West Coast ones or will we keep them separate?

Also, I am all for doing some up/down hill racing.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/7/10 7:29 p.m.

I can host the west coast games.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/7/10 7:30 p.m.

who is hosting should also go up on the official unofficial forza3 page

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
7/7/10 7:50 p.m.

I like finks stage rally idea...

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/7/10 10:09 p.m.
Jrodsvt wrote: May I join this league? Do I need to wait till next season? I may be a bit rusty though. I have not played in several months. thanks, Jarod

I don't think that's a problem..I actually have rotating days off, and just drop in when I can. If the West Coast room takes off, I'll probablly start running in that, since 9p Pacific is 12a Eastern (two hrs after I get off work).

It ain't the most serious league in the world, it's just a bunch of us who'd rather race with other car guys instead of the "Halo Players" in the public hoppers.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
7/7/10 10:22 p.m.

WERD.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/7/10 10:23 p.m.

^^ Well said.

I think that's the best part of the gamertag list from this sticky. You never know who will be on when...

friedgreencorrado
7/7/10 10:47 p.m.
Platinum90 wrote: I like finks stage rally idea...

x2. I actually enjoyed the "drifter courses" in season play, but haven't tried anything online on them. Stage rally would be cool, even if it is tarmac!

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/8/10 12:46 a.m.

I'm at 995 on the achievement points. The only one left is the 100k drift points. I tried for it once, way back when I first bought the HKS Mitsu. Got to 96k, and I may never try it again. What a waste of an achievement...

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 New Reader
7/8/10 12:14 p.m.

I don't have time to read everything ATM, Are we doing Kaido tonight?

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
7/8/10 12:34 p.m.

I'm out again this week - it's my wedding anniversary today and I'll be, well, busy

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/8/10 2:57 p.m.

There have been some updates to the Unofficial Forza League Information page, including room hosts and the next 4 weeks of scheduled racing.

Tonight is scheduled for Catalunya and Tsukuba in the Spec 1975 series.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/8/10 3:08 p.m.

Tom, page looks great! your the man!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/8/10 3:12 p.m.
pigeon wrote: I'm out again this week - it's my wedding anniversary today and I'll be, well, busy

I wish you the very best in your endeavor. I'd skip for that too.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
7/8/10 4:02 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
pigeon wrote: I'm out again this week - it's my wedding anniversary today and I'll be, well, busy
I wish you the very best in your endeavor. I'd skip for that too.

I'm not sure I would...

Oh wait, I just figured out what you were talking about.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/8/10 7:04 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
Platinum90 wrote:
Tom said: It's completely UN-official.
What do I have to do to make it official? Do I have to take the site to Jersey and have a commitment ceremony?
I'm glad you mention this. Here's what I'd like to host on our /forza page... 1) Official Rules for the 3 spec classes we're messing with now. (I've got the gouge on Spec 1975 and the Miatas, but don't remember the formula for the Integras.) 2) Race Schedule for upcoming tracks. Can we commit to knowing where we'll be racing? 3) We're teetering on the edge of needing a second room for the East Coast participants. Who would volunteer to host races and send results to the overall series admin? (That's Platinum 90, right?)

I know its adding fuel to the fire, but im a Ford/Nissan guy. (oil/water(gulf of mexico)) Id really like to see a RB26DETT race. I think most the nissans and datsuns can make the cut. This may be good for another time. Ditto for the Ford Falcon.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/8/10 7:08 p.m.
Capt Slow wrote: I can host the west coast games.

I hosted last time. Ill stand down to you if you would like. Id suggest setting the lobby up 30 min ahead of time. I'm actually off work today because I had to go to court to take care of a speeding ticket. 100 fine, 48 in fees, 50 for driving school, and two days of pay. Ill get a lawyer next time if I'm not a cop yet.

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
7/8/10 11:52 p.m.

I'm starting to get annoyed with my xbox. I get this message when I try to connect to private race "Due to network problems, unable to connect to the other player's system at this time"

Why is this? It lets me go to multiplayer and race online just not join in a private race. Thanks for trying N Sperlo and friedgrncorrado, maybe next time.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/9/10 1:56 a.m.
ZOOMX5 wrote: I'm starting to get annoyed with my xbox. I get this message when I try to connect to private race "Due to network problems, unable to connect to the other player's system at this time" Why is this? It lets me go to multiplayer and race online just not join in a private race. Thanks for trying N Sperlo and friedgrncorrado, maybe next time.

Almost sounds like you need to check the NAT setting on your modem. If it's not 'OPEN', that's probably where your problem lies.

friedgreencorrado
7/9/10 4:12 a.m.
ZOOMX5 wrote: I'm starting to get annoyed with my xbox. I get this message when I try to connect to private race "Due to network problems, unable to connect to the other player's system at this time" Why is this? It lets me go to multiplayer and race online just not join in a private race. Thanks for trying N Sperlo and friedgrncorrado, maybe next time.

Yeah, we saw that. There was some discussion in the room about what kind of modem you had (not manufacturer, but whether it was an "open" or "closed" type), but I'm too ignorant about that kind of stuff to offer any real help.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
7/9/10 8:33 a.m.
ZOOMX5 wrote: I'm starting to get annoyed with my xbox. I get this message when I try to connect to private race "Due to network problems, unable to connect to the other player's system at this time"

I had the same issue last night which caused me to miss the first race. I followed steps 1-3 of this procedure and it seemed to take care of the problem.

I finally understand why it's called the triple awesome racing league, great driving, great stories (Mexican 3.0 csl) and Drift Fusion.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
7/9/10 8:39 a.m.

I had some fun last night too! I think I managed to run all of the Catalunya race without a MAJOR off, but I was a good 4 seconds a lap slower than Fink.

At tsukuba, I got shoved into the wall pretty hard in a big turn one scramble, and it screwed up the rest of the race for me. I did manage to pass a couple people, but two seconds slow at Tsukuba really adds up.

Sorry I had to split, the SO is fretting about her parents coming for a visit, and everything has to be just right!

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/9/10 9:40 a.m.

Good racing from the west coast/late crew. Tom Heath pretty much drove away though. We also had some good runs after the series race. The 73 Porsche rs would make a good spec series too.

1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yJ5wn3rw9W4H93lotbFkBIXOaZIf92IdulHsABp6fAdlwj8q7Twl9AZ6mgD0mVJE