1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 43
racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/29/10 1:38 p.m.

I remember running a Double SARRC at Moroso one year in ITC. I won both races. I was the only car in the top six that was legal on a simple head pull.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/29/10 1:46 p.m.

So, who's racing tonight? I missed last week for UTCC and will miss next week for the Flyin' Miata Summer Camp.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/29/10 2:46 p.m.

In

jg

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/29/10 3:11 p.m.

late run - is this suzuka and road america?

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/29/10 7:19 p.m.

Found out that the pain in my side wasn't from a broken rib, but pneumonnia. I'll try to do what I can to stay awake the whole time

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/29/10 7:21 p.m.

Im in for th main two but then out for some modern warfare. Everyone is welcome to jump on the bandwagon.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/29/10 7:26 p.m.

I'm probably out after all. Too much crap to get ready for a meeting tomorrow. Have fun out there, I'll pop on if I get done with my homework.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
7/29/10 8:04 p.m.

Goin now. If you wanna race, hurry. Rooms at 4

GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
7/29/10 8:35 p.m.

I'm still getting settled. Gotta get some more credits and buy the many DLC's. Then it's on!

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
7/29/10 9:43 p.m.

Wow! I beat fink!

He apperently has one weakness- Pneumonia

I was wondering why you sounded off, but I had to go before I asked.

Hope you get back to your normal arse-kicking soon.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/30/10 10:12 a.m.

Connection and weirdness at the late run. The good news is that everybody won at Suzuka . On the 10th lap - actually right after Glenn had finished, countdown timer running, everyone got kicked to separate lobbies. (Actual finish was Glenn, Col.Tommy, Captslow, N.Sperlo I think). At Road America we had lag issues. While Glenn took off from the pack after turn 1, other cars were bouncing around. It looked like I was going to have a tight race with N.Sperlo, then his car went into a wall (lag going into turn 5 sent him straight into the barriers). Glenn, Bobofthefuture, ColTommy, Capt.Slow, N.Sperlo. Ekowmensa and laguna roadster were out there, but couldn't get connected to our lobby which was a bummer. It makes it interesting with lots of cars on the grid.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/30/10 10:50 a.m.

Wish I could have stayed up to run the late room. It was all I could do to finish the last lap there at Le Mans without falling asleep.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
7/30/10 12:53 p.m.

I'm still having router problems, hopefully I can resolve them by next week... someone needs to out there making you guys look good and that someone is me.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/30/10 3:40 p.m.

The ''wall'' I hit was that invisible one in the middle of the track. I believe they call it the Dale Earnhardt Memorial Wall. Anyway, im driving alog happy as can be when WHAM go up in the air shiny side on the wrong side. Needless to say getting out of the valley was a moot point. Ill prolly be rolling that GTR with what i assuume is an rb20et in it.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/30/10 10:28 p.m.

At least it wasn't all for nothing...

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/31/10 1:27 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: At least it wasn't all for nothing...

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A(no filter word yet) Off.

Anybody who's not been able to join "official" 3AL races, just come play with us when you see us online. I just had some great fun with oldtin, BobOfTheFuture, racerfink, and a new guy (sorry I couldn't remember your nym, dude! I think I accepted your FR, but if I didn't send me another one!) We were just fooling around, and had some great fun, even though we weren't quite "legal" for the 3AL. (Bob, that means your Mustang, and my CSL.. ).

I'll suggest that anytime you fire up the xbox, if you see anybody else from GRM in a private race, punch the "join game" button. I'd rather lose to you guys, than lose to another insipid "Halo" player in the public lobbies...

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
7/31/10 2:27 a.m.

Yes, that was alot of fun, A damned good night

friedgreencorrado
8/1/10 12:14 a.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: Yes, that was alot of fun, A damned good night

Awww, yeah! Hope I don't get the banhammer, but gotta admit...I'm replying to a post 21hrs old just to try to keep the thread on the top. I'm serious-even when it's not an "official" race, it's better to run with other GRM folks than it is with most of the idiots in the public lobbies..

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/1/10 1:08 a.m.

Great playing with you guys last night! Just finished my Z car for the league. looking forward to seeing how I do. I think I might have set it up to be a handler and might not be able to keep up with you guys. That said looking forwad to hitting a late night race again.

Gamertag: ekowmensah (my name is pronounced echo)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
8/1/10 1:42 p.m.
flash_e_gt wrote: Great playing with you guys last night! Just finished my Z car for the league. looking forward to seeing how I do. I think I might have set it up to be a handler and might not be able to keep up with you guys. That said looking forwad to hitting a late night race again. Gamertag: ekowmensah (my name is pronounced echo)

A handler should be able to keep the center of the field. Will you be able to connect this time??

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/1/10 10:15 p.m.

Yep, sorted out whatever problem I was having. Used the port forwarding tricks that are out there on the interwebs. Drove a few races the other night but had to use my Supra since I didn't have a car built up. If I have time tonight I'm going to do some test runs with a my car setup with narrower tires and more HP/TQ. I'm thinking I might have gone overboard with tire width and that I'll be getting toasted in the straights.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
8/2/10 3:21 a.m.

Flash, you gotta lean towards higher speed a bit i think.

That and make a tune for LeMans. You need at least 148mph or some serious speed in the curves to make up for it.

Also port fowarding/ unrestricted NAT is pretty much needed for anything on XBOX

Good luck! And look to race with you a bunch in the future. Im pretty excited about next thursday

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/2/10 9:32 a.m.

In FM3, the wider the tires are, the longer they take to heat up. And since these cars are pretty light anyways, you may not get anywhere near the heat needed to get maximum grip from them.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/2/10 10:02 a.m.

That was a lot of fun the other night - although for a little while I thought flash's supra was another AI car (oops). Back on topic - I've noticed that race tires over sport is like a .07g gain. and like bob sez - you need 148+ for top speed. The AI drove away from my alfa at 142 so a leMans tune or different car is in order.

friedgreencorrado
8/3/10 1:09 a.m.
racerfink wrote: Wish I could have stayed up to run the late room. It was all I could do to finish the last lap there at Le Mans without falling asleep.

Just get well, OK?

1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YzoNpdFrSQW7AEEh17MWVzFvDzHEWtZGNrdKaIpUsnlSBRyYJ7Xfm9YeJCR7OObb