1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 43
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
8/3/10 1:12 a.m.

I did save a few replays of us, in the 3AL, and in some of the party races afterwards. I finally tried to give them names and upload them. Anybody that's curious, check my storefront..all should be "free", if not, tell me and I'll fix it.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/3/10 7:31 a.m.

Video's are always free as there's no way to set a price for them, so you should be good!

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/3/10 10:12 a.m.

Thanks for the insights guys, Ill go back in and take a look at my straight away speeds, but I don't recall getting anywhere near that last night when I was doing some testing at the ring. I did drop a tire size and added some power and it helped a ton, and i've been amazed at the improvements just setting up suspension correctly does for the car. (especailly dialing in the appropriate camber front and rear).

friedgreencorrado was up all last night "painting", can't wait to see what you were working on.

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/3/10 10:33 a.m.

BTW, you guys are missing a car from the list of cars that meet the criteria. The 1970's Nissan Skyline also is RWD & is <2.5L. I almost chose it to be different, but in the end i decided that Z was a better "platform".

• Ekow
flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/3/10 10:38 a.m.

BTW, I sent out like 35 invites, friend me up, i'm on a few times a week and always looking to do a little racing (althought recently it feels like all i do is tune)

friedgreencorrado
8/3/10 12:44 p.m.
flash_e_gt wrote: friedgreencorrado was up all last night "painting", can't wait to see what you were working on.

Not much, really. I added kill switches (with OFF stix) and the fire bottle access "circle E" to a couple, decided my Skyline should be sponsored by my favorite (real) Japanese restaurant, and painted up a Z I just built in the sponsorship colors of the (fictional) "Holy Frijoles" Mexican place. I'm also working on & off on a 510 in Paul Newman's 1976 livery.

I'm seriously into SCCA Club Racing history, and planning Dr. Dick Thompson ("The Flying Dentist") and Donna Mae Mims (Think Pink!) Corvettes soon. I had a pretty good Scooter Patrick (Shelby prepared) Toyo 2000GT in F2, but haven't painted one up yet in F3. OTOH, I just might buy that one, I saw the one that one of our guys (Brad, maybe?) had. It was pretty good.

Thompson:

Mims: I'm still doing research, but I'm hoping that `Vette was Pink (like her later cars). Now that would be a hoot on the grid!

I can't tell right now if my problem is my tuning, or my driving. I've been getting the damn hand tremors so much lately that it's a little tough to be smooth with the sticks (off to the doc again, I guess..). I wonder what the box would do if I just plugged my Logitech wheel into it..

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/3/10 2:58 p.m.

I'm definately missing something. My car is kissing 140 max speed, I have a few more tricks to play around with (tire pressure, and narrower tires), but without doing an engine swap and then using the saved money for a sport transmission I'm not sure how you guys are running those speeds. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/3/10 3:01 p.m.

In reply to oldtin (regarding race tires): I'll take a look at how much I save not running race tires, maybe that would pay for a few better speed parts. :-)

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
8/3/10 6:42 p.m.

I can't take credit for my shelby-patrick paint...I bought that one.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
8/3/10 8:45 p.m.

What track are you guys testing your cars on? The 'Ring?

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/3/10 9:04 p.m.

Don't forget you can change final drive ratio with a race transmission. I'm not fast, but noticed my cars got a lot more stable when I started paying attention to tire temps.

friedgreencorrado
8/3/10 11:20 p.m.
Platinum90 wrote: I can't take credit for my shelby-patrick paint...I bought that one.

Tell me where (or, I guess, who)? The one I made in F2 was very popular..I was stoked to see that it was already there in F3. I'd burn some creds on the one you had..it's pretty good!

friedgreencorrado
8/3/10 11:21 p.m.
Hoop wrote: What track are you guys testing your cars on? The 'Ring?

I'm using Laguna Seca to test the handling, and Road Atlanta to test the speed.

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/5/10 12:10 p.m.

Looking forward to driving tonight! Thought you guys might ge a kick out of my driving rig: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56659151@N00/4862821569/in/set-72157623200423633/

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/5/10 12:26 p.m.

Late crew is a week off - I think it's LeMans tonight - at least that's what I've been setting up for. Normally I use Road Atlanta and Catalunya for testing - and Road America - mostly because I'm consistent enough there to really notice differences in tuning instead of inconsistencies in driving.

Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
8/5/10 1:10 p.m.

Hey guys what are the specs for the races? I should be able to get in on it tonight if you'll have me!

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/5/10 1:24 p.m.

Would be great if you can join in... Class C - 425 PI - pre 1976 2.5 liters or under - somewhere in this thread there's a list of eligible cars. I'm not sure if we're still tracking on points...

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
8/5/10 2:25 p.m.

I'm in tonight. What's the planned track? 9PM EST?

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
8/5/10 3:10 p.m.

I am not sure if I will be able to make it tonight or not. If I can it will be at the last possible second....

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/5/10 3:27 p.m.

TRACKS FOR TONIGHT (according to the main page):
- 8/5/10 — Sebring and Twin Ring Motegi

Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
8/5/10 5:04 p.m.

I may not make now either. Father-in-law is taking us out for our anniversary tonight.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/5/10 7:49 p.m.

I'm in for east coast. Gotta wrap up a couple things then I'm getting on line. If I'm still up i may do west as well.

jg

Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
8/5/10 8:02 p.m.

I'm in for East Coast! Sitting on XBL right now waiting for an invite.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
8/5/10 8:28 p.m.

I'm good for the west. Just gotta keep away from the White Castle + Beer + a broken AC unit. It was an interesting morning. Will I be racing alone??

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
8/5/10 9:45 p.m.

East was fun, I didn't quite manage to stay in last place. Doubt I'll be up for the west coast slot.

1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XAU5c3znsE9oiuPMMjT4TzcYXr3ntUJX6RtTYSFf7iMkYBONZ2U0yzRUCEdzNQsl