1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 43
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
8/10/10 11:18 p.m.
racerfink wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: The same. When we were running a Spec Miata series on the Spec Miata Forum board, he was one of the guys running. Jim Daniels was another that was running.

Wow. Just, well..uh, WOW! Fantastic! Damn, I wish the racing games had been this good when I was young. I wonder if the (now, mostly retired) Pro guys from my generation play these things to "get their fix" these days..

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/12/10 12:47 a.m.

So, are we running later tonight? Spec Miata? Australian V-8's? DTM's? All three and more at some point?

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
8/12/10 9:47 a.m.

I'm waiting on my new Live Gold card to show up - I was too cheap to pay full price when WallyWorld had a 12 month card for $35 ship-to-store. Only Wally wouldn't match their online price though to the stack of cards they had in the store so I have to wait for it to show up - it's been 2 weeks now. How long does it take to ship a stupid credit-card-sized piece of plastic to the store?! Should be here today, I hope, in which case I'll be in tonight and will run (at the back of the pack) whatever anyone wants, so longs as I can actually get it set up in time.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
8/12/10 10:16 a.m.

Pigeon, you're going to have to fight me for last place. Spot number 8 is mine and I defend it with frequent off track excursions, wall incursions and gross general ineptitude.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
8/12/10 10:20 a.m.

Racerfink, I ran with your (miata?) buddies earlier this week, they're a fantastic group, good banter, good driving and lots of patience for my crappy (bourbon fueled) driving. They didn't even get mad when I punted someone at the start and caused an enormous fracas. Good sports, hope to run with them again.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/12/10 11:06 a.m.

So how about a spec miata series-built to racerfink spec - E class, PI=269

Week 1: Road Atlanta/Sebring Club

Week 2: Mazda Laguna Seca/New York - old circuit

Week 3: Catalunya National/Mugello Club

Week 4: Tsukuba/Suzuka East

week 5: Sunset Peninsula/Sebring Full

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/12/10 11:44 a.m.

I am all for lower class spec racing, super competitive. Mainly because I make catastrophic errors or end up drifting the super fast cars.

Ill build a SM tonight

I know im a noob to this board and dont want to step on anyones toes, I have ran a few spec series of races on FM2 and FM3, some of the more competitive ones we ran were an AE86 Cup (220hp low A class), and Spec E30 (240hp B450).

Also got into preliminary testing on a Small Bore touring car series which had promise but never had a chance to really more than a few test races (1990 or newer, 1.8-2.0L, 299hp limit, car 2300lbs or higher, B500).

I have more specifics on all the series I set up/ran/tested but don't necessarily want to whore up this page with all the details.

I quickly hosted a document here with more info http://www.mediafire.com/?w1g7szdec3lnerr

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/12/10 4:33 p.m.

Do we have a spec. I have a miata but it is DOGGG slow and really not setup to do anything well.

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/12/10 4:36 p.m.

I'm guessing the spec is what was posted on page 29?

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/12/10 4:45 p.m.

That's it. Notice the selection of shorter tracks...Definitely a momentum/pick a good line car. I played around with the damping and it settled down nicely. I got it down to a 1:43.3 at Road Atlanta. In the hands of better drivers it could probably be a 1:39 or better. That's not all that slower than the C class 914 I started last series with.

Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x New Reader
8/12/10 4:55 p.m.

Hey, glad I finally found this thread. I'd be happy to get in on this action myself...what's funny is I indirectly know a few faces already.

Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x New Reader
8/12/10 4:59 p.m.
failboat wrote: Also got into preliminary testing on a Small Bore touring car series which had promise but never had a chance to really more than a few test races (1990 or newer, 1.8-2.0L, 299hp limit, car 2300lbs or higher, B500). I have more specifics on all the series I set up/ran/tested but don't necessarily want to whore up this page with all the details.

I'm in the middle of something like that already with my Aussie friends.

http://ozfm.darkbb.com/wtcc-f48/world-touring-car-championship-rules-and-regulations-t973.htm

It's a great system with some really close racing. I'm actually just coming off a win in it, so it's natural I'd like it

Oh, and sorry for the double post.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/12/10 6:23 p.m.

I should be in this evening for 9pm. I'll be building my car at approximately 8:58. Watch out in the back of the pack.

jg

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
8/12/10 6:43 p.m.

oh Jeez JG is going to be there!!! I had better make sure I don't get stuck at work until late again...

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
8/12/10 6:45 p.m.

I should be on later tonight.

Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x New Reader
8/12/10 9:18 p.m.

Do I have permission to appear tonight?

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/12/10 9:23 p.m.

I'll send a friend request (gt = colonel tommy) - if you see me online, just join in. If there's a lot of folk, we can always open a second room. It's so much nicer racing with GRMers than the gamers. The driving is better, the talk is better - I rarely go for public lobbies any more - although I did have some good dicing with a french guy the other night.

Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x New Reader
8/12/10 9:27 p.m.

Ok, thanks mate.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/12/10 10:03 p.m.

Spec Miata was AW-SUM. Bravo on the spec and on the excellent racing.

jg

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
8/12/10 10:53 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Spec Miata was AW-SUM. Bravo on the spec and on the excellent racing. jg

x2. Nice, really nice car. Tonight was the first time I'd driven it (thanks for waiting while I went and found it on racerfink's storefront, everybody! I haven't figured out how to go directly to somebody's storefront yet, had to search a list of "spec miata" tunes..and thanks to fink for naming that tune something with "GRM" in it!), and I still was right around usually where I am (about 2sec slower a lap than the talented guys) from the beginning. In my case, the "learning curve" doesn't include the new spec at all, this time!

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/12/10 10:55 p.m.

Anyone on for the late run?

Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x New Reader
8/12/10 10:56 p.m.

I'll be around. Someone would need to invite me, though.

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/13/10 6:43 a.m.

great racing last night. I saw oldtin started a room but it was already 11pm by me and I was 5 beers in so I called it a night.

didnt turn on my alarm, slept in and was a little tardy to work...haha

(i was retro hoonage)

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
8/13/10 8:12 a.m.

I'm racing on an ancient crt screen upon which text is all but impossible to read, all night I thought your screen name was 'retro bondage'.

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/13/10 9:53 a.m.

you dont even want to know the nickname i use when I play Mario Kart Wii online....

1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XHeLLet49tX4XT13FdqEoqzJgpjcmViXE63naZQK8luhLKCm8Y9NjjAdlIw894F1