1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43
N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
8/16/10 11:17 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Am I stil the only drifter?
"The grip run will always beat the drift run!" -Nakazato Takeshi I hope you know that's a joke, dude..Takumi actually *beat* him, right? You'd clean my clock, with enough extra time to *set* it for me on Fujimi Kaido. I think drifting's seriously cool, but I still haven't figured out how to do it (other than overcooking a corner, and doing it by accident..), even virtually.

Just hit me up in some free time and well run something easy. Fujimi is actually pretty hard because of all the up and down of it all, although its where i got my 100,000 drift lap.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
8/17/10 9:36 a.m.

Gone through my SM build again fink. I have issue here

Weight Reduction > install "sport weight reduction". I know this does not match up to what a real spec miata has parts wise, but look closely at the weight of your car with this mod, it is 2201. Add in the average (lighter than most of us) driver and this is just about right for a 94, which is 2350 if I remember correctly.

Drivetrain

Clutch > Install "sport clutch" Your new PI should be E201

My car, going step by step, it 2208 lbs after the sport weight reduction, and is E222 after the clutch.

edit- i finished the car per your instructions, and this time it leveled at 269. odd, guess i was missing something the first build

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
8/17/10 9:38 a.m.

I am building by this

racerfink wrote: Here's the specifics from our thread on the SM Forum. Engine and Power Air Filter > Install the "Street Air Filter" Exhaust > Install the "Street Exhaust" Your new PI number should be F188 after these mods. I installed these items because the stock horsepower of the Miata in the game is 127. I am assuming this is flywheel horsepower, and figuring that the best SM motors make 125-130 to the wheels, and I chose to add a couple of mods to try and equalize them (plus, the stock miata in the game is a little slower on lap times than a real sm on tracks I have compared them too) so if you add 10% to 127 to make up for driveline loss it makes the horsepower 139.7, and adding these modifications brings the horsepower to 139 (which might be what sm motors are making on an engine dyno without driveline loss). I don't know exactly how I figured this out, so if it sounds wacky just go with it. Platform and Handling Brakes > Install "Street Brakes" Your new PI should be F189 Springs and Dampers > Install "Race Springs and Dampers" This mod allows full adjustbility (needed to allow for the proper setup later) Your new PI should be F193 Anti Roll Bars > Install "Sport front anti roll bars" and "Sport rear anti roll bars" Your PI should remain F193 Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage > Install the "Race chassis reinforcement and roll cage" Your new PI should be F197 Weight Reduction > install "sport weight reduction". I know this does not match up to what a real spec miata has parts wise, but look closely at the weight of your car with this mod, it is 2201. Add in the average (lighter than most of us) driver and this is just about right for a 94, which is 2350 if I remember correctly. Drivetrain Clutch > Install "sport clutch" Your new PI should be E201 Tires and Rims Go to "Rim Style" all the way to the right first, go to the Team Dynamics wheels and install > "Pro Race 1 or Pro Race 2 (Pro Race 2 is 3lbs lighter) Front Rim Size > Upgrade the Front Rim Size to the first option to the right which will give you a 185/55/15 wheel (don't worry, the tire size will be 205-50-15 later) Rear Rim Size > Do the same as the front Front tire width > install the second option to the right which is "205-50-15" Rear tire width > do the same as the front again Tire compound > install the second tire choice to the right which is "sport tire compound" (these are DOT legal spec tires according to the description) After all the mods your new PI should be E269 (sorry, forgot to document each PI increase) Suspension Tuning The only thing that needs to be spec here is the spring rates, which should be 700 in the front and 325 in the rear. The ride height, alignment, and tire pressures are open to your adjustments, just as in real life, and the only other adjustment that is available is the damping, which I suggest we leave alone to eliminate complications.
flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/17/10 2:41 p.m.

good fun last nigt gents. Looking forward to thursday.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/18/10 12:56 a.m.

I've been experimenting with damping rates, cause I don't think the ones that come 'stock' in the game are very accurate for a Spec Miata. They're certainly stiff even for the 700lb front spring rate we have to run. The Bilsteins that come in the suspension kit are '99 sport model shocks. Good for the street, but a little soft for racing, really. I'll try to get them to where I think it's closer to the real thing.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
8/18/10 1:08 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Am I stil the only drifter?
"The grip run will always beat the drift run!" -Nakazato Takeshi I hope you know that's a joke, dude..Takumi actually *beat* him, right? You'd clean my clock, with enough extra time to *set* it for me on Fujimi Kaido. I think drifting's seriously cool, but I still haven't figured out how to do it (other than overcooking a corner, and doing it by accident..), even virtually.
Just hit me up in some free time and well run something easy. Fujimi is actually pretty hard because of all the up and down of it all, although its where i got my 100,000 drift lap.

Holy cow...100K points? I'd seen that in the achievement list, but didn't realize someone had actually done it! You'd have to school me from the ground up..the only big drifts I've done in Forza are just like the ones I've done IRL...by accident. I don't even know how to tune for it. And thanks for not slamming me for the "Initial D" joke..I really hadn't heard about the drifting culture in Japan, but I'm also an anime fan (side-affect from work), and ID was the first time I'd been exposed to it.

And yeah, I got through some Fujimi stuff in career mode, but just blocked the AI so bad that I woulda been black flagged at a "proper" motor race..

I'm also doing the same thing in FM3 that I did in 2..once I have enough credits/cars to play " Virtual Online Club Racer", I just kinda quit caring about my career mode.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/18/10 6:57 a.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

The good thing about that achievement is, it doesn't care if you use the rewind feature.

But I havn't done mine out of protest. It's not the right achievement for this game.

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/18/10 10:19 a.m.

Drifting is incredibly easy with the MS wheel, its more about your car setup than sheer excessive hp. With the right alignment the car practically countersteers itself and you just have to keep it going the right direction with some slight steering corrections and throttle inputs. I may just feel its that easy since I have had the MS wheel since the day the FM2 came out and been tuning since.

I have a ton of MS wheel drift setups in my storefront for $1k if anyone wants to try them out. My favorite (easier to drift) setups are all labeled as "EPIC".

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/19/10 12:46 p.m.

Spec miatas again tonight? I have mine repainted and ready to roll.

Also downloaded corrado's Integra setup. Maybe I too new and havent sifted through all the posts on this thread, did I miss the post about that car?

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/19/10 1:00 p.m.

mazda laguna seca and old new york

the integras were the first series - like page 2 or 3 of the thread. Good car and can run with a lot of people driving 350 PI cars. At one point I hit top 1% at sebring club in the ITR.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
8/19/10 1:22 p.m.

I picked up fink's SM build off his storefront and should be ready to roll tonight for the first time in a few months, looking forward to it.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
8/19/10 2:39 p.m.

I should be running the SM hopefully tonight. I even painted 'er up cool

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
8/19/10 3:49 p.m.

I should be in, might be in the late room though even though I'm on the East Coast.

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/19/10 4:24 p.m.

im in for the early room

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
8/19/10 5:48 p.m.

I would, but it looks like I am going to be at the Falcons game tonight...woot!

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
8/19/10 8:37 p.m.

Why is my mike not working it was fine earlier today. Sorry for the contact at Laguna, Fink.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/19/10 9:16 p.m.

We had a t-storm around here earlier. I wonder if that led to the early dispersal of the room during Sebring...

Not a problem griffin, I made up for it!

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
8/19/10 9:43 p.m.

Wow, I am slow!

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/19/10 9:47 p.m.

I'll be in for the late run

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
8/19/10 11:15 p.m.

Fink, yep next to last lap at Sebring you disappeared. I kinda blew those first two races being preoccupied with my mike being out I did a bit better after that. I think those first two may have also been me blowing the rust off.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
8/19/10 11:54 p.m.

Im pretty stoked, i almost sorta kinda kept up with the fast guys

friedgreencorrado
8/20/10 2:03 a.m.

I got two wins in the late room tonight! (LOL! That's two more than I ever got in SCCA IRL!) But there were only three of us in there, so I'm sure that's why. Oldtin had half the track (NY street circuit w/o the berkeleying chicanes) on me, and hit the wall down at T1 about three laps from the end, IIRC. First time my "just don't hit stuff" strategy actually worked. I still don't know how I won Laguna, other than flashing back to the "just keep your head down and hit your marks" stuff my car owner used to say back when I raced for real.

BTW: oldtin had better laps than me in both. But..he hit stuff. OTOH, I was only 1sec behind him in lap times than my usual two.

12a Eastern, 9a Pacific on Thursdays...y'all come run with us!!!

friedgreencorrado
8/20/10 2:06 a.m.
racerfink wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: The good thing about that achievement is, it doesn't care if you use the rewind feature. But I havn't done mine out of protest. It's not the right achievement for this game.

I've never touched the rewind button. OTOH, I have certainly chosen the "restart" option ten times for every time the "rewind" would have actually helped me..

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/20/10 5:39 a.m.

rewind is definately nice if you have a controller issue. a few months ago when I would upshift the car would go up 2 gears. which depending on the car could really suck.

go figure now everytime I dive into the first corner of Laguna Seca, the spec miata has been upshifting to 4th instead of down to 2nd, but its not a hardware issue....

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
8/20/10 12:36 p.m.
failboat wrote: rewind is definately nice if you have a controller issue. a few months ago when I would upshift the car would go up 2 gears. which depending on the car could really suck. go figure now everytime I dive into the first corner of Laguna Seca, the spec miata has been upshifting to 4th instead of down to 2nd, but its not a hardware issue....

I was having the same issue. Yes it is a hardware issue. That damn thumb just isn't working right.

1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KDyLVYYFwzRdjoD3ycoRTGakAbsf3ntj91owS5smkf75sP9VqKFOpbKbkKx8EYjh