1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43
oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/20/10 1:00 p.m.

In NY I was running about a sec and a half slower than I've done before - got a little too aggressive looking for that time. Definitely something to be said for not hitting things. And at Laguna, I just flat out got outdriven. We've had some good runs with differences in lap times (and overall times) only in the hundredths of seconds. The other night there was a run with a best lap time difference of 1/1000th of a second.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
8/20/10 3:46 p.m.

Id like to try the stock cars on the high speed test track (i think thats what it is). should mimmic a dirt track because of the fact that there is no banking. no more stock cars on iberian mini though...

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/20/10 4:06 p.m.

I was playing around with some cars just now....the 2010 MX5 superlight concept....add suspension and tires only...and its extremely similar to the spec miatas in every aspect other than rim diameter.

PI E269, Its down a little power but has a little less weight and more torque. 205 tire width. Higher speed rating but appears to be slightly less in all other categories as ranked by the game.

HMMMMMMM

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/20/10 4:09 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Id like to try the stock cars on the high speed test track (i think thats what it is). should mimmic a dirt track because of the fact that there is no banking. no more stock cars on iberian mini though...

that was like a messy nascar autocross. would have been helpful if i'd been on that course before

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
8/20/10 11:29 p.m.
oldtin wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Id like to try the stock cars on the high speed test track (i think thats what it is). should mimmic a dirt track because of the fact that there is no banking. no more stock cars on iberian mini though...
that was like a messy nascar autocross. would have been helpful if i'd been on that course before

Yeah. I figured if I couldn't get around the place in a Spec Miata, I had no business trying it in a NASCAR beast.

It's weird..I did the same thing in FM2..once I got enough money and cars to play "Online Club Racer" as much as I wanted, I stopped playing career mode, and skipped the fictional tracks altogether in my lobbies.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/22/10 12:11 p.m.

There's a few good fictional tracks though. Sunset, Maple Valley, Sedona (the club tracks especially, in lower classes), and two of the Montserrat tracks.

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/22/10 3:30 p.m.

I was playing around this morning building a FR500S mustang spec racer. All things considered I got as close to real specs as I could, the car is super fun to drive. Free setup on my storefront, its B500.

DubNik78
DubNik78 None
8/22/10 7:36 p.m.

I just found this site while flipping through the latest issue of Grassroots. I'd be interested in joining in on some Forza 3 spec racing. I'm waiting for my Elite to get back from micro soft. But add me as a friend if you want. Gamertag is dub nik78. Hopefully I'll see you guys on the track.

friedgreencorrado
8/22/10 7:49 p.m.
racerfink wrote: There's a few good fictional tracks though. Sunset, Maple Valley, Sedona (the club tracks especially, in lower classes), and two of the Montserrat tracks.

I actually like Maple Valley (long and short), Sunset Peninsula Club & Full (if that's the "roval" I'm thinking of). And I'd forgotten all about Sedona Club (Sedona Full's kind of "cartoonish" to me), I like it a lot.

And of course, just as in FM2..I have a healthy dislike of any course named after a snake. They gave me the download for free, I wonder if I could trade them all in for Nurburgring GP.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/22/10 7:52 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

Nurb GP is half price right now.

friedgreencorrado
8/22/10 7:58 p.m.
oldtin wrote: In NY I was running about a sec and a half slower than I've done before - got a little too aggressive looking for that time. Definitely something to be said for not hitting things. And at Laguna, I just flat out got outdriven. We've had some good runs with differences in lap times (and overall times) only in the hundredths of seconds. The other night there was a run with a best lap time difference of 1/1000th of a second.

Not trying to "rub it in", but I have to admit..I'm kinda proud of that Laguna race. I just kind of waited for y'all to crash at NY, but Laguna was different. I didn't choke or overdrive the thing when you were catching me, for a change. It's definitely the only time I've ever honestly earned anything in the League (not counting the night we drove the 50s Ferraris, because that wasn't a League race).

I'm still mad at m'self for missing the chance to save the Laguna replay. (where's the "GRRRRR!" icon?)

bridman225
bridman225
8/22/10 8:40 p.m.

New guy here. Is there any opportunity for a beginner to take part in the racing? Ive been looking for a spec miata league but it sems they have all died out.

My gamer tag is ------- ALPHA MAGNUM.

please send me an invite if ever you need some more participation. thanks!

friedgreencorrado
8/22/10 8:59 p.m.
racerfink wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: Nurb GP is half price right now.

I'll have to go buy some points, I think I only have 50 at the moment.

Is it just me, or has a lot of stuff for FM3 been rolled back recently?

EDIT: bridman, just send some FRs, a lot us of look for each other on nights the League's not running (IOW, every other night but Thu ), just because we'd rather run with each other than the riff-raff in the public lobbies. I'll try to remember to send you an FR next time I'm on.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/22/10 9:45 p.m.

That's what makes it fun when you can run hard with close cars and close driving. You earned those wins.

friedgreencorrado
8/22/10 10:16 p.m.
oldtin wrote: That's what makes it fun when you can run hard with close cars and close driving. You earned those wins.

Thank you Colonel, that means a lot.

BTW: If I had $8K, we'd be talkin' about your 911 (with plenty of "IT'LL HAVE A GOOD HOME!" pleading on my part). Looks like it's worth right about what you're looking for.

friedgreencorrado
8/23/10 1:46 a.m.

bridman/dubnik..just sent you FRs. If you wanna get in, please do! I think the Gamertag thread is stickied here, but just in case it ain't, here `tiz:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/grm-forza-3-gamertags/23456/page1/

Just remember that when you run with us, we're not just "playing Forza".

We're trying to throw down a place for real racers (BTW: that includes autoXers & rallyXers, AND anybody else who loves our sport, but just doesn't have the dough/time/age to do anything about it yet!!) to get virtual and kick it out.

Just remember to drive the damn thing like there's actually a living, breathing human being in the car next to you..I'm hoping that's going to continue to be the difference between the 3AL and the Public Lobbies..

Oh, and Brad (the founder of The League) isn't "Maroon92" on GRM anymore. He's "Platinum90" now, IIRC. AFAICR, he's still bcbrownell on XBL, tho. He's got some RL stuff going on, so he doesn't get on as often as he used to, but I still gotta "give some props" to the man!!

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/23/10 10:18 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Is it just me, or has a *lot* of stuff for FM3 been rolled back recently?

I guess since they didn't come out with the Jalopnik pack in August, they rolled back the prices on the first five DLC packs.

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/23/10 12:34 p.m.

It was mentioned on their website towards the beginning of the month there will be no more regular monthly DLC. Which I guess means we get it when we get it.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/blogs/turn_10s_forza_motorsport_blog/archive/2010/08/05/forza-motorsport-3-week-in-review-8-6.aspx

Pretty disappointing because the Jalopnik pack was slated for a summer release.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/23/10 1:20 p.m.

Well, Summer doesn't end until Sept. 22nd, so it's still on for that. I just wish we could get one more track. VIR would work.

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/23/10 1:26 p.m.

VIR would be awesome.

I wouldnt mind seeing a Forza 1 track pack either.... Tokyo Route 246, Blue Mountains Raceway, Alpine Ring, Rio, Pacific Shipyards, the autocross layouts.....

friedgreencorrado
8/24/10 12:42 a.m.
racerfink wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote: Is it just me, or has a *lot* of stuff for FM3 been rolled back recently?
I guess since they didn't come out with the Jalopnik pack in August, they rolled back the prices on the first five DLC packs.

Dang, that's the one I actually want. I downloaded the Jalopnik "fancy car" pack because I didn't realize it wasn't the Jalopnik "real car" pack.

I'm sure there was (as usual, when I'm on xBox.. ) some alcoholic haze kicking in at the time I bought the first one..

friedgreencorrado
8/26/10 12:33 a.m.

Comes the dawn, the 26th of August is a Thursday. Triple Awesome Night. Sent some of you new guys FRs, but I work 2nd shift on the East Coast and won't be on until the late room (12a here). Anybody gonna be on early enough for some of these guys to send you FR and get in?

Also, we should name courses/class for the night. If it's SM again, the spec is on racerfink's storefront (except for paint, I haven't touched mine), if it's the original Spec Integra, I've got one for free on my own storefront, and if it's the vintage cars, I may be able to gift you one.

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/26/10 9:25 a.m.

I almost forgot about racing tonight. I made some tweaks to my SM setup to try out, but also wouldnt mind trying the vintage cars if everyone else isnt bored of them already.

Ill be in the early room

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/26/10 9:52 a.m.

Courses for tonight: Catalunya National and Mugello Club circuits - 10 laps, spec miata (PI 269). I'll probably be in the late room. There's usually a few folks who keep going after the official races - so you'll probably have time for a few runs in different cars.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
8/26/10 11:18 a.m.

I may have to get in on the early room tonight.

1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vs227Y7SLTuY8q4WlGqPaBV6OBkMbRUkd9CGeBLoJNOUHdoyROm6M8e8yMxbfAJ3