1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43
Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
9/21/10 10:11 p.m.

Won't be on this week. F1 2010 is out this week...

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
9/22/10 1:12 p.m.

Work is getting me down, I am not sure if I will be able to make it this week...

Id like to see a rally series, with F class cars on small tight rally courses like amalfi coast... would anyone else be interested?

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
9/22/10 1:13 p.m.

Once we decide on a series we should probably update the info page...

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
9/22/10 1:22 p.m.

Just say the word and I'll make the changes. I've been out of the loop on Xbox (kids took it over again) but I might reclaim it again soon.

FWIW, I miss the variety of everybody picking their own car. What about a "rewards" system like they used in World Challenge?

I'm thinking something along the lines of a standard performance index, but the winner's car has to lose 10 P.I. points before the next race?

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
9/22/10 1:53 p.m.

If we were playing split screen we could insist that the winner takes an extra shot of tequila at the end of each race...

failboat
failboat New Reader
9/22/10 4:49 p.m.
failboat wrote: I was playing around this morning building a FR500S mustang spec racer. All things considered I got as close to real specs as I could, the car is super fun to drive. Free setup on my storefront, its B500.
failboat wrote: I know im a noob to this board and dont want to step on anyones toes, I have ran a few spec series of races on FM2 and FM3, some of the more competitive ones we ran were an AE86 Cup (220hp low A class), and Spec E30 (240hp B450). Also got into preliminary testing on a Small Bore touring car series which had promise but never had a chance to really more than a few test races (1990 or newer, 1.8-2.0L, 299hp limit, car 2300lbs or higher, B500). I have more specifics on all the series I set up/ran/tested but don't necessarily want to whore up this page with all the details. I quickly hosted a document here with more info http://www.mediafire.com/?w1g7szdec3lnerr

I will take this opportunity to whore myself.

small bore touringcars + the add or remove PI based on finishing order?

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
9/22/10 6:17 p.m.

I like the idea of "ballast" for finishing order, it should make the racing closer.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
9/23/10 12:48 a.m.
Capt Slow wrote: If we were playing split screen we could insist that the winner takes an extra shot of tequila at the end of each race...

ROFL! I usually have had three or four 5.5% beers (Bud Ice ain't so bad if you chill it to slightly above freezing before you open one.. ) before I even get on the box. Y'all go drink, and maybe the "..pack will come back to me.."

That's just a joke, dude. Actually, my experience in the online "virtual" 3AL isn't much different than my time racing in SCCA Improved Touring for real (not drunk there!!!). Three to five seconds a lap behind some people, three to five seconds a lap ahead of others, depending on the course. Mid-pack. But I'm OK with that..beats not racing at all!

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
9/23/10 2:07 a.m.

Hmmm it is interesting that my best times have been after a beer or two. I must be braking early. So far I'm liking the specs about 90-95% of leveled up. Makes it interesting to see the GRMers running with the cheater cars on the leaderboards. I'd love to see a vintage small bore but don't think there's enough cars like MGs, triumphs, elvas... I'm rambling but up for about anything

friedgreencorrado
9/24/10 1:04 a.m.

Still noticing a bunch of unanswered FRs on the box from some of the folks that have posted up gamertags on the thread. Guys, it ain't just about the League, it's about having enough folks to run with so that we don't have to waste our time running against the cheaters in the disaster known as the FM3 Public Lobbies. If y'all ain't been on the box for a bit, check in and see if my FR is there...if it isn't, I just misspelled something. Send me one, mention GRM, and I'll accept in a heartbeat.

snayson1
snayson1 New Reader
9/24/10 10:34 a.m.

how do i get intouch with someone to join a race in Forza 3?

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
9/24/10 10:53 a.m.

check the sticky in the off topic forum - there's a listing of a bunch of people. Start sending friend requests. Right now we're kinda between series - haven't come up with a formula yet.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
9/24/10 2:55 p.m.

Things were pretty quiet in the late room last night...

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
9/24/10 3:17 p.m.

It was still more noise than the early room made...

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
9/24/10 3:34 p.m.

I doubt it... the late room didn't run as far as I could tell...

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
9/24/10 4:40 p.m.

Then they were equal in volume.

friedgreencorrado
9/25/10 11:01 p.m.

Hey, considering how pathetic the public lobbies are for FM3, why don't we just concentrate for the moment on finding other GRM folks that want to run clean (and without the "cheater" cars), and talk about formulae & meeting nights later?

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
9/26/10 6:47 a.m.

Ive been away from the box for 2 thursdays in a row. Hopefully Ill be around for the next.

I agree about a rally series, that would be cool I think.

The disparity between drivers and tunes will be WAY to hard to "rules" out. Its hard in RL series with pros running the right lines and people showing up reliably every time. Nevermind with people who may be on the wrong line or not braking correctly.

What we should do is once you have final tune post it up for free on your front. That way if you get yer arse handed to you by someone you can DL his/her tune and know for sure next time it was all his/your driving. As you change your tune, post it up!

friedgreencorrado
9/26/10 9:04 p.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: Ive been away from the box for 2 thursdays in a row. Hopefully Ill be around for the next. I agree about a rally series, that would be cool I think. The disparity between drivers and tunes will be WAY to hard to "rules" out. Its hard in RL series with pros running the right lines and people showing up reliably every time. Nevermind with people who may be on the wrong line or not braking correctly. What we should do is once you have final tune post it up for free on your front. That way if you get yer arse handed to you by someone you can DL his/her tune and know for sure next time it was all his/your driving. As you change your tune, post it up!

That's a great idea. And I know I'll need nomex for this..but I'm still wondering if we should turn the line off (makes it less videogame and more of a racing challenge IMO), and the damage to "limited" (not all the way up to "simulation", because it's so difficult to see around you). Thoughts, anyone?

friedgreencorrado
9/26/10 9:07 p.m.
snayson1 wrote: how do i get intouch with someone to join a race in Forza 3?

And don't forget to post up your xBox usertag in the stickied thread if it's different than your GRM nym. When I recieve that FR, I need to know it's you.

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
9/28/10 7:28 p.m.

Hey guys, How about we just choose a car every week and just run stock classes (I know...they aren't my favorite either...? We did that a few weeks ago and it worked out pretty well. That way nobody has to "waste time" working on setup just to run other dudes running similar setups.

OR

If someone wants to setup and lock a car (and paint scheme so we know it's the spec for the night) we could all just grab it and then all drive whatever tracks we pick for the night.

I particualrly liked the night when we had a full house and we were running SHORT tracks with CPU cars to make as much traffic as possible.

failboat
failboat New Reader
9/29/10 11:28 a.m.

I may be out for a few months now....we are now officially in the process of buying our first house.

Unfortunately that means certain things are getting packed up and ready for the move, one of which is my microsoft wheel, and my xbox isnt hooked up to the net for the time being.

In the meantime I have been borrowing Red Dead Redemption from my brother that I fire up when I have free time, its pretty incredible.

I dont anticipate logging onto Live until December or so, unless something crazy happens like the next Jalopnik car pack drops.

friedgreencorrado
9/29/10 3:34 p.m.
failboat wrote: I may be out for a few months now....we are now officially in the process of buying our first house. Unfortunately that means certain things are getting packed up and ready for the move, one of which is my microsoft wheel, and my xbox isnt hooked up to the net for the time being. In the meantime I have been borrowing Red Dead Redemption from my brother that I fire up when I have free time, its pretty incredible. I dont anticipate logging onto Live until December or so, unless something crazy happens like the next Jalopnik car pack drops.

RDR is why I'm out of practice. Damn addicting game (unlike most of my friends, I'm trying to keep Marston a good guy. So far, so good). Doesn't help that with that "Dead-Eye" feature, it's one of the few FPS that I can still play at my age. I love the thing.

Don't know about Thu yet, I'm going to Petit and haven't decided if I'm leaving Thu or Fri.

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
9/30/10 9:18 a.m.

I may be done with Forza anyways. After hyping their "Big Announcement" since last Friday, they delayed it to today.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Forza_Motorsport_3_Ultimate_Collection/

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Top_Gear_Forza_Motorsport_3/

So, basically a $60 DLC pack (and really, you're buying a whole lot of cars that you've already bought as DLC earlier), unless they offer it for DLC to VIP edition (or even regular edition) owners. But so far, I've seen nothing saying that they will.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
9/30/10 6:50 p.m.

Ill continue to play forza, but i did get dirt 2 and its a good way to get off the asphalt. Lets you get a little dirty and bump into some people. I figured since this WAS Grassroots, someone might want to get a little dirty.

1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6Edbp0TXLtjBLrjsNLwmCEhHPk3oFyiqLocIqjJqst7dt9x6tOQgghxnblZvXX67