1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 65
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/17/13 8:28 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I do. A.) its none of their business. and 2.) it's NONE OF THEIR berkeleyING BUSINESS.

and III.)

IT IS NONE OF THEIR MOTHERberkeleyING BUSINESS!

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/17/13 8:30 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: I do. A.) its none of their business. and 2.) it's NONE OF THEIR berkeleyING BUSINESS.
and III.) IT IS NONE OF THEIR MOTHERberkeleyING BUSINESS!

You forgot IV.) I don't want any one entity to be in charge of anything

oh, and V) It's none of their damn business

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/17/13 8:31 a.m.

I think the thing that really chafes my balls is that all this knee-jerk-feel-good-bs will do NOTHING to solve the actual issues. NOT. A. DAMN. THING.

But what has facts, reasoning and reality got to do with baseless emotional opinions?

1/17/13 8:35 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: You forgot IV.) I don't want any one entity to be in charge of anything - Section C.1 Unless that entity is me

FTFY

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/17/13 8:39 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: You forgot IV.) I don't want any one entity to be in charge of anything - Section C.1 Unless that entity is me
FTFY

No way, dude, I don't want control of anything. I had a conversation with a bonefide statist once, who said, literally "I wish I could just control how much money people want to make"

Whoa. I'm not like that. I want to control my own property, my own privacy, and have a representative who I elect to listen to me and not screw things up for me.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/17/13 8:39 a.m.

Speaking off registering things, GPS, did you have to register that BMW with the FAA?

1/17/13 8:40 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Speaking off registering things, GPS, did you have to register that BMW with the FAA?

No but I have been told to stay away from nuclear power plants unless I'm just doing donuts to gain altitude.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/17/13 8:41 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I think the thing that really chafes my balls is that all this knee-jerk-feel-good-bs will do NOTHING to solve the actual issues. NOT. A. DAMN. THING. But what has facts, reasoning and reality got to do with baseless emotional opinions?

I'm going to actually argue with you a bit here, some of what the 23 point thing will do could potentially help some of these issues from arising.

Now, what they did in NY is what you speak of, that nonsense won't do anything but disarm the populace. I want to ask the governor, "Mr Cuomo, how do you intend to have your citizens sell their standard 13 (or whatever) round magazine out-of-state for a (not yet built) 7 round version if you don't allow them to sell mags online?"

1/17/13 8:43 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
FTFY
No way, dude, I don't want control of anything. I had a conversation with a bonefide statist once, who said, literally "I wish I could just control how much money people want to make" Whoa. I'm not like that. I want to control my own property, my own privacy, and have a representative who I elect to listen to me and not screw things up for me.

When I said "me" I literally meant Me. Unless I am the Supreme Leader then I don't want anyone else to have the job. Petty, I know, but if anyone is filling the trenches with the bodies of every idiot on the planet (according to my own rules)... I'm the only one I trust to do it right.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/17/13 9:02 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: Whoa. I'm not like that. I want to control my own property, my own privacy, and have a representative who I elect to listen to me and not screw things up for me.

Wow, you really are dreaming aren't you!

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/17/13 10:45 a.m.
SCARRMRCC wrote:
neon4891 wrote: And backround checks on ammo, including going on a watch list for buying "excessive quantities" of ammo. Does this mean the state is going to know when I buy a 500rd brick of .22LR?
honestly, who cares if they do? Hell, I would buy my ammo FROM THE GOVERNMENT, if they would give me a good price on it. the only people that think 2,000 rounds is a lot, are people that don't understand guns. 2,000 rounds is easy used up in a day at the range, between me and my buddies.

E36 M3, back in November we burned through nearly 10000rds at my house in under 4 hours....

Granted that was 30-40 people, and it sounded like an active warzone for that time period.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
1/17/13 10:50 a.m.

I could care less about being on a watch list, I just think that it is asinine. That, and how long will the ammo background check take. I don't want to spend a half hour waiting to buy a box of ammo.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/17/13 11:17 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: I could care less about being on a watch list, I just think that it is asinine. That, and how long will the ammo background check take. I don't want to spend a half hour waiting to buy a box of ammo.

i have to think that is kinda the point, to make it as much a pain in the ass as possible for you to buy ammo. while you might not care if the government is tracking when and how much ammo you buy right now, what is to stop them from putting limits on, say, the number of rounds you can buy per month? "sorry, but you're only allowed to buy 500 rounds per month and you've already hit your limit, come back next month."

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
1/17/13 11:27 a.m.

What about reloaders? My father-in-law reloads his own ammo. He has hundreds of thousands of rounds in different calibers that he reloads. They going to start imposing limits on that?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/17/13 11:33 a.m.

What did I miss? I didn't know they were talking about putting limits on ammo.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/17/13 11:41 a.m.

In reply to Conquest351:

There are limits as to how much propellant you can possess at once, but thats mainly for fire code sake. Here, I believe it is 6-8 pounds of powder. Which, naturally pending the round, should be sufficient for batches of 3-4000 rounds.

That said, nobody here follows those. I have more than that, I know some people around me order theirs in Keg barrel quantities.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/17/13 11:57 a.m.

They're talking about requiring online ammo purchases to go through an FFL just like a gun purchase. This will jack the price up a bit, making online sales less worthwhile if they are not for large quantities.

It's also useless for spree killers who are trying to die famous.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
1/17/13 12:17 p.m.

Question for the masses here:

I have heard both that background checks are NOT done at gun shows and that they ARE done at gun shows. What's the beef?

Clearly, selling something in the parking lot does not, but at a booth, do all sellers do (required to do) background checks?

Really hard to separate the hype from the reality sometimes....

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/17/13 12:20 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Question for the masses here: I have heard both that background checks are NOT done at gun shows and that they ARE done at gun shows. What's the beef? Clearly, selling something in the parking lot does not, but at a booth, do all sellers do (required to do) background checks? Really hard to separate the hype from the reality sometimes....

Its a felony too sell a gun to a felon. Its in ones best interest to do a background check. That may be why some do and some don't. When I buy at a gun show, they check.... Cuz I'm seedy looking.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/17/13 12:20 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Personally owned at a gun show are generally not transferred via the 4473 and NICS check....if the person selling is a FFL(dealer), you can bet your arse theres a 4473 and NICS check done.

90%+ at gun shows are done through dealers.

I bought my M1 at a gun show from an old man at a booth. He worked for the shop, but the rifle was from his personal collection.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/17/13 12:28 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Cuz I'm seedy looking.

No way dude, you look like a gentleman to me

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/17/13 12:29 p.m.

In reply to tuna55:

I was expecting that.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
1/17/13 12:34 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to aircooled: Personally owned at a gun show are generally not transferred via the 4473 and NICS check....if the person selling is a FFL(dealer), you can bet your arse theres a 4473 and NICS check done. 90%+ at gun shows are done through dealers. I bought my M1 at a gun show from an old man at a booth. He worked for the shop, but the rifle was from his personal collection.

In some states all transactions require a check, in some states just handguns.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/17/13 12:37 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to aircooled: Personally owned at a gun show are generally not transferred via the 4473 and NICS check....if the person selling is a FFL(dealer), you can bet your arse theres a 4473 and NICS check done. 90%+ at gun shows are done through dealers. I bought my M1 at a gun show from an old man at a booth. He worked for the shop, but the rifle was from his personal collection.

Correct. Purchased at a booth/dealer there is always a 4473. Purchased from a person walking around the show with a "for sale" sign no.

The whole "gun show loophole" is retarded terminology.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/17/13 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

And it rarely happens anyways, because people normally put new prices on their used E36 M3 they carry around.....

1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uTTYSRWk6tA9iI1jTt7pHK5DD5jLBMjRVGHU0TcKSq2XdMSEAR3OGu5ZhFw4sMxo