1 ... 5 6 7
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/18/23 9:11 a.m.

^Fantastic!

My mom and her husband were in town to visit us last month, so we stopped by one of the used record shops. Found original pressings of:
"Rush.....Exit Stage Left"
"Thin Lizzy....Live and Dangerous"

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
9/18/23 10:35 a.m.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/29/23 12:30 p.m.

Hello, Tuna!  And everyone else!

I am looking for a turntable for No. 1 Son who wants a turntable for Christmas.  (Yeah, I don't know where I went wrong! laugh)

I love that the U-turn is made in the US in Massachusetts.  How's the long-term review?  You've had it for like 2 years, right?  Still recommended?

Considering Fluance also, and the usual suspects.  I'd consider vintage since my old JVC is still working fine, but his Yamaha A/V Receiver lacks a phono preamp and I don't really want to go the separate phono amp route.  Leery of the new stuff, since some of the reviews seem to call into question the overall quality.  Budget is maybe 500 max.

Would you still recommend the U-Turn?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/29/23 2:31 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

Hello, Tuna!  And everyone else!

I am looking for a turntable for No. 1 Son who wants a turntable for Christmas.  (Yeah, I don't know where I went wrong! laugh)

I love that the U-turn is made in the US in Massachusetts.  How's the long-term review?  You've had it for like 2 years, right?  Still recommended?

Considering Fluance also, and the usual suspects.  I'd consider vintage since my old JVC is still working fine, but his Yamaha A/V Receiver lacks a phono preamp and I don't really want to go the separate phono amp route.  Leery of the new stuff, since some of the reviews seem to call into question the overall quality.  Budget is maybe 500 max.

Would you still recommend the U-Turn?

Yes! It's been flawless. We listen to it often. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/29/23 2:56 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

Does yours have the cueing lever?  One thing I've discovered is that the U-turn is completely manual.  I'm trying to decide how I feel about not being semi-automatic (auto lift and stop), but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't give up the cueing lever.  Dropping the stylus manually into the groove feels a bit too Neanderthal to me.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/29/23 3:12 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

In reply to tuna55 :

Does yours have the cueing lever?  One thing I've discovered is that the U-turn is completely manual.  I'm trying to decide how I feel about not being semi-automatic (auto lift and stop), but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't give up the cueing lever.  Dropping the stylus manually into the groove feels a bit too Neanderthal to me.

Yes ours has that lever and we use it every time.

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BvvgVPk5J8TqoP8VcgnVI6vIfgF8yZq1XLdKci3yqHaxVc6B04I4kF6CmJ8P1d0s