1 ... 8 9 10
mattm
mattm GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/27/13 11:32 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
mattm wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
Flight Service wrote: In reply to nicksta43: Do you REALLY want me to post Duck Dynasty appropriate girlie pictures?
I've never seen the show, but the women of that family are certainly different than the young girl pictured above with the possum.
No surprise here. Those girls are all from a wealthy family. This family is in no way equivalent or similar to people you know. These girls can afford to go to NYC for fashion and their everyday existence is in no way similar to what you are familiar with.
Indeed. I had typed - and then deleted - a long-ish paragraph in which I repeated the opinion offered many pages ago that the entire beards-and-rednecks persona was fabricated for TV purposes The truth, though, is that it doesn't matter. I'm certainly a different person than I was years ago....different hobbies, habits and such. They could have changed, too, with the TV persona being an accurate representation of who they are now.

Then what is with all the links to those pictures? Now the story is that we have all changed over the years but that this particular family has or hasn't changed into something you happen to appreciate? Reality tv is fun don't you think?

mattm
mattm GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/27/13 11:40 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
ronholm wrote: When Phil Robertson went to his interview with CQ magazine, A&E sent a publicist along. This is common practice. They are there to make sure the interview goes well and to squelch things in case they don’t.[...]
You should identify the source of this post...it's NewsBusters, which is slightly more level-headed than Alex Jones.

+1

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
12/28/13 12:34 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
mattm wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
Flight Service wrote: In reply to nicksta43: Do you REALLY want me to post Duck Dynasty appropriate girlie pictures?
I've never seen the show, but the women of that family are certainly different than the young girl pictured above with the possum.
No surprise here. Those girls are all from a wealthy family. This family is in no way equivalent or similar to people you know. These girls can afford to go to NYC for fashion and their everyday existence is in no way similar to what you are familiar with.
Indeed. I had typed - and then deleted - a long-ish paragraph in which I repeated the opinion offered many pages ago that the entire beards-and-rednecks persona was fabricated for TV purposes The truth, though, is that it doesn't matter. I'm certainly a different person than I was years ago....different hobbies, habits and such. They could have changed, too, with the TV persona being an accurate representation of who they are now.

Just gonna put this out there, my wedding pictures show me clean shaven with shorter hair, too. I haven't gone full duck dynasty on fashion, I prefer plaid to camo, but my hair is nearly that long and I had maybe half of that beard recently.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
12/28/13 1:18 a.m.

^ Same here.

When I wed my lovely bride some 20+ years back, I was clean shaven and had my "LA Hair Metal" 'do chopped into "not quite a mullet". Nowadays, my hair is somewhere in between and I have had my goatee for a few years now.

Not much camo, except for a pair of shorts in the summer and hat in the winter. Plaid, not so much... I prefer hoodies.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/28/13 4:27 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: You should read the threads you start. I posted he was let back on the show 3 days ago. As I predicted, a giant publicity stunt.

3 days ago, there was no official confirmation- at that time, google showed just a bunch of gossip pages saying gossip page stuff..

regarding the family: i've honestly never watched more than about 2 minutes of the show, but i believe they are mostly authentic. i interact with people on other boards that claim to know them, and they say the way they are shown is legit. they had the beards and what not long before they got the tv show- in fact, they got the tv show because of the beards and what not.. they are savvy hard working businessmen that happen to have facial hair and like having a good time in generally stupid redneck fashion- which is something that should be appreciated by everyone on a board that is mostly dedicated to keeping obsolete junk cars in (mostly) operating condition..

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yCCeLngPR86WjxEwJube2VAKSykLYTfSQHyeuih67VtvhOwentgRGz5IdGEE19Kf