1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
6/8/11 9:09 p.m.
John Brown wrote: 9 years and two big boys later, I'd still chase her around the restaurant.

Yes, but that's because she's chasing the boys with the fork screaming at the top of her lungs "STOP THAT"

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
6/9/11 12:35 a.m.

Married twelve years next month

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 4:56 a.m.

Of course my wife is hot. I suspect her vision isn't too good, though, since she picked me

And she's cool, too -- a coach with the Canada's National Rugby program, a varsity university rugby team (Go Gaels!), and she owns a Miata and autocrosses it when not coaching. She also owns half of the Elise (the "doesn't need gas or tires" half).

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
6/9/11 6:57 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
bravenrace wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: That's in my basement.
Oh really? Wow!!! What do you do with it? (Well, besides the obvious.)

I mostly use it to control the lights and sound on the stage while she pole dances for me.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
6/9/11 7:54 a.m.
John Brown wrote: 9 years and **two big boys** later, I'd still chase her around the restaurant.

So are you two leftover Canadian hippies that are allowing your children to find their own sexual identity, or what?

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
6/9/11 8:45 a.m.

I love this thread!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 9:22 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: In reply to Tom Heath: Tom, if you want to sell your W124 Wagon, please let me know.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's W124 Wagon.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 9:26 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
bravenrace wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: That's in my basement.
Oh really? Wow!!! What do you do with it? (Well, besides the obvious.)
I mostly use it to control the lights and sound on the stage while she pole dances for me.

....and we have a winner!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 9:38 a.m.
Duke wrote:
John Brown wrote: 9 years and **two big boys** later, I'd still chase her around the restaurant.
So are you two leftover Canadian hippies that are allowing your children to find their own sexual identity, or what?

That's the niece, the boys look like this:

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 9:40 a.m.
carguy123 wrote:
John Brown wrote: 9 years and two big boys later, I'd still chase her around the restaurant.
Yes, but that's because she's chasing the boys with the fork screaming at the top of her lungs "STOP THAT"

It is amazing that you know my family so well!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/9/11 9:40 a.m.
Woody wrote:
DrBoost wrote: In reply to Tom Heath: Tom, if you want to sell your W124 Wagon, please let me know.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's W124 Wagon.

Luckily for us both (or not, actually) I did OK trading the Benz in when I picked up the Mazda2.

I found some sneaky rust hiding in the rear quarters under the carpet, and it had just lunched its idler pulley and A/C compressor pulley. (One led to the other.) After pricing out the replacement parts and considering the rust, I was no longer comfortable selling the car to someone I know (even on the internet). Covet away, the Benz is for sale at a local dirt lot now.

Back to the original topic- It's very encouraging to see long, (healthy?) marriages on here. They say that stuff is hard nowadays.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/9/11 10:07 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: They say that stuff is hard nowadays.

You are not berkeleying kiddin'. Every anniversary that passes I get a little choked up with just one thought...

If it had been murder two... I'd be out by now. Marriage is a death sentence.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/9/11 10:14 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: If it had been murder two... I'd be out by now. Marriage is a death sentence.

My condolences ....

When I married Mrs. 914 >30 years ago she had very very long curly hair, a nice shape, washboard stomach, loves to cook and put up with me.

Anything life has thrown at her to change these things, I have not noticed.

Dan

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky HalfDork
6/9/11 10:47 a.m.

Yes. Somehow she gets hotter as she ages. I am a lucky man.

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
6/9/11 12:16 p.m.

You do realize this thread is a potential death sentence for all of us if the S.O.'s find out. Option 1: You post, with picture. Response: You put my picture where? Result: You are killed. Jury walks your wife b/c "You deserved it." Option 2: You post, without picture. Response: So you're embarrassed of the way I look, huh? Result: You are killed. Jury walks your wife b/c "You deserved it". Option 3: You don't post. Response (after having looked through the thread and found no picture or post ) - same as option two. Result: You are killed, only more slowly and painfully, because she had an hour of thread review to get REALLY p.o.'d at you. Jury compromises, finds your wife guilty of lessor offense of improper disposal of a dead body. IMHO - this thread has all the potential upside of "Does this make my butt look big?" That said, I chose option 2: Yes, she's hot, no you're not gettin' pictures.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
6/9/11 12:29 p.m.
Hasbro wrote: ^ If he owns Fallingwater he deserves her.

I'm a big Frank fan, hence the joke. They say Frank never designed a roof that didn't leak like a sieve at some point.

Oh yeah. My wife is way hot.

loosecannon
loosecannon Reader
6/9/11 12:37 p.m.

Yes, my wife is still hot:

keethrax
keethrax HalfDork
6/9/11 12:42 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: she's for sale at a local dirt lot now.

While skimming this thread, the overall context makes that bit read differently than it's supposed to.

Back to the original topic- It's very encouraging to see long, (healthy?) marriages on here. They say that stuff is hard nowadays.

12 and bit years for us. Not as long as some here, but then I'm 33 and have a couple of years on her.

As far as pictures go, I'll just re-use the one posted to sprockets a month and a half ago. Taken the day she bought her bike (and the day after passing her MSF class).

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
6/9/11 12:57 p.m.

This thread almost makes me not completely terrified of marriage. Well done guys.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky HalfDork
6/9/11 1:07 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Got approval first. Heck, she recommended a pic that would make Rep. Weiner blush

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
6/9/11 1:15 p.m.

My wife and I are past the 14-year mark. It's had it's tough times.
The toughest was when our newborn son died. I still get choked up thinking about it, 10 years later. I remember, just weeks into the grieving process we heard statistics that shows a vast number of marriages end due to the fallout of things like that. I knew if we could make it through that, we'd be good for life.
It's still work to keep it going sometimes but, I've never been happier.

Now, if she'd just buy me another GLH she'd be perfect.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
6/9/11 1:16 p.m.
John Brown wrote: That's the niece, the boys look like this:

Dude, he's ripped! Look at that definition.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 1:35 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: Yes. Somehow she gets hotter as she ages. I am a lucky man.

Alright, now who's gonna post a pic that could get them in more trouble with their wife than Cone_Junky has? The gauntlet has been thrown down, any challengers?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/9/11 1:59 p.m.

Easily done, and with more clothes on. I present to you: the pregnant picture.

October_2003 (2)

Conquest351
Conquest351 Reader
6/9/11 2:26 p.m.

The wife in a Cobra replica.

Me and the wife (girlfriend then) getting ready for my friend's wedding.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qZQ3Sue8E1d2j26wwLWh6PmS0uklJr0KqC13cID7tWziOtELjJUzIxLAdwaIf1o9