1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/11/13 2:06 p.m.

Could be. Last article I read was on friday and mentioned it was a bullet graze.... but even if it WAS 3/50 that is absolutely HORRIFIC accuracy from "trained officers".

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
2/11/13 2:31 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Also interesting about the picture. Seems to be at least two different caliber bullets involved. You can see the holes in the tailgate are two styles. One with a more traditional pushed in style the other appears to push out a bit (!?). Maybe a slower larger caliber and a faster smaller caliber (inverse cone affect). Maybe an AR for the smaller holes? The smaller holes also appear to be MUCH less accurate (maybe not an AR). The big ones are well grouped, the small ones are all over the place.

AR with the fun switch flipped on.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/11/13 2:51 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
RX Reven' wrote: As a Southern California resident, I’m fully committed to exploiting the fact that I’ve got two week old rubber all around on the RX-8 and the probability of getting stopped for anything less than a capital offense in the next few days is approaching zero. Sylmar to Thousand Oaks world land speed record attempt in 3, 2, 1
That, or have the 8 riddled with bullets.

Given that Police Chief Beck gave his last press briefing from an underground bunker, I’m not too worried.

All hat and no cattle, or in this case, pretty big mustache for a guy that rides side saddle.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/11/13 2:54 p.m.

Look at the positives... if they were any less incompetent they might have killed someone.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/11/13 2:56 p.m.
RX Reven' wrote: pretty big c0ck broom for a guy that rides side saddle.

FTFY

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/11/13 2:59 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Look at the positives... if they were any less incompetent they might have killed someone.

BWAHAHAHAHA! You, sir, owe my employer a keyboard.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/11/13 4:04 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
N Sperlo wrote:
Javelin wrote:
Woody wrote: I wonder if they hit the bumper? I need a bumper...
They hit everything but the suspect.
No, they hit them too... Juuuust not the suspect they were expecting.
2 out of 50, plus a ricochet. Not exactly, "hitting"...

If you throw enough lead downrange you are bound to occasionally hit something.you are aiming at

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/12/13 7:26 a.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

I don't think what they are doing can ever be called "aiming". "Pointing in the general direction and mag dumping" might be more accurate.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/12/13 7:37 a.m.

A hit is a hit. Doesn't matter how many tines you fire. It doesn't matter if its a graze or a kill shot, its a hit.... I feel like I am part of a F&F script for saying that...

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/12/13 7:38 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: In reply to JoeyM: I don't think what they are doing can ever be called "aiming". "Pointing in the general direction and mag dumping" might be more accurate.

What I don't understand is how the grouping was so good... in the front of that lady's MDX. She had six holes in it, all within maybe 1-2 feet radius on the front bumper. Considering her car wasn't ever in the pictures, it must have been 20-30 yards beyond the "target". You're telling me that someone could hit the back of a pickup truck from 20 yards away, but they can group 1-2 feet from 50 yards away?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/12/13 7:47 a.m.

Likely a round of buckshot. 50 yards would make about a 2-foot "pattern" with the 9 .32caliber pellets.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/12/13 10:07 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: In reply to JoeyM: I don't think what they are doing can ever be called "aiming". "Pointing in the general direction and mag dumping" might be more accurate.
What I don't understand is how the grouping was so good... in the front of that lady's MDX. She had six holes in it, all within maybe 1-2 feet radius on the front bumper. Considering her car wasn't ever in the pictures, it must have been 20-30 yards beyond the "target". You're telling me that someone could hit the back of a pickup truck from 20 yards away, but they can group 1-2 feet from 50 yards away?

Volume of fire......I'll guess that grouping in the mdx was just slightly to the side of the truck and some dumbass was slightly missing to one side or the other

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/12/13 3:45 p.m.

He's back at it.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
2/12/13 4:41 p.m.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-surrounded-by-police-in-cabin-after-gun-battle-2-officers-hurt.html

peter
peter HalfDork
2/12/13 4:44 p.m.

Just watched a live feed of the road block. Watched an officer direct a vehicle by waving his pistol and another one using his M4 like a flashlight to "look" into the vehicle.

We're one sneeze away from some poor civilian getting hit by an accidental discharge. Never mind the fact that the officers nearby will all unload their mags in that general direction without identifying a target first....

Why the hell are they allowed to use these weapons/tactics if they obviously don't know WTF they're doing?

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/12/13 5:01 p.m.

listening to the live scanner feed now. reports of hostages, another "coyote sighting" with location and travel direction. lots of all-over

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
2/12/13 5:15 p.m.

Sounding more and more like a movie plot.

I should probably find somewhere else to go snowboarding, I drive a blue sedan and I don't want to get shot.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
2/12/13 5:43 p.m.

Uhhh, I just heard "possible rocket" on the scanner.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
2/12/13 5:58 p.m.

Watching this feed:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=8990289

Kinda fun to watch the cars in the line... So far the highlights have been an NB Miata and a MazdaSpeed3

drainoil
drainoil Reader
2/12/13 6:13 p.m.

CNN just reported a cop was just killed near the cabin. Should make the pig cop haters happy.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
2/12/13 6:18 p.m.

The cabin he's supposedly in is now on fire...

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/12/13 6:20 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: Uhhh, I just heard "possible rocket" on the scanner.

Actual scanner? Phone app? Website? I've got a scanner in the basement. Never figured out how to use it.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
2/12/13 6:21 p.m.

More shots being fired

FFRY
FFRY New Reader
2/12/13 6:28 p.m.

I'm using the iPad app "cop radio" app.

Click scanners, most popular... It's the most listened to frequency right now.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury Reader
2/12/13 6:29 p.m.

Here's an online scanner feed:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=13038

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IzOkvQv8dthtzNhjVpnn9H0wmX2WB6z9r6DJmxD5ZnhF05HeQ9HizDvE8Azs9kTh