prima
prima
5/27/08 8:23 a.m.

I'm still breaking in a new set of RE 760s on the Maxima so I took the Miata to a SCCA regional autocross in Canyon, TX last weekend. Sunday night I spent the night in Canyon then went to Amarillo and drove Rt. 66 west to Glenrio, TX, then took state route 214 to 385 and back home to Odessa, TX. 645 miles getting 28.5 mpg at mostly 70-75 mph w/ the top down and/or AC on.
Some of it was smoother then the roads on the moon and other parts where rougher than a cobb, the Fuzion ZRi tires didn't help. The route was OK in a empty, lonely west Texas way but some spot were neat. Prowling around Glenrio was fun if you like ghost towns. The stop a Mid-Point Cafe in Adrian, TX was great. Good pie, friendly people, nice gift shop and a tub full on figures from the movie Cars. If they put up a picture of a dirty, dusty green Miata w/ a tan top and a tall skinny dork standing next to the car thats me. The drive home was long but pretty again in a west Texas way. Maybe this fall after a auto-x I'll take Rt. 66 from Amarillo to Texola w/ the Maxima. I love the Miata but the ride is a little easier on the back in the Maxima. I'll let y'all know how the Bridgestones do at the next auto-x. Anyone else driving Rt. 66 this year?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/27/08 8:35 a.m.

I only got to drive part of 66 on my way to Oklahoma.. unfortunately I was driving an 18 foot penski truck with an 8 foot uhaul trailer behind it, so it was not a lot of fun

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vAJzutfs25fiD6AI3VEpwi0hp5n8CmX8GF4u0sCJFojWoBSsQg4AxsqcdukVJorD