1 ... 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 ... 1722
Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/16/22 4:01 p.m.
914Driver said:

There's a battle line out there somewhere .....

Both of those look delicious, but only the one on the left is pizza.  The other is lasagna with bread instead of pasta, AKA "Italian pot pie".

When he defended New York pizza and went on an absolute rage against Chicago  deep dish pizza. | New york pizza, Jon stewart, Food

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/16/22 4:01 p.m.
tuna55 said:
Toyman! said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Probably not. I like some weird ass cars as well as some off-the-wall foods. 

Tacos are invariably made with chili powder, which I find to be particularly nasty. The meats in them are also always overcooked. Overcooked and over-seasoned foods are sacrilege to me. This is not to say all tacos are nasty, but most of them are and given the choice, I'd rather eat something else. 

Pizza is invariably made with some kind of tomato sauce, which is also frequently nasty. There are always too few toppings on it so you end up with a tomato sauce covered piece of dried out bread. There are some white pizzas that are OK, but again given the choice, I'm not buying pizza. 

FB_IMG_1531866234241.jpg

10 MEMES THAT ARE ALL TOO REAL IF YOU'RE DATING A TACO LOVER ...

I will gladly wreck a dozen tacos without even thinking about it, but typical pizza is something I would pass to the next guy. Good pizza is different. The best tacos come from the southern border or the most run down food truck that hasn't driven in fifteen years.

Love real pizza, but sadly my body can't handle tomato sauces well any more. Tacos though.... I will wreck some tacos. But I prefer nachos.

r/memes - THIS IS MY TABLE NACHO TABLE

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/16/22 4:11 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I was about to be up in arms about the tacos (I think everyone knows that as a Chicagoan I'm automatically right about pizza, so no need to go there), until I realized that you were describing white people taco night. Which is disgusting. 

Apologies for the politics in the meme below, just pretend it isn't there as it isn't the point of the meme. 

White People Taco Night Starter Pack : r/starterpacks

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/16/22 4:34 p.m.
tuna55 said:

The best tacos come from the southern border or the most run down food truck that hasn't driven in fifteen years.

This is the way and the light.  But please, legitimate taco trucks only.  Fool me once, shame on you...

I am also down for hole-in-the-wall places directly adjacent to Mexican grocery stores or Western wear shops or tortillerias in run-down strip malls.  Al pastor or fish (Baja style) for me, and keep 'em coming.

I didn't get this fat by accident.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/16/22 5:55 p.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/22 7:25 p.m.
tuna55 said:
I will gladly wreck a dozen tacos without even thinking about it, but typical pizza is something I would pass to the next guy. Good pizza is different. The best tacos come from the southern border or the most run down food truck that hasn't driven in fifteen years.

I have never had good food from a truck though I have had food poisoning from one. It's all been greasy, over-seasoned nastiness to me. Hard pass for me now, I'd rather go home and cook for myself. 

Most restaurant food is over-seasoned to cover up poor-quality food. Chain restaurants, cheap restaurants, and Mexican restaurants do the same thing. Buy the cheapest food you can, dose it with so many seasonings that no one can taste the poor quality, and convince the general public that it's good food. They make big money doing it, and compared to the boxed and prepackaged crap the grocery stores sell it's probably good. 

Unfortunately, I grew up on great food. Fresh meat from the local butcher and vegetables straight out of the ground. I've also cooked it. Seasonings should be subtle things that enhance food, not cover it up with a different flavor. Beef should taste like beef not whatever you cover it up with because you bought cheap beef. 

35 Hilarious Food Memes | Bored Panda

Toyman!
11/16/22 7:32 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Taco kits have been banned from my house for 30 years. The wife cooks tacos on occasion but she makes the meat from scratch and I usually make a taco salad. 

The tacos I had in Mexico were OK, but again not something I would go out of my way to buy. There is so much better food out there than that. 

15 Hilarious Memes About Learning How to Cook | Beachbody Blog

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/16/22 7:44 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/16/22 8:36 p.m.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
11/16/22 8:41 p.m.

I'm not advocating we throw toyman out a window, but I do regret that I can't give another upvote

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/16/22 8:43 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
11/16/22 9:01 p.m.

It's my 4th Cake Day! Here are some random memes I enjoyed over the years.

Toyman!
11/16/22 9:11 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

It was funny. Even I upvoted it. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
11/16/22 11:04 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/17/22 6:42 a.m.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
11/17/22 8:06 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/17/22 8:13 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

I wish. 8 times out of 10 when in online meetings, at least one idiot keeps having sidebars with their spouse or the TV is on in the background or something.  All meetings should default to everyone muted.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/17/22 8:32 a.m.

May be an image of text

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/17/22 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Your coworkers suck. TV is never an issue for us, and spousal interruption hasn't happened that I can recall since April 2020. Worst we see is canine interruption, or occasional, sick-child interruption, which before all of this would have meant the meeting was canceled and moved altogether. 

30 Virtual Meeting Memes That Every Office Employee Can Relate To - Lifesize

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/17/22 9:45 a.m.
Duke said:

I wish. 8 times out of 10 when in online meetings, at least one idiot keeps having sidebars with their spouse or the TV is on in the background or something.  All meetings should default to everyone muted.

One more reason many are being pushed to return to office.

30+ Funny Back to Work Memes to help your Return to Office

johndej
johndej SuperDork
11/17/22 10:17 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Toyman!
11/17/22 10:28 a.m.
Duke said:
eastsideTim said:

All meetings should default to an email. 

This Better Not Be A Meeting That Could Have Been An Email Elliot Stabler  GIF - This

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
11/17/22 10:37 a.m.
Duke said:

I work with a lady that never mutes her mic and will answer any call coming to her desk even though she is in a meeting.  She sits right behind me, so when her phone rings, I just mute her mic in Teams.  There's only 2 people in those meetings that know that I do that.  

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/17/22 1:36 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/17/22 1:36 p.m.

1 ... 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 ... 1722

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M8ZcvIpNMMSznEHsCZiSCBA4i9577UZjb4DF20qRvZyyvws8H1gssGeQxab9o8HI