Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/21 12:12 p.m.

No photo description available.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/21 12:13 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

The difference being, I think it's funny.

If SC hits 50% I'll be amazed. A large part of the population didn't care before the vaccine. They still don't. 

Masks are a thing of the past. Half the population isn't getting vaccinated. The numbers keep dropping. It's quite funny.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'ISAW A WOMAN SELLING BATTERIES IN THE PARK TODAY.. SHE SELLS c CELLS BY THE SEESAW. imgflip com'

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/29/21 12:54 p.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

In reply to mtn :

If SC hits 50% I'll be amazed. A large part of the population didn't care before the vaccine. They still don't. 

Masks are a thing of the past. Half the population isn't getting vaccinated. The numbers keep dropping. It's quite funny.

You think it is funny. I think it is sad. 

We'll see if the numbers keep dropping, in a look back 4-8 weeks from now. If vaccine uptake gets better, I expect them to fall. These vaccines are one of the few miracles that most people have ever seen. It is literally staring us in the face, and too many people are ignoring it. John 11:35. 

This meme is true for me: 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/29/21 1:03 p.m.

I have an opinion on the subject of vaccines and the use of PPE/masks. I'm not going to address that. I would suggest that the meme thread isn't where we should discuss it. 

Let us not forget who our hostess is. We care about her and want her to be happy. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/29/21 1:04 p.m.
mtn said:
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

In reply to mtn :

We'll see if the numbers keep dropping, in a look back 4-8 weeks from now. If vaccine uptake gets better, I expect them to fall. These vaccines are one of the few miracles that most people have ever seen. It is literally staring us in the face, and too many people are ignoring it. John 11:35. 

Same. Mortality rates around 2% for us (https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality) and everyone goes "oh boo hoo only a 98% chance you'll survive."

People don't understand statistics or probability. A 2% chance that you lose electricity that day means you'll be without electricity for over a week every year. People would be rioting. A 2% chance you'll die of a seasonal flu would mean that you're almost certain to die of the flu in your lifetime. We'd all stop driving if we had a 2% chance of dying in traffic accidents (fatalities would go from 33K to 120K annually). 

I'm in SC and I do not get it. The same guy walks into a gas station to buy food, stops for a McRib on the way home, smokes a pack a day, and won't take a vaccine because he doesn't know what's in it.

Top 10 Pro-Vaccine (or Anti Anti-Vaxxer) Memes on the Internet | American  Council on Science and Health

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/29/21 1:05 p.m.

Too soon. But the lifecycle is short for Rennbow puns.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/29/21 1:07 p.m.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'It's not about how many times you fall. It's about how many times you get back up. Cop: That's not how field sobriety tests work, sir. 5 00 Pamt Hamm, 0'

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/21 1:12 p.m.
mtn said:

There's a meme about that too, but I won't post it. 

Hilarious Pictures Not Memes 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
6/29/21 1:17 p.m.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'IN GOO's KITCHEN WHAT ARE YOU COOKING? ...Portland... Why?'

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/29/21 1:19 p.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/29/21 1:20 p.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/29/21 1:20 p.m.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
6/29/21 1:29 p.m.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'HOW ARE YOU? EXCRUCIATINGLY AWARE OF HOW MUCH OF EACH OTHER'S GROSS LUNG AIR WE'RE BREATHING. I MEAN, FINE! HOW ARE YOU?'

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
6/29/21 1:31 p.m.

In reply to David Elfering :

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/29/21 1:56 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/29/21 2:04 p.m.
David Elfering said:

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/29/21 2:33 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/29/21 3:19 p.m.
David Elfering said:

I don't have a proper meme, but I couldn't help sharing a pic of my desk right now...

...and the funny thing is, it largely echoes the meme. I know the coffee mood won't last, but hopefully by then I'll have accomplished something.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/29/21 7:19 p.m.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
6/29/21 7:26 p.m.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says '"That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "noted with thanks" will completely "what he meant was, disregard this feedback"'

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
6/29/21 7:26 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation? www.blackadderquotes.com'

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
6/30/21 12:16 a.m.

LOL.  This website is the stupidest berkeleying thing on the internet.

1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 ... 1761

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wnCFLORXcQc0KCdxBFutmqVwIxjquRCaNvMQYxoK6xfGKp0cErORQHNsaPxvCRO8