1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 ... 1745
gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
3/10/22 10:14 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

The proper name for the event was the Boston Molassacre. I'll fight anyone who disagrees. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
3/10/22 10:17 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to GCrites80s :

Must be Jays shtick 

Hmm, the "single" thing might be a mix of "everything having to be perfect" and "way too much crap hanging around."

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/10/22 10:52 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In the field of engineering I have met some quite interesting people. One fellow did his PhD thesis on the whole history leading up to, the exact reasons for, and the aftermath and cleanup of, the Great Molasses Flood of 1919. 

And yes, after learning about this, I read his thesis. 

Dark Tide by Stephen Puleo.  

Excellent book on the molassess flood. Highly recommended reading.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/11/22 1:32 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/22 2:36 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:
volvoclearinghouse said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In the field of engineering I have met some quite interesting people. One fellow did his PhD thesis on the whole history leading up to, the exact reasons for, and the aftermath and cleanup of, the Great Molasses Flood of 1919. 

And yes, after learning about this, I read his thesis. 

Dark Tide by Stephen Puleo.  

Excellent book on the molassess flood. Highly recommended reading.

I just picked that book up a couple weeks ago for myself and a friend after I think you recommended it in another thread.  It is our favorite industrial disaster and we joke about it often.  

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/11/22 7:08 a.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/11/22 7:30 a.m.
NickD said:

Oh E36 M3! I didn't know Penn and Teller had roles in one of the Mad Max films!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/11/22 7:45 a.m.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'In order to prepare for his role as the broody and depressed Batman, Robert Pattinson spent 14 years being known as the guy from Twilight.'

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/11/22 8:20 a.m.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Look I'm just trying to make it to Friday'

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/11/22 8:25 a.m.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/11/22 9:54 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to GCrites80s :

Must be Jays shtick 

Not all that far from the description of my house. Just replace "Buick parts" with "Guitars, bikes and Triumph parts".   And while I don't have parts in my kitchen cabinets, there is a shelving unit in the kitchen filled with mostly Triumph parts.  Yeah... I have a problem. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/11/22 10:16 a.m.
Beer Baron said:
NickD said:

Oh E36 M3! I didn't know Penn and Teller had roles in one of the Mad Max films!

Penn and Teller voiced Pain and Terror in Borderlands 3, which is pretty Mad Max-esque. Also not very good either.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/11/22 10:59 a.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/11/22 11:11 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to GCrites80s :

Must be Jays shtick 

Not all that far from the description of my house. Just replace "Buick parts" with "Guitars, bikes and Triumph parts".   And while I don't have parts in my kitchen cabinets, there is a shelving unit in the kitchen filled with mostly Triumph parts.  Yeah... you should be jealous. 

FTFY.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/11/22 11:15 a.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Stallone: I'm making a movie about composers. I'm playing Beethoven. Van Damme: I'll be Mozart. Schwarzenegger: Stop it guys, I'm not saying it.'

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/11/22 11:26 a.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

So you're a single guy too?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/11/22 11:59 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/11/22 12:08 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I don't understand what I'm looking at there, but I don't watch Roadkill or any of the Youtube car shows, really.

Meme unrelated:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'I've hardly done anything on my Bucket List. Just change the "B" to a "F" and you'll feel much better about it'

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
3/11/22 12:13 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Harley Davidson is Cosplay | Steven Crowder's "Change My Mind" Campus Sign  | Know Your Meme

This is the worst time of the year to be working from home on Zoom calls:  Daytona Bike Week. I did see a pair of guys w/Hoka Hey challenge patches on I-95 yesterday. Riding through the heaviest downpour possible in full leathers...and some clown in a jean jacket & no helmet ?~!? behind them.  I was impressed.  

I guess cruising A1A at 5mph under the speed limit while you go from one restaurant/bar to another is fun for some people.  The blaring music is almost as annoying as the exhaust noise.

I had some shiny happy people rent a vacation house a the end of my street and they decided to unload their bikes from the trailer at 11:30 last night.  wtf

Oh, so you drive a loud motorcycle i'm sure everyone really likes you. -  Willy Wonka | Meme Generator

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/11/22 12:20 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/11/22 12:24 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

They were doing head gaskets on a Hemi in a hurry, and Tony Angelo was popping the head nuts loose with a huge breaker bar. He slipped and clobbered poor Mike Finnegan in the head with the breaker bar. There was a very distinct tink and Mike kind of recoiled and then started bleeding everywhere

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/22 12:25 p.m.
mtn said:
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to GCrites80s :

Must be Jays shtick 

Not all that far from the description of my house. Just replace "Buick parts" with "Guitars, bikes and Triumph parts".   And while I don't have parts in my kitchen cabinets, there is a shelving unit in the kitchen filled with mostly Triumph parts.  Yeah... you should be jealous. 

FTFY.

We all know he'd thought about it before the hurricane. That's not desperation, that's an excuse. And probably a pretty good financial decision if that's a real M3.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/11/22 12:58 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/11/22 1:13 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/11/22 1:13 p.m.

1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 ... 1745

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners