1 ... 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 ... 2016
volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
11/22/23 9:02 a.m.

The Pilgrims packed less E36 M3 in that boat they spent 2 months in than we have in a Chevrolet Traverse for a long weekend at Nonna and Poppi's.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/23 10:08 a.m.
RevRico said:

Oh bioweapon facility, you are most definitely a blood relative of my mother. I asked a yes or no question, all I need is a yes or no. What I don't need, and am in no shape to listen to today, is a 30 minute diatribe about whatever bullE36 M3 you're watching on your tablet that has nothing at all to do with my question. 

That sounds like my wife. She can't answer a yes or no question with less than 100 words. Drives me crazy at times. 

She gets a little cranky when I ask her to say the word, yes. Then I'll ask her to say the word, no. Then I'll say something like, "So you do know what they are. Can you please answer yes/no questions using the words yes or no?" Invariably, I get another 100 words about why she needs more than one word. Then I may say something about inane ramblings and such. If I keep teasing her I can usually get her down to one word, but it's not going to be yes or no, it's going to be "shiny happy person!"

j_tso
j_tso Dork
11/22/23 10:19 a.m.
Antihero said:

So Black Friday is all month now? And the sales suck?

Funniest one I've seen is 10% off shipping

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
11/22/23 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

This is my wife also.  It's a 500:1 ratio of words she uses vs. what I use.  It's almost impressive that someone can expand something so simple into 15 minutes of chatter. 

She's also tone def as to when someone is trying to get her off the phone.  Usually me, but I've seen it first hand with her parents and siblings. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/23 11:26 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Sweet potato pie ticks all of the pumpkin boxes, but is superior in every way.

Eve then, it doesn't touch a good apple pie.

A great apple pie can't hold a candle to a good meat pie. My favorite is traditional shepherd's pie, made with lamb, but a good chicken pot pie is a close second. wink

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/22/23 11:42 a.m.

As we get closer to the holidays, I feel the need to remind people- it costs nothing to NOT be a dick. 

My rant is the fact that I feel like I have to remind people. 

Also, If you're gona put your business out there and get mad when someone tries to help, maybe don't put your business out there. 

Toyman!
11/22/23 11:53 a.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

Sweet potato pie ticks all of the pumpkin boxes, but is superior in every way.

Eve then, it doesn't touch a good apple pie.

A great apple pie can't hold a candle to a good meat pie. My favorite is traditional shepherd's pie, made with lamb, but a good chicken pot pie is a close second. wink

You are so wrong. laugh

Homemade Blueberry Pie Recipe - Handle the Heat

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/22/23 12:50 p.m.

Apple       \
Cherry       >  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pumpkin   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Sweet Potato
Blueberry /

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/22/23 12:55 p.m.

where does pecan fit in in all of this, its a top tier pie in my opinion

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/22/23 1:36 p.m.
gixxeropa said:

Look at Mr. Moneybags over here with his pecan pies!

But I agree, they're the best in my book. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/22/23 1:39 p.m.

Yall out here acting like cherry pie isn't the king. Song doesn't go she's my apple pie, doesn't go she's my pecan pie, doesn't even go she's my meat pie (and now i'm on a watchlist) it's she's my CHERRY PIE. 

Unless we're gonna allow curd based, then it's key lime. 

Maybe we need a bracket. 

Toyman!
11/22/23 1:46 p.m.
mtn said:
gixxeropa said:

Look at Mr. Moneybags over here with his pecan pies!

But I agree, they're the best in my book. 

Properly made they are very tasty.

This is wrong and makes for a nasty pie. 

The Best Pecan Pie Recipe l Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons

This is correct. The nut-to-filling ratio needs to be right. Seldom will you find one of these in a store. I can occasionally talk my daughter-in-law to fix me one. 

My Favorite Pecan Pie Recipe - Sally's Baking Addiction

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/22/23 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Either is fine with me, but yeah, the second one is way better.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/22/23 1:49 p.m.
gixxeropa said:

Somewhere between the Big 3 and pumpkin in my post, but a little closer to pumpkin.  Pecan pie is too sweet for me.

Also not shown:  lemon meringue and key lime, in that order, at the near left of the continuum.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
11/22/23 1:50 p.m.

Sold a guitar. Didn't really want to sell it, but I got my price. 

gixxeropa
11/22/23 1:53 p.m.

I understand that, I recently had to admit to myself I was going to have to wait until i retire or quit racing to have the time to learn pedal steel and sold mine. Its hard to let go, but its also hard to justify having thousands tied up in an instrument you don't have time to play. (especially when it also takes up a lot of floor space)

barefootcyborg5000
11/22/23 1:59 p.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

Let's not talk about the piano or trumpet... 

It did fit a nice niche though, cheap anough to not care about putting it in the case after each use, leaving it on the couch, things like that. But also nice enough to be actually good to play. Maybe I replace it with one of those thin line acoustics. Something cheap. Everyone needs a good beater guitar. Or truck. Or both. 

gixxeropa
11/22/23 2:02 p.m.

I've got an art & lutherie parlor guitar for that, it's already been broken and repaired twice so I can afford to be a little less precious about it

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/22/23 2:07 p.m.

I have sold over 20 guitars in my life. There are 4 I wish I could have back, but only one I regret selling. 

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
11/22/23 2:17 p.m.

Gotta agree with Toyman on this one, blueberry with a scoop of vanilla ice cream just like he's got in that picture.   Also and not sure if this is just a New England thing or not; strawberry rhubarb pie is over to the left end on Duke's scale with the blueberry and apple pies.     

barefootcyborg5000
11/22/23 2:37 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Only 20? 

I only have one I regret selling. Sold it to a friend on the condition I get first dibs if he ever sells. So I haven't lost hope. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/22/23 2:46 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000
11/22/23 4:20 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Sold a guitar. Didn't really want to sell it, but I got my price. 

Aaaand I made a low offer on a cheap bullet tele. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/22/23 4:33 p.m.

Neighbor has been running their gas blower at WOT for an hour. Dog is going nuts. I'm sick with a fever. 

The battery revolution cannot come fast enough. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/22/23 5:15 p.m.
mtn said:

Neighbor has been running their gas blower at WOT for an hour. Dog is going nuts. I'm sick with a fever. 

The battery revolution cannot come fast enough. 

That's one of the battery powered tools that is not really much quieter than the gas version, just a different pitch.  My wife uses one when she's dealing with the leaves.  I prefer to just use a rake, even if it is way slower.

1 ... 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UwSWTWmidoN4dfeYacTHdX8WBaBn2ZRDgiHFD0jQKUWkyPfJJhF9I92pF5G5NcT0