1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid HalfDork
9/20/11 1:06 p.m.
ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
9/20/11 1:17 p.m.

Is that what that concept image is? When I first saw that on Jalopnik this morning I thought it was someone's sketch for the 2014 Mustang (I now see the Chrysler badge up front, but you have to admit that whole front-end is VERY Mustang looking).

procker
procker Reader
9/20/11 1:18 p.m.

Ohh...looks sexy Found some more renditions and a lil article...looks like everything is under wraps for the most part though, no real details :(

Linky: Reborn: British Group Planning Retro Jensen Interceptor Revival

Pic:

procker
procker Reader
9/20/11 1:19 p.m.

In reply to ReverendDexter:

That's what it kinda looks like yeah...a 2014 Mustang Fastback I like it!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
9/20/11 1:21 p.m.

Heh, anyone else see the refreshed Interceptor that Clarkson drove on the most recent TGUK shown on BBC? I wanted hard.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/20/11 1:33 p.m.

Until it hits the showroom, it's just a pretty drawing...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/20/11 1:36 p.m.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
9/20/11 1:38 p.m.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
9/20/11 1:39 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:

Some serious DERP going on there.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
9/20/11 1:40 p.m.

Looks more like new Camaro meets Avanti to me.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
9/20/11 2:16 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Looks more like new Camaro meets Avanti to me.

I was thinking it was a photoshop of the Shelby GR1 when I first saw that image.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
9/20/11 6:23 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Until it hits the showroom, it's just a pretty drawing...

Agreed.

FWIW, I'm still bitter about Hot Rod's April Fool's Day joke about AMC.

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
9/20/11 6:45 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote: Until it hits the showroom, it's just a pretty drawing...
Agreed. FWIW, I'm still bitter about Hot Rod's April Fool's Day joke about AMC.

shiny happy people.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
9/20/11 10:38 p.m.

Can I just say I hate the wheels in these concept images?

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
9/20/11 11:37 p.m.

Yes, but the rest is fantastic. I would drive the E36 M3 out of both.

Escpecially with a turbo 6 or a small light V8.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/21/11 8:07 a.m.

never throught I would see a pacer that looks good.

I wait to see about the new interceptor. As good looking as the original was.. I am getting tired of all the retro stuff. The automotive world is becoming like hollywood. no original ideas

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/21/11 8:12 a.m.

As much as Chrysler likes to toy with their vehicles between concept and final production (not that I cas can blame them), we will see when the production model is out.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/21/11 8:17 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: As much as Chrysler likes to toy with their vehicles between concept and final production (not that I cas can blame them), we will see when the production model is out.

The Interceptor isn't Chrysler.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/21/11 9:05 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: (I now see the Chrysler badge up front, but you have to admit that whole front-end is VERY Mustang looking).

The only Interceptor I know of is a Ford or Harley. I know nothing of it but what I've read here. This comment I guess I took out of context. I apologize for my ignorance. LOLZ. Did I insult you?!

Jensen. I see.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/21/11 9:11 a.m.

I shudder to think of the Jensen interceptor with the corporate grill..

It really is the ugliest grill

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/21/11 9:15 a.m.

I really don't take any concept seriously. Too many "corrections" take the styling of the vehicle down hill. Happens with every company.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
9/21/11 9:38 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
ReverendDexter wrote: (I now see the Chrysler badge up front, but you have to admit that whole front-end is VERY Mustang looking).
The only Interceptor I know of is a Ford or Harley. I know nothing of it but what I've read here. This comment I guess I took out of context. I apologize for my ignorance. LOLZ. Did I insult you?! Jensen. I see.

Um, what? I'm not insulted, nor do I feel like I was taken out of context, but I sure do feel like I missed something!

That parenthetical wasn't an edit in response to any later post(s), it was just a comment that on a second viewing of that image I noticed the Chrysler badge on the nose, which would mean it certainly wasn't a Mustang. I was just cutting off any back-and-forth about "how could you think it was a Mustang when it's got the chrysler flying-goatse up front?"

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
9/21/11 9:52 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: never throught I would see a pacer that looks good.

+1. I looked at that and thought, "damn... that thing might actually sell if the proportions are done right (a bit smaller than the original)... so there's no way Chrysler will build it."

The Jenson Interceptor... meh... I do agree it looks like half Mustang (Camaro, notsomuch), half Avanti.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/21/11 9:54 a.m.

Too long, Clanky.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/21/11 10:52 a.m.

In reply to ReverendDexter:

that was for civic. Nothing directed at you. It was a pleasure to confuse you, though.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SN6ntCiIxDXy8SAzHNjac2fGbyGsCsz2we5H0sfl2TNtV6NIGgFgGcmnVzx9eHTw