1 2 3 4
Strizzo
Strizzo UltraDork
5/3/12 10:28 a.m.

Ya know, a popular way to smuggle drugs is in the spare, they should probably outlaw spare tires too.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
5/3/12 10:29 a.m.

w/ the skill sets here GRMers could pick up some extra cash fabbing hidden compartments for said mules.. outside Ohio of course

Strizzo
Strizzo UltraDork
5/3/12 10:30 a.m.
mndsm wrote: I can pull up on my cup holder in my ms3 and have access to the inside of the entire center console and most of the dash. I must be a criminal, because Mazda designed it that way.

Yep, dog puked in my cup holder once, I was very glad that piece just lifted out!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden Dork
5/3/12 10:35 a.m.

My Nissan pickup has a big space under the hood on the left fender. A .50 cal ammo can fits there nicely. I have considered bolting one in there to carry tools or any thing small and valuable. It would only be hidden with the hood latched. Would I be a menace to the peace in Ohio?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/3/12 10:40 a.m.

Hey, Celica, stop trying to hide my hootus.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/3/12 10:43 a.m.

Soon there will be one of these at every interaction. Selling lead Jock straps now.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp SuperDork
5/3/12 10:46 a.m.

There is a place in some Blazers that someone might forget they stashed a rifle and accidently cross into Canada or Ohio or Mexico.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/3/12 10:47 a.m.

Or Illinois....

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/3/12 10:47 a.m.

Seriously guys don't ever be in a car when it's being X-rayed. Doesn't matter what the TSA/DHS goons tell you, stand far away and not downwind of the X-ray machine.

jere
jere New Reader
5/3/12 1:56 p.m.

Why don't they just make it felony for them to search the cars, or make stupid laws like this in the other direction. Sure the pot head would get a price reduction in there product, but that would probably stimulate the economy and reduce law abiding citizen's head aches across the state! .... I think I need a stump or a soap box to stand on...

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
5/3/12 3:03 p.m.

Can we ban Ohio?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/12 3:49 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Can we ban Ohio?

no! We want them in Ohio.. not spread throughout the country. At least if they stay in Ohio, we will know where they are

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
5/3/12 3:59 p.m.

That sucks, every car should have at least one trap...

Next they are going to make it a crime to have a swisher sweet in your car...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/12 4:32 p.m.

question is..what constitutes a factory hidden compartment and what does not? I have the rear side compartments from a 9-5 that I am going to incorporate into my C900's trunk.

I am also removing the rear seats from my Ti and putting in a flat loadfloor with some storage beneath it

alstevens
alstevens New Reader
5/3/12 5:00 p.m.

OHIO just sucks. I live in Mich so whenever I travel I have to go throught OHIO quite often. I make sure I don't spend any $$$ in the state. No gas, motels, food, snacks, nothing. I just use their roads to get to where I am going to spend my $$$

The0retical
The0retical Reader
5/3/12 5:02 p.m.
carguy123 wrote:
Derick Freese wrote: So, I'm guessing this would also count for guys that hide their amps under panels and such, too. I'm seeing this one not making it past the Supreme Court the first time it makes it there.
But do you want to be the guy who has to spend all his money and his life getting it there?

Doesn't matter first time that they actively try to enforce this with a legitimate gun owner the NRA will be all over it. If not the NRA then the police will profile the wrong person and, as much as I have a love/hate view of them, the ACLU will become involved.

BTW Ohio is a Castle Doctrine state and it extends basically as far as Floridas does to include your vehicles.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/3/12 5:29 p.m.

Just about every car made now has a 'hardboard' headliner. If you remove the B/C pillar trims and the trim panels over the door openings, it's easy to lower the headliner about 4" and stash something there. Snap the panels back in and you are done, takes maybe 10-15 minutes if you are drinking beer.

Would that count as a 'hidden compartment, not dealer installed'? Normally I support the police, but man this is just stupid.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/3/12 6:23 p.m.
alstevens wrote: OHIO just sucks. I live in Mich so whenever I travel I have to go throught OHIO quite often. I make sure I don't spend any $$$ in the state. No gas, motels, food, snacks, nothing. I just use their roads to get to where I am going to spend my $$$

I know people who do the same thing with Michigan...seems kinda silly to me.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
5/3/12 6:56 p.m.
EvanB wrote:
alstevens wrote: OHIO just sucks. I live in Mich so whenever I travel I have to go throught OHIO quite often. I make sure I don't spend any $$$ in the state. No gas, motels, food, snacks, nothing. I just use their roads to get to where I am going to spend my $$$
I know people who do the same thing with Michigan...seems kinda silly to me.

jere
jere New Reader
5/3/12 7:03 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon: I don't think anyone would even need to go as far as getting into the headliner. I drive taxi in Akron, last week there was a sobriety checkpoint, which I got a couple of trips from. The driver would get busted and the friends would have to find some other way home...me. One group that I picked up admitted to stashing a "baggy" between the seat foam and the factory seat cover...cops searched and never found it.

I could see whomever came up with this bill making the case of any accessible crevice a compartment

Scott_H
Scott_H New Reader
5/3/12 8:34 p.m.

If you lift up the padded arm rest part on a Sienna's front door panel, you will find a hidden compartment. Soccer moms will revolt.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
5/3/12 8:39 p.m.

After I leave, i'm all for this!

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
5/3/12 8:48 p.m.

Are you leaving?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
5/3/12 8:56 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
After I leave, i'm all for this!

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
5/3/12 8:58 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Are you leaving?

Yep, going back to Georgia in aboot a month.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q2BnZ4yIvacegCrpjbdx618OvjgfuHaP3ILrgtOoEIElO6ksg3btw6L9Bd5ZApKU