poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/4/08 11:28 a.m.

I'm really, really, really, friggin' excited to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gEDUDmZkyc

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/4/08 1:11 p.m.

I can't watch the preview right now, but Dead Alive is one of my favorites! My friends and i even came up with a drinnking game for it. We were done in the first 20 minutes...

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/4/08 1:13 p.m.
CGLockRacer wrote: I can't watch the preview right now, but Dead Alive is one of my favorites! My friends and i even came up with a drinnking game for it. We were done in the first 20 minutes...

Care to elaborate? The preview is for "Black Sheep," which appears to be a zombie/werewolf-type flick...but the "zombies" are sheep. Looks berkeleying hilarious. As a big bonus, it appears to be shot in New Zealand, and the special effects were done by WETA.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/4/08 1:20 p.m.

"WETA"? Is that, We Eat Tasty Animals?

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
9/4/08 3:05 p.m.

Looks good, but it said March '07?

WETA is most famous for the effects in The LOTR Trilogy.

captainzib
captainzib Reader
9/4/08 3:42 p.m.

For anyone that digs tongue-in-cheek horror, check out Slither and Feast.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/4/08 3:48 p.m.
Looks good, but it said March '07?

Word. It's on the top of my netfix quqeueuequeu. I didn't see the preview until last night, when we popped in "1408," which wasn't bad at all, and gave me some pretty rad, vivid, apocolyptic type nightmares.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/4/08 3:51 p.m.
captainzib wrote: For anyone that digs tongue-in-cheek horror, check out Slither and Feast.

My friends had a great drinking game for Feast:

Almost all of the characters die. At the very beginning, they are introduced with a quick B.S. bio and their probability for survival.

Pick two characters who you think might survive. Multiple people can not choose the same character. You can change your pick until the first person gets killed (which happens really fast). At that point, choices are locked in.

When one of your choices dies, take a drink. Then, pick another character.

At least one character dies, comes back, and dies again... at least once. If you picked that character, you're stuck with them and need to drink each time they die... and you're still stuck with whoever you chose to replace them.

Tons of fun, because not everyone drinks at the same time, and you end up rooting for/against different characters.

We also added that, anytime a monster starts humping something, everyone takes a drink.

captainzib
captainzib Reader
9/4/08 3:53 p.m.

That game sounds awesome. You just added rewatchability to a funny but otherwise watchitandforgetit type of movie.

I just have to pretend like I've never seen the movie before with each group of people I watch it with. Granted I was pretty well plastered the first time I saw it and can't remember the fates of all the characters.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/4/08 3:54 p.m.
captainzib wrote: That game sounds awesome. You just added rewatchability to a funny but otherwise watchitandforgetit type of movie. I just have to pretend like I've never seen the movie before with each group of people I watch it with.

I had a friend who had watched it.

If someone has seen the movie before... their friends choose for them.

captainzib
captainzib Reader
9/4/08 3:55 p.m.

Awesome.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/4/08 3:57 p.m.

My friend who'd seen it before had Jay and the Slickster picked for him.

I took the gal about to rob the bar and the nerd.

seann
seann Reader
9/4/08 4:57 p.m.

How many times are people dying in this movie. Should we be drinking shots or beers?

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/4/08 5:05 p.m.
seann wrote: How many times are people dying in this movie. Should we be drinking shots or beers?

Huh?

Each "drink" needs to be at least a full serving of alcohol. Seems to me that a full beer or a shot are about equal in alcohol content. I recommend a car-bomb whenever one of your picks bites it.

Remember, you only drink if one of your picks dies.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/4/08 5:40 p.m.

mmm, car bomb

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/4/08 6:53 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
CGLockRacer wrote: I can't watch the preview right now, but Dead Alive is one of my favorites! My friends and i even came up with a drinnking game for it. We were done in the first 20 minutes...
Care to elaborate? The preview is for "Black Sheep," which appears to be a zombie/werewolf-type flick...but the "zombies" are sheep. Looks berkeleying hilarious. As a big bonus, it appears to be shot in New Zealand, and the special effects were done by WETA.

I was at work, so I couldn't watch. The drinking game, however, I wish I could remember. We wrote it down but someone lost the sheet. It involved everytime a head was removed, something/one cut in half, lawn mower on screen was double shots, etc. "Your mother ate my dog!"...quadruple...

problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
9/5/08 6:48 a.m.

I was guessing this would be a trailer for Zombie Strippers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQCDfIe38

Girl#1: They're Zombies!

Girl#2: They're Strippers!

Girl#3: They're Zombie-Strippers! (pumps shotgun)

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
9/5/08 8:34 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Care to elaborate? The preview is for "Black Sheep," which appears to be a zombie/werewolf-type flick...but the "zombies" are sheep. Looks berkeleying hilarious. As a big bonus, it appears to be shot in New Zealand, and the special effects were done by WETA.

Ah Black Sheep! We saw that last year - it was pretty damn funny. I could say more but I don't want to ruin it. It's definitely got some offal scenes in it....

I'd still like to see "Machete" made into a full length movie.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/5/08 10:43 a.m.
problemaddict wrote: I was guessing this would be a trailer for Zombie Strippers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQCDfIe38 Girl#1: They're Zombies! Girl#2: They're Strippers! Girl#3: They're Zombie-Strippers! (pumps shotgun)

Call me old fashioned, but I like my strippers (at least partially) alive, and my zombies to be sheep. That being said, "Frankenhooker" is one of my faves in the "B-horror" genre.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/10/08 12:38 p.m.

So yeah; Black Sheep was freaking awesome. I was really worried that with WETA being involved, the "gag" shots would be too over-CG'd, but 90% of the gags were super low-tech; writhing bodies filled with ketchup and sausages, shots framed so that realistic half-sheep "puppets" could rip peoples throats out, cheap animatronics, etc.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JTZSGvdKhrHdftqC0DD1dyqazf0w9DNWpButiUpkzv4yXwLpjoRPoEg9gFMi42Ks