singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
12/18/14 4:13 p.m.

I wouldn't have posted this but the Anime thread and my 5 adult beverages at work today are emboldening me. Anyone want to roll an RPG? You know, dice, DND, and the such. I'm sure that I'm not the only super nerd here. Specifically, Numenera. I have the book (physical and PDF) and a number of the other bolt on books in PDF. Looking for 6 people MAX. Probably do it on Monday nights or something over Google Hangouts or Skype. No prior table top experience required. I have only been doing them for a few years.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/18/14 4:21 p.m.

DanielCut
DanielCut New Reader
12/18/14 4:21 p.m.

Not the RPGs I thought you wanted us to play with :(

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/14 4:25 p.m.

I have no idea what any of that means.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
12/18/14 4:32 p.m.

Then it isn't for you Woody .

From wiki:

"A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game[1][2]) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development.[3] Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

Super dorky but lots of fun.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/18/14 4:37 p.m.

I would actually really enjoy doing that, but my likelihood of being able to commit to a regularly scheduled time slot is nil. Have fun!

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
12/18/14 4:53 p.m.

I sell the Star Wars Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion books but don't actually play.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
12/18/14 5:41 p.m.

I haven't gamed in ages and have been looking for something. It would be very time dependent. I have no experience with Numenera.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
12/18/14 5:53 p.m.

I, too, was momentarily intrigued:

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/18/14 6:07 p.m.

Bah.

Now that's an RPG. :)

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
12/18/14 6:21 p.m.

I can send a PDF of numenera to anyone interested. Just email me. I like dnd but only know 4th edition which isn't the best version. Numenera is closer to DND 2nd for those in the know.

Beer Baron - I am think 8-10 central once every few weeks. The day can be flexible depending on schedules. I just haven't played in a while and want to start something again.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/18/14 6:57 p.m.

Haven't thrown dice in many years. I played D&D, Star Wars, and Champions mostly. I salute you fellow nerd. I have never heard of Numenera or this Google hang out thing.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
12/18/14 9:34 p.m.

Numenera is only a couple of years old but seems pretty cool. Open ended for sure. It reworks some of the old DND base rules that have become standard and I like the way it plays.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/18/14 9:45 p.m.

Spent many hours playing D&D in my youth, but I haven't picked up my D20 in 30 years.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
12/18/14 10:16 p.m.

No time like the present to start again!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/18/14 10:16 p.m.

Any online free ish games we could play.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
12/18/14 10:21 p.m.

Like wow esk? Probably, but honestly the table top rpgs can be at least as fun if everyone gets into it.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/19/14 7:47 a.m.

I have one D&D group that consists of a few band mates, my wife, and another actual girl. We are all in our 30s.

We are also working on a podcast with the new D&D ruleset.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
12/19/14 3:07 p.m.

Gimp - What is the name of your podcast. I think I have seen that before!

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
12/21/14 12:37 a.m.

Man, I have not gotten much to rpg in the past year, group deied out that I gamed with...sigh and can not seem to findcplayers around me as easy asvitvwas years ago.....sigh...

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
12/21/14 4:45 a.m.

Sorry. No real time to play another. I am currently playing 2 different games of Pathfinder and about to start a third.

I have been an RPG junkie since 77 when tbere pretty much was only D&D!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/21/14 11:09 a.m.

Jesus, I thought you guys were thinking of playing with Rocket Propelled Grenades.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
12/21/14 10:36 p.m.

Depending on how the divorce goes I might be up for that.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/21/14 11:06 p.m.

i don't play it, but i have an original D&D starter set (or whatever you call it) that i got from somewhere.. i don't know where it is right now, but i know i have it..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
18AMZ7Hi6SAB35kHR8zNX4aeeFPgtyRnD7HOOz4cjqSfjPSWQ6wtm6YDwJgYdDXx