Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
3/15/19 6:41 a.m.

Tesla's lastest model is Y.     Of course it is.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/15/19 7:24 a.m.

Love the AF.

Say what you will about everyone favorite real life Bond villain, he knows how to promote.  

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
3/15/19 7:30 a.m.

Anyone else feel like the cars look like Orca... and the "SUV" look like pregnant Orca... just saying. With all due respect of course.  

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
3/15/19 8:10 a.m.

My first thought at the nose of the "3" was Renault Caravelle crying

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/15/19 8:14 a.m.

I was watching the latest video from Harry's Garage last night, he was at the 2019 Geneva car show and there was a coachbuilt Tesla Model S shooting brake there.  I thought it was a pretty nice looking car.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Yx4rvB8VE

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
3/15/19 8:26 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Love the AF.

Say what you will about everyone favorite real life Bond villain, he knows how to promote.  

And I just realized, if this picture represents Tesla,    We will have a modern Model A?

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/15/19 9:21 a.m.
stuart in mn said:

I was watching the latest video from Harry's Garage last night, he was at the 2019 Geneva car show and there was a coachbuilt Tesla Model S shooting brake there.  I thought it was a pretty nice looking car.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Yx4rvB8VE

In that color, at that angle I see a lot of Jaguar in that design. 

I like it.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
3/15/19 10:29 a.m.

The S is impressive looking.  The 3 is ill-proportioned and looks awful.  I've not seen a model X.

I do hope they keep prices up.  It'll give the greenies something to aspire to.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/15/19 12:19 p.m.

To me, only the S looks right. 3XY all need some work. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/15/19 12:28 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

The X is quite horrible. Sytlisticalky, the dumb rear doors, all of it. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/15/19 12:41 p.m.

I don't think the Model X looks any worse than any other SUV.  I might say it looks better.  I see them often enough to not bother me.  We passed one during the drive to lunch today.  I am starting to see a lot more Model 3's driving around. Typically at least 3 per day, including the one in our office parking lot.  But there's also a Fisker Karma in our parking lot, so maybe it's not the best source for an average.

Looking at pictures of the Model Y, I don't get what the negative fuss is about. It's being called "underwhelming"... well yeah... "underwhelming" is what the average car shopper actually buys.

If the Model A or F is a van, I'll definitely consider one.

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/15/19 5:11 p.m.

SUV you say? Which magazine will be first to test it's rock crawling ability?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/15/19 5:45 p.m.

That first graphic bothers me because the heights are not scaled/placed correctly.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/15/19 6:42 p.m.

I expected more of this:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M7MSATlisapzN7cNc0pg95PYWsZSBnPi2Vt3dZVDGFRPTOUDsXMubmSppmFaINyG