Kramer
Kramer Dork
9/21/12 3:29 p.m.

Q: What has six t!ts and two teeth?

A: night shift at the waffle house.

MitchellC
MitchellC UberDork
9/21/12 3:46 p.m.

Waffle house has jukeboxes and doesn't smell like old people. These two qualities alone make it far superior to IHOP. WH's food is acceptable, although I always get the same thing: All Star, with eggs over easy, hash browns smothered covered topped, cinnamon raisin bread, sausage, and a waffle extra crispy. Sometimes I'll branch out and get a pecan waffle.

My favorite breakfast food in town is at Flying Biscuit. It looks really hippie dippie inside with colors bright enough to look like a clown threw up rainbows, but I like the food. They have scrambled eggs loaded with collard greens, onions, and cheese that encompass everything that I want in my eggs. They for some reason feign health with turkey bacon and sausage, but have enough cream and butter in their grits to warrant of cardiac arrest. Did I mention that the grits are great? The biscuits are pretty good; not my favorite, but honestly, there are about a thousand ways to make a biscuit. The coffee isn't weak like it is at most diner-esque places, either. They also have mimosas and other "breakfast alcohol."

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/21/12 3:56 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Some of the people I'm traveling with have a strange hatred for Cracker Barrell, so they are out. Any other down-South chains we should try for some dirty good meals?

Whoa.... wait a minute. Who hates Cracker Barrel? Seriously? That's like hating America, bacon and beer all at the same time. I think you need to find new friends. seriously man... they're not right.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
9/21/12 5:40 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Poblano? Feta? There's no goat milk cheese on the menu!

How DARE you release the secret document upon the interWebz!!

Seriously, though..smothered, covered, and diced. Chunked if the hashbrowns aren't a side order.

Except for once a week, when I get a double all the way. With ranch dressing.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
9/21/12 5:47 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
SilverFleet wrote: Some of the people I'm traveling with have a strange hatred for Cracker Barrell, so they are out. Any other down-South chains we should try for some dirty good meals?
Whoa.... wait a minute. Who hates Cracker Barrel? Seriously? That's like hating America, bacon and beer all at the same time. I think you need to find new friends. seriously man... they're not right.

Uh, as much as I hate to admit it..CB had some racial "issues" not so long ago. They learned their lesson, but some folks still hold a grudge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_Barrel_Old_Country_Store#Racial_and_sexual_discrimination

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
9/21/12 6:13 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
SilverFleet wrote: Ahhh... another thing to look forward to on our trip down south to the Challenge. That, and the rancid farts that soon follow... oh man...
FWIW, DO_NOT_UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES hit the one a couple exits North of the best western. It is seriously THE worst restaurant I've ever been to in my life. Filthy, and we made the same mistake two years in a row; I want to say we were there for at least an hour and a half. It was insane. There's a Bob Evans a few exits up, and a good WH on the University exit. 43rd Street Deli on the Williston Exit is seriously one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. Phenomenal.

Or whatever exit in south Georgia it was where Matt Lee and I got covered in water from the girl washing dishes in 2009. Glad we were done eating.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
9/21/12 6:29 p.m.

It's berkeleying strange, but I've ended up at that one a couple times since. Actually, I guess it's not that strange, it's just "the one you hit at lunchtime when headed south from ATL."

We cleared about twenty people out of that one on University in 2004 with a giant cloud of gold bond medicated powder that coated every bit of food in the joint, and the waiter and chef were still cool with us. That's top notch service right there.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
9/21/12 6:54 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: It's berkeleying strange, but I've ended up at that one a couple times since. Actually, I guess it's not that strange, it's just "the one you hit at lunchtime when headed south from ATL." We cleared about twenty people out of that one on University in 2004 with a giant cloud of gold bond medicated powder that coated every bit of food in the joint, and the waiter and chef were still cool with us. That's top notch service right there.

I... How.

alex
alex UberDork
9/21/12 6:58 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:

Suspicious quotation marks...

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/21/12 8:22 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: So Huddle House is edible? I'll keep it in mind. Some of the people I'm traveling with have a strange hatred for Cracker Barrell, so they are out. Any other down-South chains we should try for some dirty good meals?

FWIW I actually like Huddle House more than WaHo .. and I love me some WaHo

jamscal
jamscal Dork
9/21/12 8:25 p.m.

Tried the Double D's at WH?

From another forum:

Quote:

After working a 30 or so hour shift, I ended up at the waffle house cause I was hungry and cooking wasnt going to happen. Sat at the bar and a man next to me ordered Double D's.

They took the circular forms (2) added hash browns to the bottom. The in each form, cracked an egg to cook sunny side up on top of the hash browns. When placed on the plate, saw why they were called Double D's.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
9/21/12 8:26 p.m.

Before it got busted for prostitution, the WH on Richmond Rd in Lexington, KY was a hotspot for some bathroom shanigans if you asked for "extra syrup"......

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/12 9:42 p.m.

so my thursday 11pm scattered covered topped treated me poorly on my friday 8:45am flight. there was a flight attendant strapped into the jumpseat between the two E36 M3ters at the back of coach. i bet she wished for a different career when turbulence forced me to hold the door open to keep my balance upon my exit. man, i berkeleying ruined that E36 M3ter! i think Delta's going to ground that plane.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/12 9:46 p.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: I can vividly recall my one trip to Bob Evans, In Bowling Green, KY. It was awesome.

was that on the west side of I-65 at exit 22? because i just stayed at the new holiday inn express right behind the bob evans there. there's a WH next door and an ihop across the street. sign in front of WH says "Friends don't let friends eat pancakes!" I LOL'd.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/21/12 10:02 p.m.

The only problem I have with the "aweful waffle" is I never ever get full there. That and the one time I took my crew there and the three of us had a bill over $70 for three "allstar's" The cops showed up and made me pay it, I think it was a setup. Something about the hairy mole on the upper lip of the cook struck me the wrong way. And she was about two inches taller than me and was 260# of solid muscle.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
9/21/12 10:21 p.m.
carguy123 wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to 1988RedT2: There aren't any in the entire state of Illinois and all the ones in Indiana are close to Indy.
Thank your lucky stars. I can't imagine people going to them on purpose. If you're wasted and no place else is to go and your judgement is impaired than I understand it.

I see it this way:

There are those who like Waffle House and there are those who do not like Waffle House.

I sir, am one who likes Waffle House. Never had a bad experience at the several I've been to.

Now those who have questionable taste, go to Waffle Steak.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
9/21/12 10:38 p.m.
Kramer wrote: Q: What has six t!ts and two teeth? A: night shift at the waffle house.

Kramer- Please, the question is "What has 5 tits and two teeth?" Save The Tatas

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/21/12 11:27 p.m.

I once played on a college softball team called Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Topped and Chunked. As I remember, our name was our only endearing quality.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
9/21/12 11:38 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Uh, as much as I hate to admit it..CB had some racial "issues" not so long ago. They learned their lesson, but some folks still hold a grudge. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_Barrel_Old_Country_Store#Racial_and_sexual_discrimination

so did Kramer and I still watch Seinfeld reruns. Love me some CB.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RmzaweOUscNLxlL09441lYI68WKeS6jjQ4WPUWmyC2w6m9Ssz3XD9JUN2Hv4Svao